Can you opt out of Obamacare?

I meant something more along the lines of paying for universal healthcare while not actually covered by any insurance plan.
Sure. Pay the fine on your taxes.
if we pay the fine. do we still need to pay for medical services?
If you pay the fine, it's because you're refusing to get insurance. If you don't have insurance, of course you pay for medical services.
this isnt right.

I meant something more along the lines of paying for universal healthcare while not actually covered by any insurance plan.
If you pay the fine, it's because you're refusing to get insurance. If you don't have insurance, of course you pay for medical services.
this isnt right.
Not sure whether you mean "right" as in "correct" or "right" as in "moral." Can you clarify?

this isnt right.
Not sure whether you mean "right" as in "correct" or "right" as in "moral." Can you clarify?
right as in moral and fair and just

Isn't that what the ACA was intended to put into place?
ACA was created by and voted for exclusively by democrats. It was intended to fail, since the ultimate goal is for single payer. Don't believe me? Remember this little gem? "If the government controls your healthcare, it controls you." That is their ultimate goal. Complete control. It's what they've been striving for these past several decades. Anyone who can't see that has finally lost their second to last brain cell.

this isnt right.
right as in moral and fair and just

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
How horrible it seems to some that all people should have health care in the US like they do in every other industrialized country in the west.

Its easy to understand selfishness, but selfishness to this degree is beyond normal, it is malicious and callous.

How horrible it seems to some that all people should have health care in the US like they do in every other industrialized country in the west.

Its easy to understand selfishness, but selfishness to this degree is beyond normal, it is malicious and callous.
It always should be a choice, being forced into Obamacare is the worst possible situation.

Embrace the suck

...being forced into Obamacare is the worst possible situation...

You've apparently led a very sheltered life. And no one's forced into it. This entire thread is about the - albeit silly - choice of opting out.

It always should be a choice, being forced into Obamacare is the worst possible situation.

Embrace the suck

Put up the list of people bitching about being forced to buy auto insurance.

Its a non-issue falsely made into something by con media. As usual.

It's just really weird to me that you can't pay into it without voluntarily opting out of receiving anything. What if you just support the system but don't want to deal with it personally? What if you pay in because it's illegal not to but receiving benefits violates your beliefs for whatever reason?

No one is being 'forced' to purchase health insurance, the notion is ignorant and unfounded.

Yes, they are. Your argument is insultingly stupid. By such reasoning, no one is forced to obey any law - they simply pay the consequences if they choose not too.

It's just really weird to me that you can't pay into it without voluntarily opting out of receiving anything. What if you just support the system but don't want to deal with it personally? What if you pay in because it's illegal not to but receiving benefits violates your beliefs for whatever reason?

I don't think anyone can force you to accept the benefits. Just don't go to the doctor, or pay your health care bills yourself. Under ACA, you're forced to buy insurance, but I don't see how you're forced to use it.

this isnt right.

If it's required it's not Obamacare or health insurance or anything fo the sort, it's a sick tax. Wanna get rid of stuff think up better names for them like "death tax" :)

If it's required it's not Obamacare or health insurance or anything fo the sort, it's a sick tax. Wanna get rid of stuff think up better names for them like "death tax" :)

Good point. The GOP have been so busy trying to shut down the government and squabbling about who gets to pick the moderators for the next debate that they've really been slacking off on this. The least they could do is assign it to an intern.

this isnt right.

"Life tax" would be more accurate. But a tax is charged by government. Maybe "tithing"? No, that's more of a church thing. What's it called when a company forces people to give it money against their will.... oh yeah, "extortion", that's it.

this isnt right.

"Life tax" would be more accurate. But a tax is charged by government. Maybe "tithing"? No, that's more of a church thing. What's it called when a company forces people to give it money against their will.... oh yeah, "extortion", that's it.
Excellent illustration of Post 56, not to mention why the opposition had years prior to the PPACA to come up with a plan of its own and didn't. Lately every GOP plan has just been a clumsier and more costly-to-implement variation on the PPACA.

If they really thought it sucked so badly, why are they trying to piggyback on it now?

this isnt right.

Excellent illustration of Post 56, not to mention why the opposition had years prior to the PPACA to come up with a plan of its own and didn't. Lately every GOP plan has just been a clumsier and more costly-to-implement variation on the PPACA.

If they really thought it sucked so badly, why are they trying to piggyback on it now?

You got me. The Republicans are a waste of time. They're corporate whores every bit as much as the Democrats.

Forum List

Back