Can you opt out of Obamacare?

I have health insurance because I can afford it and I choose to
Which gives the lie to Post 12, doesn't it?

No
Yes. You said you had insurance because you chose to. No one forced you.

Now it turns out Daddy Employer pays for all or most of your insurance. So not only are you not being forced to have insurance, but you're being subsidized.

Or is your confusion because you're one of those deliberately dense people who still believes "Obamacare is insurance"?

No

Correct

Now it turns out Daddy Employer pays for all or most of your insurance. So not only are you not being forced to have insurance, but you're being subsidized.

False. I am not being forced to do anything.

Or is your confusion because you're one of those deliberately dense people who still believes "Obamacare is insurance"?

I don't think you should be questioning anybody else's intellectual capacity seeing as how are you unable to understand the conversation at hand.

So in three years I'm going to lose Tricare and be back in the civilian job market. It's my understanding that this will require me to enroll in universal healthcare. While I have no problems paying for it, I have my reasons for preferring not to use it myself. Is it possible to opt out of the program in that way?
Your 'understanding' is wrong.

First, there is no such thing as Obama 'care,' it exists as neither a health insurance entity nor a healthcare provider – consequently there is nothing to 'opt out' from.

Second, there is no such thing as 'universal' healthcare.

Third, the only question is whether one will be required to pay the tax to fund the subsidiaries or not.

If one has employer provided insurance or insurance of his own that meets or exceeds the ACA's requirements, he doesn't pay the tax.

If one has a private health insurance policy acquired from the ACA's marketplace, he doesn't pay the tax.

If one is enrolled in his state's Medicaid, he doesn't pay the tax.

If one lives in a state that didn't expand Medicaid, where he can't afford health insurance, he doesn't pay the tax.

If one can afford health insurance but for some reason decided not to buy health insurance and go without, he'll be required to pay the tax.

And if one has a health insurance policy that doesn't meet the ACA's requirements, he'll be required to pay the tax.

Last, those eligible for Medicare are subject to neither the requirements of the ACA nor subject to the tax.

Exactly.

I am not being forced to take my employer's insurance, but if I don't and don't get it through the ObamaCare exchanges or some other private solution and the government catches me then it's a fine, which if I don't pay would ultimately land me in prison, so my point is that it's a false choice.

Of course, you already knew that, but if it makes you feel better to believe you defended the legitimacy of your authoritarian beliefs, by all means, don't let me stand in your way. :afro:

Exactly.

I am not being forced to take my employer's insurance, but if I don't and don't get it through the ObamaCare exchanges or some other private solution and the government catches me then it's a fine....

Correct so far. So now you're back to claiming you're being "forced." You really need to make up your mind.

...which if I don't pay would ultimately land me in prison...

Orly? Need some proof for that.

No one is being 'forced' to purchase health insurance, the notion is ignorant and unfounded.

If one wishes to have no health insurance, he's at liberty to go without, and is in no way 'compelled' to purchase health insurance.

He will pay the tax to fund the substitutes, however, where such a tax is perfectly appropriate and Constitutional, in no way 'violating' citizens' rights.

No

With the ACA you are buying insurance from the major health insurers like Blue Cross and Anthem just as if you were doing so privately. The only difference is some of the monthly premium can be paid by the ACA if your income qualifies.

It is normal health insurance that you can buy on your own.

Exactly.

I am not being forced to take my employer's insurance, but if I don't and don't get it through the ObamaCare exchanges or some other private solution and the government catches me then it's a fine....

Correct so far. So now you're back to claiming you're being "forced." You really need to make up your mind.

It was never not made up. I've been consistent. You seem to be the one having the problem keeping up.

Naturally, you're an idiot :eusa_drool: So I'll make a deal with you, don't pay your next speeding ticket and see what happens.

No

With the ACA you are buying insurance from the major health insurers like Blue Cross and Anthem just as if you were doing so privately. The only difference is some of the monthly premium can be paid by the ACA if your income qualifies.

It is normal health insurance that you can buy on your own.
Correct.

It is not 'government' health insurance, it is private insurance that can be used to acquire healthcare from private providers.

Exactly.

It was never not made up. I've been consistent.

Consistently waffling between "I'm free to let my employer pay my insurance" and "I'M BEING FORCED TO GET INSURANCE!!11!"

That you are.

We are forced to get insurance. My comment of not being forced to do anything was specifically directed towards taking insurance from my employers.

We are forced to get insurance. My comment of not being forced to do anything was specifically directed towards taking insurance from my employers.

Whatever. After you prove that you'd go to prison for not paying the fee, you can form rational responses to Posts 24, 27, 28, and 30.

If you're capable.

If not, you'll keep snapping back at me.

Are you capable?

Whatever. After you prove that you'd go to prison for not paying the fee, you can form rational responses to Posts 24, 27, 28, and 30.

If you're capable.

Are you capable?

Don't pay your next speeding ticket and let me know what happens.

If you're capable.

Are you capable?

So you admit you can neither prove that people have gone to jail for refusing to pay the fee, nor can you answer Posts 24, 27, 28, and 30.

Incapable it is, then.

Now, say the thing about the speeding ticket a third time. It seems to be all you have.

If you're capable.

Are you capable?

Its not the same thing. Speeding is a criminal offense.

Not paying a tax generally rarely sends anyone to jail, especially a minimal one like the ACA tax. Sure, you may be forced to pay it via wage garnishment or some other means eventually after legal costs far exceed the fines, but thats the price you pay to live in a functioning society.

Its not the same thing. Speeding is a criminal offense.

Not paying a tax generally rarely sends anyone to jail, especially a minimal one like the ACA tax. Sure, you may be forced to pay it via wage garnishment or some other means eventually after legal costs far exceed the fines, but thats the price you pay to live in a functioning society.
Obamacare mandate -- shared responsibility payment:
Truth is the law says no one ca be sent to jail for failing to pay. There will be no wage garnishment either. So says the law.

Tizzie Tazzie is a bit confused. He likes to think he comes from the Bank truck robbery capital of America, but in actuality he comes from the Angel Dust capital of Boston. Everyone from Eastie or Southie who would get heir ass kicked for using Dust in their own hoods, went to C-Town to use Dust

Forum List

Back