Can you name anything your favorite candidate has accomplished ..........

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
Can you name anything your favorite candidate has accomplished to qualify him/her to be our next President?

Can you name anything your favorite candidate has accomplished to qualify him/her to be our next President?

John McCain-

Silver Star, Legion of Merit, Bronze Star, Distinguished Flying Cross

4 years in the US House
20 Years in the US Senate

While serving as Commanding Officer of VA-174, he turned around a mediocre unit, improving its aircraft readiness and pilot safety metrics and winning the squadron its first Meritorious Unit Commendation.

John McCain-

4 years in the US House

While serving as Commanding Officer of VA-174, he turned around a mediocre unit, improving its aircraft readiness and pilot safety metrics and winning the squadron its first Meritorious Unit Commendation.

That just about qualifies him to be a good military commander. What's he done as a politician?

If John Kerry's Vietnam War record was irrelevant, so is McCain's. I tolerate double standards less from my own side of the aisle than the other.

That just about qualifies him to be a good military commander. What's he done as a politician?

If John Kerry's Vietnam War record was irrelevant, so is McCain's. I tolerate double standards less from my own side of the aisle than the other.

You assume that I thought Kerry's military record was irrelevent. As you know Gunny, military command experience relevent in more than just a military capacity.

What's he done as a politician?

Collude with some of the most notable democrats on very liberal projects over the years, and work ever closer to completely ruining the GOP.

He's about 300 delegates away from finishing the job.

Collude with some of the most notable democrats on very liberal projects over the years, and work ever closer to completely ruining the GOP.

He's about 300 delegates away from finishing the job.

Yet no one seemed to have a problem with Ronald Reagan having dinner with Tip O'Neill once a month. I am guessing your idea of bipartisanship is when a moderate Republican and a conservative Republican work together to find the definition of "Compassionate Conservative."

Yet no one seemed to have a problem with Ronald Reagan having dinner with Tip O'Neill once a month. I am guessing your idea of bipartisanship is when a moderate Republican and a conservative Republican work together to find the definition of "Compassionate Conservative."

O'Neill and Reagan weren't partnering up on one-sided legislation, onthefence. There's a big difference.

No, my idea of bipartisanship is both sides coming to what amounts to at least ALMOST complete agreement on legislation that benefits the country as a WHOLE, not just a certain ideology.

McCain partnered up with liberals, on LIBERAL projects, which only really benefitted liberal ideology.

I can agree that liberals have some good ideas, just as conservatives have good ideas...I'm not a partisan hack...but amnesty for illegal immigrants, any of which could be here with the intention of doing this country harm? Come on.

Because people of normal political leaning are capable of working together to find compromise.

It's an artform that seems to have been largely lost. In years past, our politicians argued and screamed and took the political positions they believed in when they were on the floor of congress. And then they went out for a steak dinner and came up with some realistic goals.

I used to be so passionate about this kind of thing, but I just can't care anymore. After the last two elections, I am feeling apathetic. And this is from someone who used to be a politics junkie. It's sad actually.

McCain partnered up with liberals, on LIBERAL projects, which only really benefitted liberal ideology.

Please back this up with evidence. Amnesty doesn't count, because it is not a liberal or conservative debate. It has proponents and opponents on both sides of the spectrum.

You assume that I thought Kerry's military record was irrelevent. As you know Gunny, military command experience relevent in more than just a military capacity.

It it is not however an automatic qualifer for the Presidency. John Murtha ALSO has military command experience. So does John Kerry.

See my point?

Please back this up with evidence. Amnesty doesn't count, because it is not a liberal or conservative debate. It has proponents and opponents on both sides of the spectrum.

Wrong. Amnesty DOES count. It is clearly liberal in its political idealism, no matter what other motive you wish to ascribe to it.

The wealthy corporate types, whether they label themselves conservative or liberal, being willing to sell out our nationality to line their coffers doesn't make their actions conservative in the least.

It also goes to prove that regardless what they call themselves on TV and rage at each other to keep us divided, they're as thick as thieves where collecting those dollars comes into play.

But hey, stay distracted and refuse to look at it for what it is. After all, that's exactly what they want.

John McCain-

4 years in the US House

This man will bring this country more war and death to our children. He is supported by the bush crime family. The special interest money pouring into this mans campaign is disgusting. more of the same, big business favors to return, war machine supporter.

At least ron paul tells it like it is and says the federal reserve is an illegal entity fleecing americans, And want s to abolish the illegal income tax. My canidate is a true conservitive.

This man will bring this country more war and death to our children. He is supported by the bush crime family. The special interest money pouring into this mans campaign is disgusting. more of the same, big business favors to return, war machine supporter.

At least ron paul tells it like it is and says the federal reserve is an illegal entity fleecing americans, And want s to abolish the illegal income tax. My canidate is a true conservitive.

What'll bring more death to Americans? Pulling out of the "war" and letting our enemies gather in strength to carry out more attacks on our homeland soil or leaving them over there?

Nope. Not a single thing.

But as far as I know he's not a failed businessman who's never had to earn a thing in his life, and should be far less encumbered by kick backs owed to special interests than the other two still in the hunt.

What'll bring more death to Americans? Pulling out of the "war" and letting our enemies gather in strength to carry out more attacks on our homeland soil or leaving them over there?

its sad you still believe the govt. fairytale

Leaving our soldiers their will cause more deaths. no reason to be there , no reason we should have went, our government carried out the 9/11 attacks to justify going into afganistan to run oil pipes from the caspian, and to control the poppy filds to pump money into wall st. (surley you dont think our CIA doest run drugs). No reason to be in iraq other than oil and halliburton/blackwater/ect profits.

I'd have to go with leaving them there. We know for a fact that leaving them there causes them death, because they're dying there everyday.

We don't know for a fact that anyone will ever come kill anyone in this country because we pulled out. We can of course ASSUME it, but what good does that do? Right now, with our borders and ports wide open, we're vulnerable to incoming assailants.

150,000+ troops are securing a completely different country right now, while ours is more or less a sitting duck.

leaving them over there will create much more death the intel to thwart 911 was amply but ignored
we create new terrorist everyday in response to our terrorism
why do we invade two sovereign nations for the supposed actions of 18 Arabs

New Topics

Forum List

Back