Can you name a more beloved comic actor today than Martin Short?

Can you name a more beloved comic actor today than Martin Short?

Not a stand up.

Not deceased.

Just someone who people just LIKE a lot and even feel a familiar kind of celebrity "love" about from afar.

My money is on Martin Short.

Funny AND beloved.

Comic actor?

Tom Hanks.

His roots were with comedy and he can still do comedy fantastically- but he chooses to do more drama.

Short is still alive? Must have taken early retirement. Totally disappeared, like Three Amigos killed my career and living on a mountain top in Nepal disappeared.
I hope it's okay to bump an old thread if it's a fun one. What made me search for Three Amigos? I'm watching it right now, 2024. 10 years after you posted this. Today, Marty and Steve are killing it. I can't forget their opening monologue on SNL when they hosted together. They read each others eulogies. God those two are funny together.

Chevy Chase sucks. And it's interesting he does the least amount of talking. Steve and Martin have most of the lines. God I hate Chevy both personally and professionally. Sure I loved him in Caddy Shack but that's before I knew what an asshole he was in real life. And his schtick gets fucking old. Okay I loved Vacation too. So I loved him for a minute when I was a kid. LOL

You asked if Short was still alive in 2014. He looks great 2024. How you holding up 10 years later? I hope well.

Church lasy was always a crowd favorite.

And I'll give it to him and you that Dana Carvey is noth funny and beloved.

But he's no Martin Short.

When he appears on any late nighttalk shows he is hysterically funny, without fail. The crowds go nuts over him, without fail.

He's been in some significant films and he is currently seen in the new Fox hit comedy, Mullaney.

And once again, as usual, he is hysterically funny.

Here's the pilot episode of "Mulaney."

The only thing I know Mulaney from is hosting SNL. Interesting to see he was in other stuff 10 years ago.

So, I guess Martin Short IS America's most beloved male comedic actor.

No, he is your favorite comedic actor. Which is evidenced by anytime someone expressed another opinion you swat it down.

Personally I can't stand martin short. I find him annoying.

Will ferrel, bill Murray, Michael Richards, Tom Hanks, Jim Carrey, Jack black, Steve carrell, Melissa McCarthy, there are a lot of comedic actors way more well known than Martin short. As well as more successful, and in my opinion, much much funnier.

No, he is your favorite comedic actor. Which is evidenced by anytime someone expressed another opinion you swat it down.

Personally I can't stand martin short. I find him annoying.

Will ferrel, bill Murray, Michael Richards, Tom Hanks, Jim Carrey, Jack black, Steve carrell, Melissa McCarthy, there are a lot of comedic actors way more well known than Martin short. As well as more successful, and in my opinion, much much funnier.
She wrote that in 2014.

Shannon Sharpe introduced Katt Williams as the greatest comedian of all time on his podcast. Doesn't mean it's true. But boy did Katt have a lot to say

Forum List

Back