Can you imagine...?

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
Can you imagine what a mother of 4 living in Sunny Florida back in 1897 would have given for a 110 piece set of Tupperware?
Kakrotskunangmgatagaprobinsyapaypas.gif

Can you imagine what a mother of 4 living in Sunny Florida back in 1897 would have given for a 110 piece set of Tupperware?

I imagine it would keep the bugs out of their food.

I think about stuff like that... How impressed would an average Joe, circa 1912, be with affordable refrigeration for food preservation in pretty much EVERY household, rich and poor?

Imagine the look on the faces of Lewis and Clark if you could pop back in time and space and hand them a disposable lighter to start a fire with.

Oog and Tug would call you 'God'.

Can you imagine....what future aliens are going to think when they stumble upon this little blue(or brown, it depends) marble in space, find places were the US buried it's dead and they start finding pairs of silicone pouches and plastic teeth laying in the caskets amongst the dust?

Can you imagine a world where every human being did a good deed in these areas:

1. Finding the good in a perso who seems unlovable?
2. Giving help or aid to a local animal shelter?
3. Calling or visiting a relative in a nursing home?
4. Doing a good deed in secret for a friend, a stranger, an enemy, a cranky person?
5. Returned an overdue book to a libary or donate the amount to a local library equalling your last book store or Amazon receipt?
6. Forgave a particularly nagging grudge against someone else?
7. Paid an overdue bill long forgotten?
8. Returned a harsh word with a soft one?

Can you imagine that in 2197 not a single soul of today may be alive, but life expectancy rates could rise to 500 years?

I wouldn't want to live that long. Do you reckon it will be optional?
We will see people live to the age of 120 in our lifetimes according to my health studies. We have a long way to go to have people live to Methuselah's age of over 900, but once we master being youthful, we'd want to live in good health to see what happens in 100 years, every 100 years. Right now we can't wrap our minds around a lot of possibilites.The right person just has to come along who can make it happen.

Can you imagine that in 2197 not a single soul of today may be alive, but life expectancy rates could rise to 500 years?

And Democrats will still insist it's unreasonable for people to work longer. Man, is SS gonna be bust! :lol:

I think we should all live to be 500 just to piss off the congresscritters who already have counted our estates as being in their pockets in less than 70 years. :muahaha:

New Topics

Forum List

Back