Can You Imagine If The US Shot Down An Airliner??

US Navy tigger happy weenies did shoot down an Iranian airliner by mistake.

However, the US admitted the mistake, paid restitution, punished those responsible and implemented procedures so it wouldn't happen again.

Big difference compared to how Iran handled their mistake.
The US never punished those responsible and reluctantly admitted the attack.

The Captain of the Vincennes and its crew, received medals

US Drone Strike Reportedly Kills 60 Civilians in Afghanistan

Of course the excuse will be that this was done during a war. The facts are there is absolutely NO reason for us to still be there. What we did was target someone defending their country from invaders and killed a slew of innocent people.

But it WAS done during a major war.

I addressed that. You did not. It's a totally made up useless war. You can't use this excuse when you have absolutely no justification for being there at all. It is not a war, it's an invasion that people are trying to repel, just the same as we would do.

Nope. It's a REAL war. Honest. People this wacky cannot be trusted to own nukes. All they need to do to end hostilities tomorrow is to give up their aggression and join the community of peaceful nations living in civility.

When has nukes ever been a part of the conversation where Afghanistan is concerned?

Talking about Tehran, idiot.

So obviously you didn't even bother to read what you replied to.

But it WAS done during a major war.

I addressed that. You did not. It's a totally made up useless war. You can't use this excuse when you have absolutely no justification for being there at all. It is not a war, it's an invasion that people are trying to repel, just the same as we would do.

Nope. It's a REAL war. Honest. People this wacky cannot be trusted to own nukes. All they need to do to end hostilities tomorrow is to give up their aggression and join the community of peaceful nations living in civility.

When has nukes ever been a part of the conversation where Afghanistan is concerned?

No, I just know that the topic of the OP is about the airliner shot down in Tehran, not Afghanistan.

No, I just know that the topic of the OP is about the airliner shot down in Tehran, not Afghanistan.

The topic is killing innocent people and not taking responsibility.

Keep moving those goal posts pussy...

t_179.jpg

The circumstances surrounding that Iranian airliner accident were way different from this one.
Oh really? Okay, describe them for us. You can start with our boat, in Iranian waters, shooting down a civilian plane in Iranian airspace.

And, go!
Americans did not shoot a missile at an airliner taking off from one of its own airports.
We did shoot a missile at an airliner in Iran air space with a IFF beacon

We actually claimed......I thought it was an F-14
...and the Vincennes was in Iranian territorial waters when the deed was done.

Nope. Why do you lie?

Vincennes's helicopter had followed the Revolutionary Guard gunboats into Iranian waters, and while maintaining contact with the boats, came under gunfire from the Iranians.[4]

The helicopter crew reported that they had come under fire and with that report, Rogers turned his ship around and, with the frigate Elmer Montgomery, moved to intercept the gunboats. By doing so, Vincennes crossed into Iranian waters herself.

USS Vincennes (CG-49) - Wikipedia

Geraldo embarrasses Fox & Friends host by pointing out America did actually shoot down an Iranian jetliner

Question......Can you imagine if the US military shot down a commercial airliner and killing everyone on board??

I have often said that memory is kryptonite to these so-called Trump conservatives and honestly to republicans in general....Geraldo of all people has once again slapped Fox & Friends in the face with facts..what was Steve Doocy thinking?? Oh I forgot, he is a robot......no wonder Hannity was smart enough to cancel Geraldo appearances -- it would have been embarrassing for Hannity to get owned like this on his own show during prime time...can't have that...

"While discussing the downed plane, Doocy asked Rivera, “Can you imagine if the United States of America accidentally shot down a jetliner?” Rivera, however, didn’t miss a beat and pointed out that the U.S. actually had done that in the 1980s. 'Well, you know Steve, we did in 1988,” he replied. “It was an international, uh — well not a scandal, but a big debate. Our guided-missile frigate Vincennes, in the Gulf there, shot down an Iranian passenger liner. 290 died, including over 60 children. And it was something that took us years to live down.”

As I said, memory is kryptonite to a Trumper....because indeed, we shot down an Iranian jetliner and we denied it....for years....in fact, Bush Sr said he would never apologize for it or anything else the US did...Many Iranians felt the jet was shot down in order to aid Iraq which was fighting a war with Iran at the time...it wasn't until 1996 or so that the US finally took some type of accountability and paid Iran 61 million dollars..This Iranian jet attack happened just 9 years after the citizens there overthrew the Shah -- who himself was put there after we decided to overthrow their leader..luckily no war erupted after the first jet being shot down and no war erupted after this jet being shot down....but as for the prospects of a peace deal coming immediately after this?? Doubt it..especially since we just tore up the nuke deal -- we may believe we are morally superior to everyone else on Earth but it will be naive of us to not at least understand why most Iranians have trust issues when it comes to us making deals....ask North Korea.....ask Libya.....

Well, of course they have trust issues, but not because of any avaition mishap, more so that because of the way our Commander in Chief is rather hamstrung by political whims of the time, we tend to message that we are behind a people, then leave them to fend for themselves at the change of a political wind....

Geraldo embarrasses Fox & Friends host by pointing out America did actually shoot down an Iranian jetliner

Question......Can you imagine if the US military shot down a commercial airliner and killing everyone on board??

I have often said that memory is kryptonite to these so-called Trump conservatives and honestly to republicans in general....Geraldo of all people has once again slapped Fox & Friends in the face with facts..what was Steve Doocy thinking?? Oh I forgot, he is a robot......no wonder Hannity was smart enough to cancel Geraldo appearances -- it would have been embarrassing for Hannity to get owned like this on his own show during prime time...can't have that...

"While discussing the downed plane, Doocy asked Rivera, “Can you imagine if the United States of America accidentally shot down a jetliner?” Rivera, however, didn’t miss a beat and pointed out that the U.S. actually had done that in the 1980s. 'Well, you know Steve, we did in 1988,” he replied. “It was an international, uh — well not a scandal, but a big debate. Our guided-missile frigate Vincennes, in the Gulf there, shot down an Iranian passenger liner. 290 died, including over 60 children. And it was something that took us years to live down.”

As I said, memory is kryptonite to a Trumper....because indeed, we shot down an Iranian jetliner and we denied it....for years....in fact, Bush Sr said he would never apologize for it or anything else the US did...Many Iranians felt the jet was shot down in order to aid Iraq which was fighting a war with Iran at the time...it wasn't until 1996 or so that the US finally took some type of accountability and paid Iran 61 million dollars..This Iranian jet attack happened just 9 years after the citizens there overthrew the Shah -- who himself was put there after we decided to overthrow their leader..luckily no war erupted after the first jet being shot down and no war erupted after this jet being shot down....but as for the prospects of a peace deal coming immediately after this?? Doubt it..especially since we just tore up the nuke deal -- we may believe we are morally superior to everyone else on Earth but it will be naive of us to not at least understand why most Iranians have trust issues when it comes to us making deals....ask North Korea.....ask Libya.....

Well, of course they have trust issues, but not because of any avaition mishap, more so that because of the way our Commander in Chief is rather hamstrung by political whims of the time, we tend to message that we are behind a people, then leave them to fend for themselves at the change of a political wind....

That's because we are not behind the people. We are behind their resources. We kill their people by the thousands.

Then the topic is about you because you're both killing me and this thread and obviously not taking any responsibility.

Tehran killed innocent people and never would have taken responsibility had not for our satellite intelligence busted them. Now the shit has hit the fan over there.

Another great win for that grand-chessmaster, Donald, scourge of the Pelosians.

View attachment 299958

You mean the ones that the Democrats have now buried under the game-field?

Then the topic is about you because you're both killing me and this thread and obviously not taking any responsibility.

Tehran killed innocent people and never would have taken responsibility had not for our satellite intelligence busted them. Now the shit has hit the fan over there.

Yes the people understand they were lied to and are upset and protesting and demanding change. I hope some day we follow their lead.

They have trust issues because we don't really give a fuck about the people there...we just give a fuck about what global corporations can profit there ...If Iran had no oil reserves, we wouldn't give a fuck about them.....

If Iran decided to to give foreign corporations a 85% share of their oil revenue like they gave BP -- we would be singing the praises of Iran overnight....but what country in their right mind would allow foreign corporations to take 85% of their natural resources??

So when Iran kicked BP and the other corporations out -- they became the most evil country in the world.....

Yes the people understand they were lied to and are upset and protesting and demanding change. I hope some day we follow their lead.
How can we follow what we already lead? Isn't the whole point of being over there is to get Iran to follow the lead of the rest of the world and change already? Yes.

View attachment 299958

You mean the ones that the Democrats have now buried under the game-field?
If you are going to try to refute the facts -- at least say something cohesive....

Simply saying "but but the Democrats are bad" isn't going to work here...

I have seen more cogent arguments from toddlers

How can we follow what we already lead? Isn't the whole point of being over there is to get Iran to follow the lead of the rest of the world and change already? Yes.

They are upset they were lied to. We regularly accept being lied to.

They are upset they were lied to. We regularly accept being lied to.
I don't. That's why I get my facts independently rather than partisan sources and we have a hundred watchdog organizations in this country to police our government and media. Iran has zero. EVERYTHING these people are told is a lie.

They have trust issues because we don't really give a fuck about the people there...we just give a fuck about what global corporations can profit there ...If Iran had no oil reserves, we wouldn't give a fuck about them.....

If Iran decided to to give foreign corporations a 85% share of their oil revenue like they gave BP -- we would be singing the praises of Iran overnight....but what country in their right mind would allow foreign corporations to take 85% of their natural resources??

So when Iran kicked BP and the other corporations out -- they became the most evil country in the world.....

Oh come on now....The whole "War over oil" is so 2005....We are energy independant now, so that takes the wind out of that sail....

Forum List

Back