Can you hate the religion, but love many of its followers?

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
I personally do not like any religion. I believe that its an out-dated philosophy and ridiculous concept, especially in the light of what science has proven and shown us. As for religion none of it can be proven, yet you are going to hell if you don't believe. But I digress. :offtopic:

The religion I speak of is Islam, shocker! :eusa_shifty:

I have little respect for this religion. Mohammad was a child Molester (twist it any way you want, but Aisha, at 6 yrs old, was much too young even in the 6th century) and a war-lord. Mohammad started the Islamic Crusades to rule the world. It started with the slaughter and forced conversion in Mecca. He pressed for the Islamic Crusades to carry on after his death and they sure did. Is it just a coincidence that all the place the Arab Crusades conquested (except Spain, which that oust the Muslims by the inquisition) from the Middle East, West Asia, Turkey, Persia, Mecca, PALESTINA, and North Africa are nearly entirely Islamic countries? :hellno:

Back to my point, since I view Islam as incapable of being a peaceful religion because its Prophet was anything but, I don't like or respect Islam. HOWEVER, I like a lot of its followers and consider some close friends. One of my best friends, who I have know from grammer school, is an American Iraqi Shiite Muslim. He is currently on a tour in Iraq. I love and respect him more than most people I know. One of my closest friends in Law School is Arab (Lebanese), it is fun watching him go through Ramadah (that takes dedication). My wife's good friend also married a Palestinian. We have gone out to dinner with them many of times. They also have a daughter only a few months younger than my son. And they play and love each other (on a side note it is so great when kids are little they don't see the same difference that adults do that segregate us from one another). I also have co-workers and other acquitances who are Muslim who I like and respect.
Yet in the back of my mind I hate their religion.

I personally believe its possible to hate religion, but love some of its followers? Any thoughts.

I agree with you on religion in general..

I wonder.. do you give the same critical review of the old testament?

I personally do not like any religion. I believe that its an out-dated philosophy and ridiculous concept, especially in the light of what science has proven and shown us. As for religion none of it can be proven, yet you are going to hell if you don't believe. But I digress. :offtopic:

The religion I speak of is Islam, shocker! :eusa_shifty:

I have little respect for this religion. Mohammad was a child Molester (twist it any way you want, but Aisha, at 6 yrs old, was much too young even in the 6th century) and a war-lord. Mohammad started the Islamic Crusades to rule the world. It started with the slaughter and forced conversion in Mecca. He pressed for the Islamic Crusades to carry on after his death and they sure did. Is it just a coincidence that all the place the Arab Crusades conquested (except Spain, which that oust the Muslims by the inquisition) from the Middle East, West Asia, Turkey, Persia, Mecca, PALESTINA, and North Africa are nearly entirely Islamic countries? :hellno:

Back to my point, since I view Islam as incapable of being a peaceful religion because its Prophet was anything but, I don't like or respect Islam. HOWEVER, I like a lot of its followers and consider some close friends. One of my best friends, who I have know from grammer school, is an American Iraqi Shiite Muslim. He is currently on a tour in Iraq. I love and respect him more than most people I know. One of my closest friends in Law School is Arab (Lebanese), it is fun watching him go through Ramadah (that takes dedication). My wife's good friend also married a Palestinian. We have gone out to dinner with them many of times. They also have a daughter only a few months younger than my son. And they play and love each other (on a side note it is so great when kids are little they don't see the same difference that adults do that segregate us from one another). I also have co-workers and other acquitances who are Muslim who I like and respect.
Yet in the back of my mind I hate their religion.

I personally believe its possible to hate religion, but love some of its followers? Any thoughts.

I love my religion, but do agree that someone can hate a religion and love on of its followers.

It is definitely possible to hate the religion, but love its followers. You love the people. A religion doesn't make a person. Yes, religion imapcts one's beliefs but that doesn't affect how you interact with them. Of course, it'd be different if they were pushing their beliefs upon you.

Why do you ask such a loaded question, G'93?

"Can you hate the religion, but love many of its followers?"

If you're looking for a fight, you came to the correct place for it.

I can dig that, we.

It is definitely possible to hate the religion, but love its followers. You love the people. A religion doesn't make a person. Yes, religion imapcts one's beliefs but that doesn't affect how you interact with them. Of course, it'd be different if they were pushing their beliefs upon you.

It's definitely prevalent amongst the evangelicals and the repupublicans to divide belivers and reap the spoils of their endeavors.

Can you dig that?

Forum List

Back