Can you guys clean up the politics forum.

We've been having this discussion behind the scenes for the past couple of days now and not just regarding the Politics forum, but the whole board in general. We are pretty much in agreement that we are going to start cracking down more on trolling and baiting and overly inflammatory commentary, even if it does address the topic. I think an official announcement will be forthcoming.
images

Thank you m'dears.
Maybe it's my imagination, but over the past few weeks, I've noticed an improvement. Either I've become totally numb to it or the worst offenders have toned it down. I thought you mods were already busily at work.

We've been having this discussion behind the scenes for the past couple of days now and not just regarding the Politics forum, but the whole board in general. We are pretty much in agreement that we are going to start cracking down more on trolling and baiting and overly inflammatory commentary, even if it does address the topic. I think an official announcement will be forthcoming.

You're trying to put the genie back in the bottle and will only drive people away

Over moderation absolutely kills forums

You're trying to put the genie back in the bottle and will only drive people away

We aren't planning any over moderating. Just enforcing the rules. :)

Mhm...

we-dont-need-no-stinkin-rules.jpg

Pretty much:)

Pretty much:)

You and I would get along grand, Hoss

There will be no more rules than there ever were. In other words, it is the same. Just more enforced if needed.

Yep, I left what was once a huge forum to come here when that very thing killed it. Lucky to have more than a handful of people post daily there when I left a few years back.

Yep, I left what was once a huge forum to come here when that very thing killed it. Lucky to have more than a handful of people post daily there when I left a few years back.

They killed this board years ago when they started catering to the sock accounts.

It's too late to fix it anyway. Message boards are a dying breed.

Annoyances drive people away. And I'm not talking about partisan difference kinds of annoying. Because the rules are so simple, we don't HAVE a lot of power. A lot of this depends on the membership remembering stuff like common decency and courtesy. Like knowing when to stop going off topic in Zone3. Or remembering that you and the person you've been flaming for 5 pages are not the ONLY ones in the thread.

Maybe we depend a little too much "self-regulation". or MAYBE -- I'm just talking to myself. :rolleyes:

Feel silly asking adults to remember common decency and courtesy on a Discussion Board.

I just do "Active topics" and look around? No idea about zones? I know I see a STHU button sometimes and it is more nasty in those.

Shame if a few panty-linered crybabies kill Freedom by running to MODs to become Tattletales? Dont like it? Dont read it. Adults here or 3rd graders? WTH?

I just do "Active topics" and look around? No idea about zones? I know I see a STHU button sometimes and it is more nasty in those.

Shame if a few panty-linered crybabies kill Freedom by running to MODs to become Tattletales? Dont like it? Dont read it. Adults here or 3rd graders? WTH?
What about those who want to have serious discussions being side lined by those who do nothing but denigrate and insult?

What about those who want to have serious discussions being side lined by those who do nothing but denigrate and insult?

upload_2017-10-26_23-9-56.jpeg

When doesn't that happen around here?

If it gets bad enough it generally ends up at the bottom of the forum even if that was not the OP's intent.

*****SMILE*****

:)

^^^^^ THAT....god forbid they figure out the ignore feature

Forum List

Back