Can you give one reason why you would NOT vote for a Libertarian?

Um ... no ... masterdebater ... it's honesty. If you believe any politician blindly then you are more a fool than I thought.

Heeeey...wait a minute. That...that's not how you write "master debater." It's almost as if...if...*gasp*

fry-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

Yeah...And we know that gubmint bureaucrats always tell the truth about their waste and overhead, and never ever fudge the books. :rolleyes:

Any proof those numbers are fudged? Or are you just making shit up again?

Can you give one reason why you would NOT vote for a Libertarian?

Because L is not a workable political system. L is a belief that given a set of conditions wonderful things will happen. In that sense it is like Marxism and just like Marxist ended up being an elitist oligarchy so too would L end there and stay there. Politics requires a conflict of interests that in the end support the society and not the individual - and democracy as defined in our nation contains the essential elements to even protect the minority.

And I would vote for a libertarian if I thought their values fit the job and those checks and balances were in place. After all i vote for republicans and look how silly that party has become.

The first link gives a basic why not and the second pretty much kills L.

Why I Am Not a Libertarian
Why is libertarianism wrong?

"What improves the circumstances of the greater part can never be regarded as an inconveniency to the whole. No society can surely be flourishing and happy, of which the far greater part of the members are poor and miserable." The Wealth of Nations, Book I Chapter VIII

"I. The subjects of every state ought to contribute towards the support of the government, as nearly as possible, in proportion to their respective abilities..." Adam Smith

Libertarians are too "every man for himself".

Plus, why would I vote for a Libertarian Presidential candidate when they can't even win local elections all across the country? Sure they win here and there, but they certainly need to grow from the ground up. Lets see them win 10 senate seats in 2010.

Also, Libertarians are just as corruptable as Dems and Reps. Hell, the last candidate was Bob Barr, former GOP scumbag who called for Clinton to resign when he himself had a mistress. Sound familiar? Does that mean John Ensign will be the next Libertarian candidate? Is the Libertarian party where good/bad Republicans go?

They always have big ideas, radical even but they never have solid plans to back them up.

I would consider a Libertarian, I considered Ron Paul because he is so smart but he never got the chance to get his ideas and plans out there. Not enough people took him seriously enough to listen.

You can't just stop spending or get out of Iraq right now. These things need to be thought through.

They always have big ideas, radical even but they never have solid plans to back them up.

I would consider a Libertarian, I considered Ron Paul because he is so smart but he never got the chance to get his ideas and plans out there. Not enough people took him seriously enough to listen.

You can't just stop spending or get out of Iraq right now. These things need to be thought through.

Yea, and we see Obama is doing a lot of thinking.

House approves war spending bill
The $106-billion measure provides money to escalate the war in Afghanistan. Antiwar Democrats make it a close vote.

Forum List

Back