Can you eat, drink beer and do drugs in Heaven?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, but I’m pretty sure we can golf.

I just hope there are no bad shots in heaven. It would get pretty boring only hitting good shots. Having to battle is half the fun.

Hey, maybe we are already in heaven.

Perspective like balance are one of the few things you can’t have too much of.

Food, booze, drugs, and even sex is nothing like what awaits those who get to heaven.

This coming from someone who's had the best of all of those things. Unfortunately, you have to give up those things in order to get there. That's the hardest part: 13 years ago today I would have been sharing a hundred dollar rock of crack cocaine with two women and having sex with both of them. That's the closest you can get to "heaven on earth."

What awaits us in heaven is far better than that, trust me.

I'm gonna dispute that actually. Well some of what you said, and I'm a fellow Believer. You said doing a rock of crack and having sex with two women is "the closest you can get to 'heaven on earth'." But the Bible says "Every good and perfect gift is from God above."--James 1:17. It does go on to say, "where there is no shade of turning." I take that to mean that the gifts as intended are ALL GOOD.

That includes sex--as intended, with a spouse. It includes a little wine or spirits, not a rock of crack probably. It includes ALL the good things: music, nature, love, rest, coffee, you name it--that we can thank Him for. You make it seem as though engaging in sin was "heaven on earth" and YOU HAD TO GIVE THIS UP to be a Christian. It's true that you should give up fornication and drugs to be a Christian....and you definitely should want to, as they are deeply sinful.

But those things are not really joyful anyway...they're momentarily joyful and then a quick spiral down. Whereas I have found other things are better. And I'm not just saying that because I'm judgmental and prissy of which I will be instantly accused. It's true.

ALl the old timers are waitin for me

nathans-nicker-bocker-beer-coney-island-brooklyn-ny-1950s-20.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back