Can You Believe My Old Party Has Changed This Much?

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
Here is a direct quote from the first president I ever voted for:

“Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things. … Their number is negligible and they are stupid.” ~Dwight D. Eisenhower~ (Little Did He Know He Was Describing The T Party)

I might point out that during Ike's two terms the tax structure was such that anyone earning more than $300,000 a year paid 91% of the excess to the government. That's back when the Republicans balanced their budgets....before Reagan and the Bushes.

I quit voting for the party of corporations and the rich after I voted for Reagan in 1984.

Last edited:
Hasn't changed one little bit.

There's not one single republican, not even Dr. Ron Paul, that has ever made any move to entirely eliminate any one of those foolhardy programs.

But don't let the facts get in the way of a good little dour hand-wringing.

There's not one single republican, not even Dr. Ron Paul, that has ever made any move to entirely eliminate any one of those foolhardy programs.

Do you really think any of us are so goddam dumb that we don't remember the most recent scheme to privitize social security so the rich could rip off all the funds in the stock market??

Republicans Show the Real Social Security Agenda

The Real Social Security Reform

- revealed by GOP rank and file activists -

The great thing about politics in a democracy is that, try as a politician might to obscure their political party's agenda, the rank and file almost always comes along and reveals the true face of the politician's policies.

This kind of unintentional exposure is in large part behind the pathetic failure of President George W. Bush to gather support for his schemes to deprive Americans of the Social Security benefits that they've earned through their decades of hard work.

President Bush says that he wants to reform Social Security. But, economists and policy experts point out that President Bush's plan would actually drain all the money out of the Social Security trust fund, essentially destroying Social Security. Under this reckless Republican scheme, all the money that working Americans have spent decades building up to help them make ends meet during their old age or in case of tragic accidents would be siphoned off into the accounts of Wall Street financial firms. The Bush Republican plan would make financial executives filthy rich while impoverishing working Americans - and the executives would hardly have to lift a finger to make the money. President Bush would just send it flowing their way.

I see what you did there.

You said "anyone earning more than $300,000 a year paid 91% of the excess to the government".

That's a very revealing word, "excess". It speaks much about you.

What if Rdean's Mental Illness is contagious? Doesn't it look and sound like Campppppppppppbelllllllllllllllll is presenting with the exact same Batman Villain-type Republican delusions as Deany?

Do you really think any of us are so goddam dumb that we don't remember the most recent scheme to privitize social security so the rich could rip off all the funds in the stock market??

The great thing about politics in a democracy is that, try as a politician might to obscure their political party's agenda, the rank and file almost always comes along and reveals the true face of the politician's policies.

This kind of unintentional exposure is in large part behind the pathetic failure of President George W. Bush to gather support for his schemes to deprive Americans of the Social Security benefits that they've earned through their decades of hard work.

President Bush says that he wants to reform Social Security. But, economists and policy experts point out that President Bush's plan would actually drain all the money out of the Social Security trust fund, essentially destroying Social Security. Under this reckless Republican scheme, all the money that working Americans have spent decades building up to help them make ends meet during their old age or in case of tragic accidents would be siphoned off into the accounts of Wall Street financial firms. The Bush Republican plan would make financial executives filthy rich while impoverishing working Americans - and the executives would hardly have to lift a finger to make the money. President Bush would just send it flowing their way.
That wasn't a proposal to end the program outright....The red part is nothing more than scaremonger opinion.

Now go yell at the neighborhood kids to get off our lawn. :lol:

“Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things. … Their number is negligible and they are stupid.” ~Dwight D. Eisenhower~ (Little Did He Know He Was Describing The T Party)

I might point out that during Ike's two terms the tax structure was such that anyone earning more than $300,000 a year paid 91% of the excess to the government. That's back when the Republicans balanced their budgets....before Reagan and the Bushes.

I quit voting for the party of corporations and the rich after I voted for Reagan in 1984.

You quit voting for the party of the rich? Do you live under a rock? :lol: It wasn't poor people attending Obama's $35,000 per plate fundraiser just so you know.

You quit voting for the party of the rich? Do you live under a rock? :lol: It wasn't poor people attending Obama's $35,000 per plate fundraiser just so you know.
he is one of those who think Rich Democrats are different than Rich Republicans.....

That wasn't a proposal to end the program outright....The red part is nothing more than scaremonger opinion.

Now go yell at the neighborhood kids to get off our lawn. :lol:

It was what it was....a goddamned proposal to let young people put their money in the stock market instead of social security and thereby jack up the holdings of the market in general. Somebody who had $75,000 in the market might not notice much of a difference but those with millions in there would make out like bandits. I presume you do understand that when people buy more stocks the market value goes up.

Forum List

Back