Can you be religious and pro science and technology?

While I realize that some people find their personal obsessions with telling anyone and everyone about their disbelief in the Bible and Christianity utterly fascinating, I do hope everyone will forgive me for being so gauche as to return to the topic of this thread, since I really don't give a rat's furry ass what anyone's opinion is of whether or not I should hold religious beliefs.

The answer to the topic question continues to be, "Yes, you can be religious and pro-technology, pro-science, etc. at the same time." In fact, it seems to me that it's harder to be irreligious and pro-science, given how often those people seem to disregard and be ignorant of any scientific fact that contradicts their worldview.
The answer to the topic question continues to be, "Yes, you can be religious and pro-technology, pro-science, etc. at the same time."

not if the religion is a disguised political agenda that falsely diverts truth and facts for the purpose to insure an objective sustainable only through uninterrupted ignorance - as; 4th century christianity.

While I realize that some people find their personal obsessions with telling anyone and everyone about their disbelief in the Bible and Christianity utterly fascinating, I do hope everyone will forgive me for being so gauche as to return to the topic of this thread, since I really don't give a rat's furry ass what anyone's opinion is of whether or not I should hold religious beliefs.

The answer to the topic question continues to be, "Yes, you can be religious and pro-technology, pro-science, etc. at the same time." In fact, it seems to me that it's harder to be irreligious and pro-science, given how often those people seem to disregard and be ignorant of any scientific fact that contradicts their worldview.
The answer to the topic question continues to be, "Yes, you can be religious and pro-technology, pro-science, etc. at the same time."

not if the religion is a disguised political agenda that falsely diverts truth and facts for the purpose to insure an objective sustainable only through uninterrupted ignorance - as; 4th century christianity.

So basically, I can't believe in science if YOU don't approve of what I believe religiously? You know they have therapy now for that megalomania of yours, right?

So basically, I can't believe in science if YOU don't approve of what I believe religiously? You know they have therapy now for that megalomania of yours, right?

ok, science 101 -

science replicates facts and figures, the belief is what they represent there is no qualificating authority to reassure you, sorry.

the problem you will have making things up is telling people they haft to accept your findings because the voice you hear assured you they were authentic ... and that your ignorance is shared by your audience.

New Topics

Forum List

Back