Can You Be Both An American and A Progressive?

Another load of diaper sludge and hate.

Progressive agenda being exposed is not hate. It's education.

Lying about what your fellow Americans believe is not going to make the failed ideas you hold any more unfailed. You hate half of your countrymen for the sake of a failed party.

How very sad you are.

I hate no one, not even you. And I never lie.

But I feel sadness when I see, what, three or four posts from you, none of which address any factual errors in the OP... or even offer a counter opinion.

I note your spelling has improved: now how about your posts.

Take a shot!

While they might be considered Americans, I don't think that they're what the founding fathers were hoping for when they conceived the idea for this nation. It seems to me that progressives often consider themselves to be world citizens that happen to have the misfortune to be born in the horrible USA.

Kinda like the current inhabitant of the WHite House.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Can You Be Both An American and A Progressive?
As far as the general question posed, I'd say yes. Progressives measures were passed almost 100 years ago and the Constitution as well as the country as a whole is still here and pretty much intact despite bumps in the road, some major and some minor.

As far as specifics go, one point really caught my eye:

Modern journalism is based on Progressives’ ideas: use the media to ‘teach’ people. Alter journalism from reporting facts to editorializing in the news, as the elites always know better.
I guess maybe a certain "Fair and Balanced" cable network has adopted progressive ideas, too, then.

Fox is the most trusted television news network in the country, according to a new poll out Tuesday.
A Public Policy Polling nationwide survey of 1,151 registered voters Jan. 18-19 found that 49 percent of Americans trusted Fox News, 10 percentage points more than any other network.
Thirty-seven percent said they didn’t trust Fox, also the lowest level of distrust that any of the networks recorded.

Read more: Poll: Fox most trusted name in news - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

Lots of families trusted the priest with their children and didn't trust the atheist down the street.

What's your point?

Can you be both a Progressive and an American?

Question: Can you be a totally imoral unethical braindead asshole righty and still be "American?"

Why not? YOU ARE, LOL!!!!!

Hey we on the progressive side make room for and take care of the needy like you!

What a vapid and empty post.

Is this what passes for intellectual discourse in your circles?

In mine, we kick around ideas, actually read and research, and grow with new thinking.

We don't rail against anyone with a differing thought, even if it punctures what we have always believed, as I have done to your here.

You might like to try that some time, a new adventure.

Remember, these progressives look up to the likes of Castro, Guevara and Chavez.

"The black is indolent and a dreamer; spending his meager wage on frivolity or drink; the European has a tradition of work and saving, which has pursued him as far as this corner of America and drives him to advance himself, even independently of his own individual aspirations."

Che Guevara.. the Proggressive Hero.

To expand on the OP, the term 'American' is here used to define those who believe:
1. are born with inalienable rights, given by their Creator...not by any government or law.
This is at variance to the European view, expressed by Progressives.

I would have sworn there was something about religion and the government... what was it....

Nice try, hack.

Teddy Roosevelt and FDR were both Progressives in many ways. Were they Americans? Shit, even the Faux Hero of Conservative principles, Ronald Reagan himself, praised both those Progressives as Great Americans.

go figure
:eusa_whistle:

I remember when there was briefly talk about replacing FDR's image with that of "Ronaldus Magnus" on the dime and even Nancy Reagan herself opposed it.

☭proletarian☭;1964371 said:
What a load of diaper sludge.

I hope you didnt spend to much time on this hate rant.

Interesting approach to intellectual discourse.
It takes an intelligent OP to have an intelligent thread.

And we have a winner in the category of 'uninentional humor'!

Aren't you the boob who said the following just last week?

"January 24, 2010 “Nobody was ever starved or slaughtered in a Communist State under communist ideology.”

Game time!

Let’s call this game “Pin the tail on the jackass.”

See if you can guess which USMB member made the following statement:

“Nobody was ever starved or slaughtered in a Communist State under communist ideology.”

Oh, it was you, wasn't it?

Thanks for the comic relief. You can go now.

Teddy Roosevelt and FDR were both Progressives in many ways. Were they Americans? Shit, even the Faux Hero of Conservative principles, Ronald Reagan himself, praised both those Progressives as Great Americans.

go figure
:eusa_whistle:

I remember when there was briefly talk about replacing FDR's image with that of "Ronaldus Magnus" on the dime and even Nancy Reagan herself opposed it.

The Ronald Reagan Legacy Project... just may be the most revisionist thing to come around since the days of Camelot. :lol:

the Big Government Basher gets his Big Government recognition.... :lol:
"The Reagan Legacy Project was formed in 1997 as a project of Americans for Tax Reform, a national taxpayer advocacy organization, itself started in 1986 to promote President Reagan's historic Tax Reform Act of that year.

"The mission of the Ronald Reagan Legacy Project is to honor the legacy of our 40th president, Ronald Reagan. The Reagan Legacy Project aims to fulfill its mission by naming significant public landmarks after President Reagan in the 50 states and over 3,000 counties of the United States, as well as in formerly communist countries across the world.

"On February 6, 1998, the Reagan Legacy Project succeeded in its first mission: to rename Washington's National Airport to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. This event was particularly significant as it occurred on Ronald Reagan's 87th birthday.

"Several months later, the Reagan Legacy Project was instrumental in enacting legislation in Florida to rename the state's turnpike to the Ronald Reagan Turnpike.

"Since those early successes, the Ronald Reagan Legacy Project has been involved in a number of naming projects across the country and overseas.

"The Ronald Reagan Legacy Project works with elected officials, including members of Congress, governors, mayors, state legislators and city council members, as well as the general public, in an effort to identify and further the naming of more landmarks in honor of President Reagan."

☭proletarian☭;1964371 said:
Interesting approach to intellectual discourse.
It takes an intelligent OP to have an intelligent thread.

And we have a winner in the category of 'uninentional humor'!

Aren't you the boob who said the following just last week?

"January 24, 2010 “Nobody was ever starved or slaughtered in a Communist State under communist ideology.”

Game time!

Let’s call this game “Pin the tail on the jackass.”

See if you can guess which USMB member made the following statement:

“Nobody was ever starved or slaughtered in a Communist State under communist ideology.”

Oh, it was you, wasn't it?

Thanks for the comic relief. You can go now.

That poster has made it quite clear that he has little regard for America and even less regard for it's citizens.

TO try to debate him (her) is futile.

New Topics

Forum List

Back