Can you be a truly good Christian, yet be against universal healthcare?

Consider these statistics for a moment

In the United States alone
Over 40 million uninsured, many children, elderly, working poor families
Lucky enough to have a private insurance? You may be denied care, medical claims, etc …
Over million families / individuals file medical bankcrupty every year in the USA. In many other westerns world countries this is unheard of.

US system is most expensive in the world, yet in quality and access it rates poorly, around 30th – 40th compared to other healthcare systems in the world.

… and so on …

So, how does a compassionate Christian defend his/her position in support of private healthcare that leaves so many behind, especially children? Or, if you do believe in private system, do you believe you are a compassionate, good Christian?

Also, is there such a thing that a priest, nun, a monk (the most pious persons) supporting a US-type of healthcare system as lined above, leaving behind scores of persons without healthcare?

Would Jesus approve of private healthcare system considering what is in reality?

Really? Can YOU, yes YOU 777...can you be a good Christian and not send every dollar you have to the suffering in Darfur? Sudan? Ethiopia? Uganda?

Don't worry you little head about your neighbors money until you send every penny of YOURS.....then you can come an preach...

Lucky enough to have a private insurance? You may be denied care, medical claims, etc …
Over million families / individuals file medical bankcrupty every year in the USA. In many other westerns world countries this is unheard of.

US system is most expensive in the world, yet in quality and access it rates poorly, around 30th – 40th compared to other healthcare systems in the world.

… and so on …

So, how does a compassionate Christian defend his/her position in support of private healthcare that leaves so many behind, especially children? Or, if you do believe in private system, do you believe you are a compassionate, good Christian?

Also, is there such a thing that a priest, nun, a monk (the most pious persons) supporting a US-type of healthcare system as lined above, leaving behind scores of persons without healthcare?

Would Jesus approve of private healthcare system considering what is in reality?
Can't wait for the link, which you failed to provide.

Nah... Jesus never said "give unto Caesar... "... nope. And, of course, he'd have said everyone should fend for themselves.

I can just see him standing on the Temple Mount saying how he believes in darwinian social policy. :eusa_dance:

I can't believe you failed to ask the twit for a link on those claims. I understand agreeing with the premise, but without zip to back it up, you castigate other?

i think cuba ranks higher than us in healthcare if memory serves so your example doesn't prove a point in your favor....

jesus said to the rich man wanting to know what he could do to be saved and was told by Christ to give up all his money...

and that the love of money, IS the root of all evil....

he also said to ''give unto caesar what is his'' ....as jillian mentioned

and he sent the apostles out with only the sandals on their feet....

and he flipped the tables of the money changing profiteers in the temple square....

pardon my frankness but i don't think Jesus gave two hoots about YOU Holding on to your precious money because it is yours and you earned it kind of mentality....in fact, i think he condemned it, many times over masterchief???

the Levite and the priest passed the injured man on the side of the road, but the good samaritan man....who was considered from a lower in class and stature tribe, is the one who stopped and helped the left for dead, robbed man....

care

So, go to Cuba. Would you recommend Teddy go there? I know I was like his family for my folks; Cuba, Canada, France did not come to mind. The best hospitals in Chicago area did. Same when my 24 year old nephew had brain tumor, thankfully benign.

So, go to Cuba. Would you recommend Teddy go there? I know I was like his family for my folks; Cuba, Canada, France did not come to mind. The best hospitals in Chicago area did. Same when my 24 year old nephew had brain tumor, thankfully benign.

My country does not revolve around me alone or ted kennedy alone kathianne...!!! ;)

i have had good fortune, been blessed imo and have a pretty good health care plan, (so i thought....long story), and ted kennedy does too....though it is getting pretty expensive for us to even pay our share of it, while the company pays the rest...

we really do need some major reform in the entire health industry to reign this runaway train in!!! and as i mentioned, along with others...there are many cost cutting measures that can be made.

i never said our doctors and hospitals are untalented or give poor quality care to those that get care from them?

care

… and so on …

Wonder if Jesus would support a system, in which people have to wait in long lines to even be seen by a doctor? Wonder if Jesus would support making other's quality of healthcare worse while providing for a few people? Wonder if Jesus would support taking other people's money(stealing tax payer's money) to give to a select few?

Wonder if Jesus would support a system, in which people have to wait in long lines to even be seen by a doctor? Wonder if Jesus would support making other's quality of healthcare worse while providing for a few people? Wonder if Jesus would support taking other people's money(stealing tax payer's money) to give to a select few?
your last comment is silly...you have a representative of which you voted for or the majority in your region voted for that represents you in congress and spends your tax money....that IS HIS JOB...and it is utterly silly to say that they are stealing money from you to pay for someone elses healthcare when IA can easily say you are stealing from me to pay for a bail out fro bears and sterns and stealing money from me to pay for a war that was a war of choice and not a war of imminent danger or to make halliburton's rich or the oild companies rich with using my tax monies for subsidies for them or a number of things that I don't happen to agree with...

like I said, just plain childish and silly to play that game of "stealing" when it isn't stealing, not even close....it is YOUR representative, spending your tax money, as you voted him in to do....if you don't like the way he spends your taxes then fire him and campaign and elect someone else that more represents you.

care

your last comment is silly...you have a representative of which you voted for or the majority in your region voted for that represents you in congress and spends your tax money....that IS HIS JOB...and it is utterly silly to say that they are stealing money from you to pay for someone elses healthcare when IA can easily say you are stealing from me to pay for a bail out fro bears and sterns and stealing money from me to pay for a war that was a war of choice and not a war of imminent danger or to make halliburton's rich or the oild companies rich with using my tax monies for subsidies for them or a number of things that I don't happen to agree with...

like I said, just plain childish and silly to play that game of "stealing" when it isn't stealing, not even close....it is YOUR representative, spending your tax money, as you voted him in to do....if you don't like the way he spends your taxes then fire him and campaign and elect someone else that more represents you.

care

No actually it's called income redistribution which is stealing....

It's odd that you did not deny the theft.

What has someone in the Republican party ever made the claim? Probably, but that doesn't make it stealing. If so then Obama, could be said to have stolen half of his speeches.

What has someone in the Republican party ever made the claim? Probably, but that doesn't make it stealing. If so then Obama, could be said to have stolen half of his speeches.

Could you rewrite that in standard English?

No, seriously. You wrote, "What has someone in the Republican party ever made the claim?"

I have no fucking idea what you're trying to say, Lenny.

(PS: don't turn your back on George.)

It was in response to your post....

It's odd that you did not deny the theft.---->dumbass

What has someone in the Republican party ever made the claim?--->Me

Don't understand....?:eusa_doh:

It was in response to your post....

It's odd that you did not deny the theft.---->dumbass

What has someone in the Republican party ever made the claim?--->Me

Don't understand....?:eusa_doh:

I asked for a rewrite into Standard English. I'm not going to guess what you mean if you lack the ability to write it.

I asked for a rewrite into Standard English. I'm not going to guess what you mean if you lack the ability to write it.

I'm not going to give in to your silliness, I have expressed it quite clearly. Either you understand it based on our previous posts or you can claim ignorance, that's fine.

What I've noticed is that when she doesn't make herself clear or her answer is shown to be wrong that she goes through this song and dance where she claims she's answered and by three or four posts after, when I still haven't gotten anything approximating an answer to the question, I get bored and move on.

What I've noticed is that when she doesn't make herself clear or her answer is shown to be wrong that she goes through this song and dance where she claims she's answered and by three or four posts after, when I still haven't gotten anything approximating an answer to the question, I get bored and move on.

I've noticed that crap from her before, and I was suspecting a pattern, though I did not know it was deliberate. Thanks for confirming it.

She claims to be a law student. Do you believe her?

Forum List

Back