Can you be a Christian and vote for Obama?

Can you be a Christian and vote for Obama?

• Yes

Votes: 40 75.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters
Easy answer... What Would Jesus Do? Hard to believe he would vote for a guy who believes in abortion...

Jesus was against abortion? Really? How do you know this? Does Jesus talk to you? Do you know that if you think jesus is talking to you that you need professional psyic help? Audio or visual halucinations are serious symptoms of mental illness.

Why or why not?

If you truly are a Christian then you follow God's Word in the bible. The bible states that killing is wrong. Abortion is killing so it is wrong, therefore you are going against the Word of God and are supporting Obama (I know there was not a true Christian choice in the election).
It doesn't however make you not a Christian if you voted for him, it just makes you a Christian ignorant of all of God's Word and your religion's teachings.

Yes, a christian can vote for Obama.

Why is it that christian think we aren't supposed to judge? Jesus told us specifically in John chap 7 v. 24 that we are to judge righteously, not according to the appearance of a matter.

What appearance of the matter is mortal sin and perversion? Obama and Democrats are turning the US into Sodom.

Reread the story of the splinter and the beam.

Why or why not?

If you truly are a Christian then you follow God's Word in the bible. The bible states that killing is wrong. Abortion is killing so it is wrong, therefore you are going against the Word of God and are supporting Obama (I know there was not a true Christian choice in the election).
It doesn't however make you not a Christian if you voted for him, it just makes you a Christian ignorant of all of God's Word and your religion's teachings.

I have to disagree with you here!!! I really don't even know why abortion is an issue on the Presidential platform..... Presidents have NO bearing on the decision for the reversal of Roe V. Wade which was decided in 1973 by the SUPREME COURT!!! The supreme court currently has 7 of the 9 justices being appointed by Republican Presidents!!! If the decision hasn't been overturned by now---its not going to be!!!!

Thank you for calling me ignorant of all of God's word, though!!! Abortion isn't the only issue facing our President!! The Bible teaches that those who have much should give much...though many of your Republican brethren are vying for a fair tax!!!---Do we want to call them ignorant of all of God's word also???

Oh yea, if you take the translation of the Bible completely literally..... "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God" (Mark 10:25). How many of our current politicians do you think Jesus would approve of??? Politics should be kept separate from the church because of this!!!--- Our forefathers wanted a separation of church and state for a reason....Everyone seems to have forgotten this!!!

Why or why not?

I have to disagree with you here!!! I really don't even know why abortion is an issue on the Presidential platform..... Presidents have NO bearing on the decision for the reversal of Roe V. Wade which was decided in 1973 by the SUPREME COURT!!! The supreme court currently has 7 of the 9 justices being appointed by Republican Presidents!!! If the decision hasn't been overturned by now---its not going to be!!!!

Thank you for calling me ignorant of all of God's word, though!!! Abortion isn't the only issue facing our President!! The Bible teaches that those who have much should give much...though many of your Republican brethren are vying for a fair tax!!!---Do we want to call them ignorant of all of God's word also???

Oh yea, if you take the translation of the Bible completely literally..... "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God" (Mark 10:25). How many of our current politicians do you think Jesus would approve of??? Politics should be kept separate from the church because of this!!!--- Our forefathers wanted a separation of church and state for a reason....Everyone seems to have forgotten this!!!

Calm down. This is not a D or R discussion as their are bad politicians on each side. I, at times can be ignorant of God's Word but it is all spelled out in the book. Jesus would not be proud of most politicians and for that matter, people. People can choose to cherry pick passages or paraphrase to suit their own standards, it does not change God's meaning. The bible is an incredibly deep study that I am just beginning to get into and will never finish the study in my life time. The OP asked the question and following Scripture, I could not, as a Christian, vote for Obama simply because of his policy on abortion.

There were many more issues that we were at odds with. By him voting yes when it comes to not saving the life of a baby that was born of a failed abortion makes him unworthy of my vote. When the sanctity of innocent human life comes down to a politician's vote, we have our priorities wrong.

As far as those who have much, giving much, you do realize that almost 50% of the population do not pay taxes. The top 1% pay about 30% (I really should look up the figures but you get the point). How much more would you have them give while a great percentage gives none. Definitely don't take my word for it, look up the numbers on the IRS site. It is easy to use class warfare/wealth envy to get the people on your side...especially with the economic times we have but it does not make it right.
I also realize their are some on both sides (wealthy and poor) that work the system but for the most part, the burden seems slanted to the wealthy.

Forum List

Back