Can you be a Christian and vote for Obama?

Can you be a Christian and vote for Obama?

• Yes

Votes: 40 75.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters
Yes because I'm not arrogant enough to tell other people what they are allowed to call themselves or not. If you call yourself a Christian, I'll accept you as a Christian. Especially considering there are 30348373+1 different Christian denominations.

There are so many variations of Christianity. They can't all be correct.

do you accept that Jesus died for your sins?

have you asked him to be your savior?

have you asked for God's forgiveness and acceptance into His Kingdom to live for enternity after your death?

if so, you're a Christian, regardless of what demoniation you practice.

and the answer to the question is yes. I'm a Christian and I already voted for Obama.

You can be a Christian and vote for Hitler as was proven in the 1930s.

Hell, shove enough propaganda down our throats and Christians would vote for Lucifer himself.

Because all human's sin and have faults. Dems might have faults, but being evil is not one of them.

God may give you a point for being pro life, but he takes points away for being evil greedy war mongers.

So God might take a point away because I'm pro choice, but at least he isn't taking points from me for being an evil lying hypocrite prick.

Easy answer... What Would Jesus Do? Hard to believe he would vote for a guy who believes in abortion...

do you accept that Jesus died for your sins?

have you asked him to be your savior?

have you asked for God's forgiveness and acceptance into His Kingdom to live for enternity after your death?

if so, you're a Christian, regardless of what demoniation you practice.

and the answer to the question is yes. I'm a Christian and I already voted for Obama.

Good points. However, I've had people tell me that if you believe homosexuality is NOT a sin, you're not a Christian. My wife and I used to go to a predominately gay church and they obviously had a problem with that interpretation. I guess that's why there have been so many wars started in the name of Christianity.

Easy answer... What Would Jesus Do? Hard to believe he would vote for a guy who believes in abortion...

Or a party that says a woman is responsible to bare her rapists child.

Or a guy who defends not covering a person who has a pre existing healthcare condition.

Or approve war for oil.

People sin. Republicans sin more imo.

As we approach general elections on November 4, a wide range of thoughts and opinions are filling our mass media regarding the election process. We write to reiterate important information and to clarify one important issue for you.......

Many of the faithful in our dioceses are expressing a sense of being overwhelmed with the many issues that are being discussed and debated and seek further clarity from us. This leads to the second point of this letter. The Catholic Church proclaims a consistent ethic of life that covers a wide range of issues: human life, the family, global solidarity, social justice, environmental stewardship, etc. While all these issue are important, the intentional destruction of innocent human life is an intrinsic evil that can never be supported, and the protection of human life from conception to natural death is preeminent among our moral values. In the hierarchy of truths, this truth is never morally equivalent to all the other issues embraced under a consistent ethic of life.
Home

Its pretty clear what the Catholic Church thinks about the two presidential candidates.

Good points. However, I've had people tell me that if you believe homosexuality is NOT a sin, you're not a Christian. My wife and I used to go to a predominately gay church and they obviously had a problem with that interpretation. I guess that's why there have been so many wars started in the name of Christianity.

well IMO and the way I practice MY faith is that I don't judge others, that is God's work.

I think too many Christians USE their religion to persecute and condemn others all while committing sins themselves. They use the bible as a weapon instead of a tool for bringing peace to their own lives.

I don't attend church regularly because I find that so many churches twist the word of God to their own meaning to illicit the behavior THEY think God would approve of.

If you are right with God and you are confident in His judgement then nothing man says about how you live your life should matter.

I do love when people think they have some insight into what they think Jesus would be for or against. I wouldn't want to be standing next to those people on judgement day when they have to answer for how they've used God as a weapon to get what they want out of life.

Why is that? Have you not read the OT? Did your god not, in FACT, kill an entire generation of first born Egyptians just to make a point to the pharaoh?

well IMO and the way I practice MY faith is that I don't judge others, that is God's work.

I think too many Christians USE their religion to persecute and condemn others all while committing sins themselves. They use the bible as a weapon instead of a tool for bringing peace to their own lives.

I don't attend church regularly because I find that so many churches twist the word of God to their own meaning to illicit the behavior THEY think God would approve of.

If you are right with God and you are confident in His judgement then nothing man says about how you live your life should matter.

My wife was raised Assembly of God and her church used their religion to persecute and condemn. She doesn't go to that church anymore. We do attend church regularly, but we don't always agree with the church's teachings. I guess it's a lot like this message board.

I don't know about that, but I do know Obama's views on abortion are extreme. I seriously doubt Jesus would agree that a baby who survived an abortion should die.

God has the moral authority to destroy anything that He has made. Man does not.

God is in all of us. God is everywhere. So if I made a baby, I/God has the moral authority to destroy it.

Anyways, just like I am allowed to choose not to be a christian, I have the rigth to kill a fetus. It is great that you will never abort. God will be pleased. You can sleep easy.

God has the moral authority to destroy anything that He has made. Man does not.

HA! yea.. I mean, NOTHING SAYS "god doesn't like the killing of babies" quite like, uh, an example of god killing babies!

:lol:

Face it, nutter... If your god had a problem with dead kids you wouldn't have to rationalize such from your own bible. This "christians can't vote democrat" bullshit is laughable this side of the iraq war as well. You think no babies died by your decision to vote republican in 04?

:lol:

Why is that? Have you not read the OT? Did your god not, in FACT, kill an entire generation of first born Egyptians just to make a point to the pharaoh?

Your God? Here we go, God-less person telling us what's in the bible... :eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back