Can women rock too?

He made a blanket statement bout an entire genre, and an entire gender. He didn't bother verifying the claim, either. No, it's not harsh.

Besides, I didn't say he was one, I said he looks like one, and making statements like that does make him look like one. Overall, no direct insults, and no incorrect statements.

Well, that is his opinion on that matter. I don't really consider that big of a deal. We mostly just joke around about stuff like that.

He doesn't look brain dead at all. He is very handsome actually. :D
It's not really an opinion if it can be objectively fact or fallacy. There are factually female rockers, making him factually wrong.

Handsome or ugly has little to do with a person's intellect.

Well, intellect and being brain dead are two different things! A brain dead person has no intellect. Someone who drools or cannot control his bowels is probably not very attractive. :eek:
Obviously someone who is brain-dead would be of very low intellect. I don't think that part should confuse you too awful much.

Usually in a hospital, with people taking care of them. Doubt it would affect their appearance much.

Where did you lose your sense of humor? :D

Yes, it does affect their appearance. Example, Terri Schiavo.

image683430x.jpg

schiavo.jpg

People taking care of them are not beautifying them. They are being washed and dressed and groomed as much as is necessary.
Just because I'm deadpanning one topic, doesn't mean I lost my sense of humor.

Okay, you were right about that part.

I have a friend (a guy friend - of COURSE) who says that women can't rock. Whenever I bring up women rock bands, he says that no guys really like them and that they are "chick rock." So what do you think about it?

Unfortunately there are NOT a whole lot of women rock bands out there for me to make a valid argument. I bring up bands like Heart and I bring up lady rockers like Joan Jett, but he just laughs and says that they don't rock.

I'm looking for a good argument I can use against him. :D

Rock & Roll, especially Hard Rock, is a hormonal thing. Its sexual. Not that women are not sexual, just that the male (by Vedic parlance) is ELECTRIC in nature while the female sexuality is magnetic. You need the electric nature of sexuality to truly vibrate intense Rock sexuality. So I would agree with your friend, no female rock band ever made me want to go see them. It's more than just singing and playing instruments and saying "me too." That's not to say there have not been a few exceptional female rock stars.

I have a friend (a guy friend - of COURSE) who says that women can't rock. Whenever I bring up women rock bands, he says that no guys really like them and that they are "chick rock." So what do you think about it?

Unfortunately there are NOT a whole lot of women rock bands out there for me to make a valid argument. I bring up bands like Heart and I bring up lady rockers like Joan Jett, but he just laughs and says that they don't rock.

That's not a girl band though! Sounds pretty fucking poppy, too.

I suggest you study this and get back with me on what rocks:

Angus Young is the opposite of Alex Lifeson. That fucker was the weak link in that band. With Angus, (and B.B. King) every note counts.

If you're not saying something concise, you're just babbling.

Many musicians make that mistake.

It doesn't have to be a girl band. I never said that. I said women who rock, so it can be a member of a band, a vocalist, whatever.

Your opinions on Alex Lifeson are just that, your opinions. Please don't try to make it seem as if your opinions are THE opinions in MY thread. :D

Well, I will reiterate that Alex Lifeson sucks, but you want women that rock, so there's Allison Robertson, that girl rocks!

Chuck Berry and Angus Young an alllll that!

Angus Young is the opposite of Alex Lifeson. That fucker was the weak link in that band. With Angus, (and B.B. King) every note counts.

It doesn't have to be a girl band. I never said that. I said women who rock, so it can be a member of a band, a vocalist, whatever.

Your opinions on Alex Lifeson are just that, your opinions. Please don't try to make it seem as if your opinions are THE opinions in MY thread. :D

Well, I will reiterate that Alex Lifeson sucks, but you want women that rock, so there's Allison Robertson, that girl rocks!

He doesn't suck though. :uhh:

I went through the first ten pages. Why is this lady missing? One of the biggest voices out there.

There hasn't been a voice like that since Edie Gorme, another underrated artist

Last edited:

I never knew you were a Canuck, I ain't mad, though.

The quality of this recording sucks, but the quality of performance does not.

I know it's "The Chelsea Girls"

I'm not, but that has nothing to do with whether or not Alex Lifeson is a good guitarist.

I know it's "The Chelsea Girls"

I'm not, but that has nothing to do with whether or not Alex Lifeson is a good guitarist.

He never was, he's a babbler.

Sure he is.

Sure he is.

No, I am not clicking that. I've heard enough, thx.

He couldn't drive a lick home if his life depended on it.

This is phrasing done right, whatever it is that Lifeson does,well, idk..Orianthi and Allison Robertson get it.

Forum List

Back