Can wifi make you sick?

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
"Within a few months of Wi-Fi being installed, stories start coming forward with kids complaining about headaches, neurological effects, loss of balance and problems with fine motor skills," said NDP health critic France Gelinas.

"There is enough anecdotal evidence from parents that this is worth looking into."

"If they're going to continue to endanger the health of children, I can predict that many of the parents who are now writing us saying their kids have been fine all summer are going to have a change of heart about the third week of September when their kids are coming home from school with these problems, particularly the ones that are passing out and falling down, hitting their head on the gym floor," he said.

While parents worry about younger children, concerns about the health effects of wireless technology prompted Lakehead University to virtually ban Wi-Fi from its campuses in Thunder Bay, Ont., and Orillia, Ont.

"There will be no Wi-Fi connectivity provided in those areas of the university already served by hard wire connectivity until such time as the potential health effects have been scientifically rebutted or there are adequate protective measures that can be taken," says Lakehead's policy on Wi-Fi and cellular antennas.
Read more: CBC News - Health - Ont. parents suspect Wi-Fi making kids sick

"Within a few months of Wi-Fi being installed, stories start coming forward with kids complaining about headaches, neurological effects, loss of balance and problems with fine motor skills," said NDP health critic France Gelinas.

"There is enough anecdotal evidence from parents that this is worth looking into."

"If they're going to continue to endanger the health of children, I can predict that many of the parents who are now writing us saying their kids have been fine all summer are going to have a change of heart about the third week of September when their kids are coming home from school with these problems, particularly the ones that are passing out and falling down, hitting their head on the gym floor," he said.

While parents worry about younger children, concerns about the health effects of wireless technology prompted Lakehead University to virtually ban Wi-Fi from its campuses in Thunder Bay, Ont., and Orillia, Ont.

"There will be no Wi-Fi connectivity provided in those areas of the university already served by hard wire connectivity until such time as the potential health effects have been scientifically rebutted or there are adequate protective measures that can be taken," says Lakehead's policy on Wi-Fi and cellular antennas.
Read more: CBC News - Health - Ont. parents suspect Wi-Fi making kids sick

This should make the tort lawyers very happy. No more ambulance chasing, now just find the hot spots in their neighborhood and wait for their clients to get "sick".

Sorry, chanel, but this sounds like a bullshit claim. If wifi makes kids sick, why don't radio waves?

Another entrant in the Bullshit Claims That Sounded Kinda Scientific, like "cancer clusters on Long Island" and "power lines are killing my cattle".

And my personal favorite:

"Second hand smoke kills."

I agree Madeline, but I thought it was interesting. My first thought was "mold". A lot of students and teachers in our district get pretty sick the first few weeks of school. They turn off the AC in the summer and the humidity festers.

But if it is true, we have a lot of problems. Everywhere has WIFI these days.

I bet $100 you're right about mold, chanel. Mebbe you should ask the Union to demand air quality tests...that shit can be serious.

Radioman, you can be aggravating but you are not toxic, he he he.

Within a few months of Wi-Fi being installed, stories start coming forward with kids complaining about headaches, neurological effects, loss of balance and problems with fine motor skills...passing out and falling down, hitting their head on the gym floor...

Is is wrong for me to laugh while picturing this?

Forum List

Back