CAN we tax members of congress at 90%?

Taxing Congress. Now that is good idea. I would start out with 50% and raise it by 5% each time anyone of them vote for increasing taxes. Simialrly they can reduce their burden every time they vote for a substantial spending reduction.

ote=FactFinder;1151089]Taxing Congress. Now that is good idea. I would start out with 50% and raise it by 5% each time anyone of them vote for increasing taxes. Simialrly they can reduce their burden every time they vote for a substantial spending reduction.[/quote]

How about confiscating theiir pay-checks every time they screw something up that "we" have to pay for. Maybe this will actually deter them from signing bills that they have not read? & examined.

Out here in the private sector--we wouldn't have our jobs, we would have been fired long ago. Yet, they get away with it, & in fact remain in the same position along with a raise.

It's unbelievable!

Last edited:
afterall, they have given us an 11 trillion and growing deficit. all their money should be taxed to help pay down the deficit.

Don't for get the presidents' contributions to the deficits -- 3 of our last 4 with tax cuts and military buildups are most responsible for the Govt being $11 trillion in debt.

I would love to throw all their behinds out of office, & see them standing in the un-employment lines. They created this mess with their "everyone" deserves homeowner ship policy--& signed our names to those mortgages guaranteeing that they would be paid back. Not only that--where in the hell was the SEC when Madoff was ripping everyone off, along with all the crooks on Wall Street. It's unbelieveable exactly how incompetent our federal government really is. Think when was the last time they actually did something RIGHT? They use our tax dollars to clean up pig stink in Iowa, like they have got an infinite well of our money.

Oh no its all Bushes fault, or maybe Clintons fault, or maybe Bush SR
fault or maybe Regan's fault, or maybe Carters fault (this one could be for real) or maybe Fords fault,or maybe Nixons fault,Johnson,Jfk,IKe,Truman,Fdr yea yea it was FDR...

Congress was acting like angels didn't ya know Especialy that panty man Frank.

afterall, they have given us an 11 trillion and growing deficit. all their money should be taxed to help pay down the deficit.

Don't for get the presidents' contributions to the deficits -- 3 of our last 4 with tax cuts and military buildups are most responsible for the Govt being $11 trillion in debt.
you excuse the people that have the actual control of the money, CONGRESS

You ever hear of a veto?

You going to tell us about how the Democratic tax cuts in spurred the economy in the 80s and the Democtratic military buildup defeated the USSR?

You ever hear of a veto?

You going to tell us about how the Democratic tax cuts in spurred the economy in the 80s and the Democtratic military buildup defeated the USSR?
yes, i have heard of a veto, moron, have you ever heard of a veto overide
:rolleyes:

and as for the 80's, Reagan had a way of getting things passed by the democrats in congress
some he got, some he didnt
you seem totally ignorant of the facts

You ever hear of a veto?

and as for the 80's, Reagan had a way of getting things passed by the democrats in congress

"Reagan had a way of getting things passed ..."

Thanks for proving my point, and sharing with us your interesting view of history.

Last edited:
You ever hear of a veto?

Thanks for proving my point, and sharing with us your interesting view of history.
its the truth
he took it to the people and they got congress to do it
you deny that?

its the truth
you deny that?

Not at all. That's my point.

With his popular influence as well as veto power he was able to get the Congress to pass budgets that included things important to him -- tax cuts and military build-ups.

So, again, thanks for proving my point that the president has a great deal of influence in the budgets congress passes; so if we want to lay blame for $11 trillion in debt, we should include the presidents whose policies gave us those deficits along with Congress.

its the truth
you deny that?

With his popular influence as well as veto power he was able to get the Congress to pass budgets that included things important to him -- tax cuts and military build-ups.

So, again, thanks for proving my point that the president has a great deal of influence in the budgets congress passes; so if we want to lay blame for $11 trillion in debt, we should include the presidents whose policies gave us those deficits along with Congress.
which was MY point that even though he has influence, CONGRESS still has to pass it
and both the POTUS AND CONGRESS have a hand in nthe debt
where have i ever said different?

its the truth
you deny that?

which was MY point that even though he has influence, CONGRESS still has to pass it
and both the POTUS AND CONGRESS have a hand in nthe debt
where have i ever said different?

I never claimed you did. The OP said tax Congress. I said you should include the presidents too. To which you jumped in to argue, and after several posts we've established you agree with my position.

Thanks.

Forum List

Back