CAN we tax members of congress at 90%?

sarahgop

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2009
afterall, they have given us an 11 trillion and growing deficit. all their money should be taxed to help pay down the deficit.

Agreed, i said in another thread they're 10 times more incompetent than anyone at AIG ......

very true, congress is spending us into third world status.

true, we must admit its hilarious to see congress with all that phony outrage over AIG when congress cant even control itself.

Hey--I am all for that. They just gave themselves another raise--it's also included in the 787 BILLION dollar stimulus package--that none of them bothered to read before signing.. Of course, also included was the AIG rentention bonuse's--that they all have been "faking" anger over. Obama called today for Wall Street executives to step back to see--how we all live. Well, how about our smooth talking--never gotten their hands dirty--never had to balance a checkbook--elected officials in government. I'll trade shoes with them for a couple of months so they can get a taste of the "real world".

How about paying the American taxpayer back for their failure to respond to "years" of warning after warning regarding Freddie/Fannie--the GROUND ZERO for this economic collapse. Come to think of it--our politicians should be working for FREE right now.

Maybe someone will start giving bus tours of their homes. You know that may be a very good private business opportunity. Wouldn't that be great!

Last edited:
Hey--I am all for that. They just gave themselves another raise--it's also included in the 787 BILLION dollar stimulus package--that none of them bothered to read before signing.. Of course, also included was the AIG rentention bonuse's--that they all have been "faking" anger over. Obama called today for Wall Street executives to step back to see--how we all live. Well, how about our smooth talking--never gotten their hands dirty--never had to balance a checkbook--elected officials in government. I'll trade shoes with them for a couple of months so they can get a taste of the "real world".

How about paying the American taxpayer back for their failure to respond to "years" of warning after warning regarding Freddie/Fannie--the GROUND ZERO for this economic collapse. Come to think of it--our politicians should be working for FREE right now.

Maybe someone will start giving bus tours of their homes. You know that may be a very good private business opportunity. Wouldn't that be great!

now that is a good idea.

Agree, everyone who makes over 250k should be taxed 90%.

"On moral grounds, then, we could argue for a flat income tax of 90 percent to return that wealth to its real owners. In the United States, even a flat tax of 70 percent would support all governmental programs (about half the total tax) and allow payment, with the remainder, of a patrimony of about $8,000 per annum per inhabitant, or $25,000 for a family of three. This would generously leave with the original recipients of the income about three times what, according to my rough guess, they had earned."

UBI and the Flat Tax

"On moral grounds, then, we could argue for a flat income tax of 90 percent to return that wealth to its real owners. In the United States, even a flat tax of 70 percent would support all governmental programs (about half the total tax) and allow payment, with the remainder, of a patrimony of about $8,000 per annum per inhabitant, or $25,000 for a family of three. This would generously leave with the original recipients of the income about three times what, according to my rough guess, they had earned."

UBI and the Flat Tax

Wealth doesn't belong to the powerful and the connected in government... it belongs to those that create it. You seem hellbent on regression to an economic system where a monarch King pillaged his people for money and spent it as he wished.

UBI and the Flat Tax
yeah, nice way to make people not want to make that much

i find it difficult to believe anyone would be willing to work hard if they were only going to get 10% of it to keep

UBI and the Flat Tax

Are the real owners the people that actually earned the money or the people that wait by the mailbox a certain day every month ? .....:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back