Can we speculate on LV shooter's motive?

K9Buck

Platinum Member
Dec 25, 2009
Let me preface by saying I didn't see a thread addressing this specific discussion.

What might his motive have been?

If his motive was religious, then I would speculate that he became Muslim. No other faith in modern times engages in mass carnage in the name of their religion.

If his motive was political, I would speculate that he has aligned himself with antifa based on the fact that he targeted a huge, country music concert.

He could have been disgruntled with Las Vegas and used this as a way to punish the city.

Or, he could have been jilted by a lover and used this as a way to lash out.

Or he could have just been nuts, like the kid at Sandy Hook or like John Hinckley, who tried to kill Reagan to demonstrate his love for Jodie Foster.

I'm going with the wife/GF left him (she'd got on a plane to leave the country days before hand)

That or he gambled and lost everything... Or both...

Seeing how there was more than one, I'd have to say they have some unknown motive but that most likely it was either terrorists or sickos wanting more control over people.

• Banned
I'm going with the wife/GF left him (she'd got on a plane to leave the country days before hand)

That or he gambled and lost everything... Or both...

If I had to guess, I'd go the disgruntled lover route too.

• Banned
Seeing how there was more than one, I'd have to say they have some unknown motive but that most likely it was either terrorists or sickos wanting more control over people.

If that turns out to be the case then it would be, presumably, religious or political.

He wanted to be famous.
I'm 64 years old, retired and I admit there are lot of people that I don't like for various reasons but I have never thought of just going out and randomly killing a lot of people. I can't understand it. I think there was more than one person, especially since in one video you hear two rifles firing that make different sounds.

Motive.......................

Unlike most mass murderers, the perp was not a young man. In fact, he was a near senior citizen.

Unlike most, he was not a failure in life, in fact, was a multi-millionaire, successful by anyone's standards.

Unlike most, he did not have a record of brushes with the law.

At present, no known religious affiliation, radical or otherwise.

In fact, he does not fit the profile of mass murderers or that of a terrorist. Just about as far from the standard profiles as one can get. So what is going on here?

Unlike most mass murderers, the perp was not a young man. In fact, he was a near senior citizen.

Unlike most, he was not a failure in life, in fact, was a multi-millionaire, successful by anyone's standards.

In fact, he does not fit the profile of mass murderers or that of a terrorist. Just about as far from the standard profiles as one can get. So what is going on here?
Read my link in GD. Mission impossible - LV shooter

He wanted to be famous.
I'm 64 years old, retired and I admit there are lot of people that I don't like for various reasons but I have never thought of just going out and randomly killing a lot of people. I can't understand it. I think there was more than one person, especially since in one video you hear two rifles firing that make different sounds.
I think you are hearing an echo, but we shall see what the truth is when the police and FBI make their final report.

That's why I think he just wanted to be famous/infamous. Just about everything else has been ruled out.

He wanted to be famous.
I think you are hearing an echo, but we shall see what the truth is when the police and FBI make their final report.
Maybe, but I don't know if they will ever get to the truth in this one.

I'm going with the bitter old man theory who failed in love for the last time and snapped.

Forum List

Back