Can we please speak the same language

Flopper

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2010
Washington
My understanding is the purpose of social media, blogs, bulletin board, etc is to communicate with other people. Why then do so many people use obscure acronyms that readers will have to research to understand the message. I suggest we stick with a real language and skip the alphabet soup.

I was her fath intl tbh. We were otp. Got it?

My understanding is the purpose of social media, blogs, bulletin board, etc is to communicate with other people. Why then do so many people use obscure acronyms that readers will have to research to understand the message. I suggest we stick with a real language and skip the alphabet soup.

I second this. If the acronyms have to be out there at all, do they have to be so constant? Never.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I second this. If the acronyms have to be out there at all, do they have to be so constant? Never.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
My boss years ago would review my reports and send them back to me with a note to define all acronyms. I thought this was stupid. Today I understand. When people read communications they don't understand, they do not spend time trying to decipher the communication. They ignore it. So if you want to be understood, you have to communicate with people so they can easily understand you, otherwise they ignore you.

tl;dr

OMG!

tl; dr

God bless you always!!!

Holly
GBYA too, Holly!

God bless you always!!!

Holly
GBYA too, Holly!
Thank you! :) :) :)

Right back at you!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Forum List

Back