Can we keep this up. Libs say yes.

yota5

VIP Member
Feb 28, 2011
Mashpee, MA
At the moment our national debt comes in at over 14.275 trillion dollars. the debt owed by every tax payer is $128,429.00. The budget deficit for just this year sits at 1.3 trillion dollars and rising. The CBO states that we'll add another 9 trillion dollars to our budget deficit over the next 9 years. How many of you think that we can do what the left wants and maintain out of control spending at its current levels? The enclosed link is to the U.S. National Debt Clock: real time. U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

At the moment our national debt comes in at over 14.275 trillion dollars. the debt owed by every tax payer is $128,429.00. The budget deficit for just this year sits at 1.3 trillion dollars and rising. The CBO states that we'll add another 9 trillion dollars to our budget deficit over the next 9 years. How many of you think that we can do what the left wants and maintain out of control spending at its current levels? The enclosed link is to the U.S. National Debt Clock: real time. U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

i think obama had 2 years with a democratic congress

during which the only thing he got done was the healthcare plan

prior to that we had bush for 8 years and a republican congress since 1994

so i can readily understand why you would blame liberals for the mess we are in;

1. you are a conservative and you refuse to take responsibility for your own actions

2. you are a conservative so you MUST blame Liberals for the mess republicans and conservatives helped create

3. you are a conservative so you are very fkn stupid

4. you are a conservative so you are easily led by the lies of right wing spinmeisters

Your sweeping generalizations reflect a simple frustrated mind. No one is going to "foreclose" on the USA. Get a grip. You personally don't owe $128,429.00 in debt to the buyers of the bonds that generate the money you are referring to.

If you had the sense of a cockroach you would know that if there EVER was a time to borrow our way out of this crisis it is now. Take a look at interest rates. Stop peeing down your leg.

Last edited:
Well ya got yer answer didn't ya.. The liberals see NO fucking problemo....Next?

Your sweeping generalizations reflect a simple frustrated mind. No one is going to "foreclose" on the USA. Get a grip. You personally don't owe $128,429.00 in debt to the buyers of the bonds that generate the money you are referring to.

If you had the sense of a cockroach you would know that if there EVER was a time to borrow our way out of debt it is now. Take a look at interest rates. Stop peeing down your leg.

That only works if you use the funds to pay existing high interest debt Huggy, not expand existing programs and increased expenditures.

Here's an idea. How about the conservatives stop blaming the liberals, and the liberals stop blaming the conservatives. How about we just stop fucking whining and recognize that we're destroying the country and fix it. How fucking hard is that? We can argue over who did what later... after we've stopped screwing our grandchildren.

Is that too hard?

Here's an idea. How about the conservatives stop blaming the liberals, and the liberals stop blaming the conservatives. How about we just stop fucking whining and recognize that we're destroying the country and fix it. How fucking hard is that? We can argue over who did what later... after we've stopped screwing our grandchildren.

Is that too hard?

The country was brought to it's financial knees by irresponsible tax and regulatory policy by the previous two administrations. The only responsible and moral way to right the ship is to first recognize who and what were the true causes of this on going crisis and act to recover as much as possible from the beneficiaries of the colossal theft and fraud, do everything possible to help the middle class recover some of the strength they once enjoyed by providing incentives TO THE MIDDLE CLASS such as government sponsored training and retraining in American industry and manufacturing in products and services that have a sustainable future and therefore build our GDP so there is a predictable tax base that is not founded on speculation and manipulation as it is today.

If it takes borrowing at these record level low interest rates to do so...so be it. Gutting the services we provide from those that are in no position to alternatives is immoral.

I don't see this happening as long as the thieves control most of the message. Honestly I don't give a rats ass if it gets better or worse. At a certain point of desperation the people will decide in the streets as they are doing in North Africa. Assholes like Gudaffi didn't see this coming any more than our own government does. Either we will pull out of this by any means the government can muster or someday people like Rupert Murdoch will have their throats slit in their homes or have their private jets shot out of the sky with Stingers.. I can go either way.

Is that too hard?

The country was brought to it's financial knees by irresponsible tax and regulatory policy by the previous two administrations. The only responsible and moral way to right the ship is to first recognize who and what were the true causes of this on going crisis and act to recover as much as possible from the beneficiaries of the colossal theft and fraud, do everything possible to help the middle class recover some of the strength they once enjoyed by providing incentives TO THE MIDDLE CLASS such as government sponsored training and retraining in American industry and manufacturing in products and services that have a sustainable future and therefore build our GDP so there is a predictable tax base that is not founded on speculation and manipulation as it is today.

If it takes borrowing at these record level low interest rates to do so...so be it. Gutting the services we provide from those that are in no position to alternatives is immoral.

I don't see this happening as long as the thieves control most of the message. Honestly I don't give a rats ass if it gets better or worse. At a certain point of desperation the people will decide in the streets as they are doing in North Africa. Assholes like Gudaffi didn't see this coming any more than our own government does. Either we will pull out of this by any means the government can muster or someday people like Rupert Murdoch will have their throats slit in their homes or have their private jets shot out of the sky with Stingers.. I can go either way.

So, yea.... it is apparently beyond the intellectual paygrade of many Americans to recognize really basic facts like both Republicans and Democrats are in this up to their eyeballs. Blaming 'an administration' while ignore the fact that congress was held by the other party might suit your political ideology... but ignoring inconvenient truths do not make those truths go away.

Fact: We are destroying our nation with debt.

Personally, rather than whine about who did what to get us into this mess, I'm grown up enough to prefer to focus on fixing it. You're too fucking stupid to get past the bullshit.

If you had the sense of a cockroach you would know that if there EVER was a time to borrow our way out of debt it is now. Take a look at interest rates. Stop peeing down your leg.

That only works if you use the funds to pay existing high interest debt Huggy, not expand existing programs and increased expenditures.

It's simple economics. During times of recession and depression, the government should be spending money to help with the employment situation and kick start the economy. During times of growth the government should cut spending and raise taxes to make up for what was spent. It's almost like plumbing..sheesh.:lol:

Is that too hard?

So, yea.... it is apparently beyond the intellectual paygrade of many Americans to recognize really basic facts like both Republicans and Democrats are in this up to their eyeballs. Blaming 'an administration' while ignore the fact that congress was held by the other party might suit your political ideology... but ignoring inconvenient truths do not make those truths go away.

Personally, rather than whine about who did what to get us into this mess, I'm grown up enough to prefer to focus on fixing it. You're too fucking stupid to get past the bullshit.

Jane..You ignorant SLUT!!!! You are too fucking stupid to understand that the only way to "fix" something is to understand what broke it. Debt did not break the country. Debt in fact kept this ship from sinking completely. Irresponsible regulatory and tax policy did. I only used the term "administration" because they had more input in who was placed in positions to regulate. Of course the House and Senate of both "eras" were complicit. As far as who is smart and who is stupid ..I will concede that you think you are smarter. :lol:

Is that too hard?

Uhm...homey didn't mention or even suggest debt in his post.

The fact that you keep harping on about it shows us that you haven't a clue as to what's going on.

And that's a fact.

Talk about ideology....:rolleyes:

Fact is neither side wants to do anything about it

Serious debt means you have to do two things

1. Cut spending
2 Increase the tax rate

More money in, less money out

ALL spending must be up for cuts......military, social programs, foreign aid
Taxes must go up to ensure a surplus

Ain't going to happen. Americans do not want to sacrifice. They want others to sacrifice

If you had the sense of a cockroach you would know that if there EVER was a time to borrow our way out of this crisis it is now. Take a look at interest rates. Stop peeing down your leg.

Wrong, the US government will have to come up with the money to pay this debt back, and the only way the US government can get money is taxes. So in fact the number is much higher than 128 thousand, Because it will be paid on the backs of Federal Tax payers. Which is not all the people in the us, but only half of all the people who actually have incomes.

1. Cut spending
2 Increase the tax rate

Ain't going to happen. Americans do not want to sacrifice. They want others to sacrifice

Yet another liberal who thinks the only way to increase revenues is to increase taxes. The truth is the best way to increase revenue is to broaden the tax base you are taxing.

1. Cut spending
2 Increase the tax rate

Yet another liberal who thinks the only way to increase revenues is to increase taxes. The truth is the best way to increase revenue is to broaden the tax base you are taxing.

Want to explain that Trickle Down stuff again? Who is in that broadened tax base? Corporations that pay zero taxes or poor people?

You complain about debt and we have borrowed $3 trillion to pay for the Bush/Obama tax cuts

It's simple economics. During times of recession and depression, the government should be spending money to help with the employment situation and kick start the economy. During times of growth the government should cut spending and raise taxes to make up for what was spent. It's almost like plumbing..sheesh.:lol:

thats stupid economics keynes was a moron. hazlitt was right

Wrong, the US government will have to come up with the money to pay this debt back, and the only way the US government can get money is taxes. So in fact the number is much higher than 128 thousand, Because it will be paid on the backs of Federal Tax payers. Which is not all the people in the us, but only half of all the people who actually have incomes.

Wrong? I agree with everything you just said. I would characterize it a little more realistically in that those that BENEFITED from the economy over the last several years SHOULD pony up. It is not just their backs they have to be concerned about. If we drive the less fortunate or maybe in YOUR definition..the less worthy into an extreme and desperate place even those that thought they are smart and have it better because of their ability to keep their heads above water will find that the very fabric of their lives will become shit. No one is going to starve to death just because you do not care. I for one would welcome the outcome those that squeeze the desperately poor are seeking. Yes you too have to put your shoes on one at a time. There will come a point where survival will overcome your immoral wishes and you will pay whether you chose to or not. It is not just my opinion. I have been to third world countries where "nice" people like you get murdered for the gold in your teeth..or that nice watch you are sporting. Kidnappings will become common place and there will be no gated community that will be safe for you and your family. You want to live in a world like that? You think it is just some fantasy? THAT my friend is reality in many parts of the world and there will never be enough police in the world to protect you if it comes to that. Just keep ignoring reality and watch as gas stations are robbed just for gas..and you dumb fuckers that are prepared to pay 5-10 dollars a gallon to fill the tanks of your SUV's will be ripe pickings for the 2-300 dollars you WERE going to pay BP at the pump. Go for it motherfucker. I can't wait for the entertainment.

California Girl, you and I are on the same page. This is a bipartisan mess that will take a strong bipartisan effort to correct. It has to be corrected for our government to remain solvent.

Huggy, you are a fool. Since you are a fool it would be better to keep your mouth shut. It is when you speak that you remove all doubt about your severely compromised intellectual capacity.

California Girl, you and I are on the same page. This is a bipartisan mess that will take a strong bipartisan effort to correct. It has to be corrected for our government to remain solvent.

Huggy, you are a fool. Since you are a fool it would be better to keep your mouth shut. It is when you speak that you remove all doubt about your severely compromised intellectual capacity.

Ya...I am a fool....a fool to expect snakes to be anything but snakes. You are on the wrong tack as far as keeping my mouth shut. USMB promotes free speech and noobs such as yourself aren't going to change that. Allow me to help you adjust to the reality of posting here. If you do not like my offerings you are free to put me on ignore.

Forum List

Back