Can We Just Turn The Lights Out? It's Over.

That is what Joe Scarborough just said on air after reading romney's quotes urging the president to adopt an individual mandate:

from that bastion of liberal thought, the National Review:

[romney said]We established incentives for those who were uninsured to buy insurance. Using tax penalties, as we did, or tax credits, as others have proposed, encourages ‘free riders’ to take responsibility for themselves, rather than pass their medical costs on others.”

Romney Urged Obama to Adopt the Individual Health-Care Mandate - By Andrew C. McCarthy - The Corner - National Review Online

This... on top of George Will lambasting his party for being afraid of Rush Limbaugh, saying "using the salad fork for your entrée." is inappropriate... and condemning rush for his comments of last week about sandra fluke.

i'm not the one saying these things. and you guys just keep making it easier and easier.

Romney was talking about his STATE, numbnuts.

Okay, you're just a stupid person.

I understand, Corky. You just don't process that most people are smart enough to realize that gasoline prices aren't something the president can really control.

If Obama was to come out and say that military action in Syria and Iran is completely off the table, prices would come down. How far down is anyone's guess, but removing speculation about more war in the middle east would reduce the price of oil.

Given the statements by the GOP's present set of candidates, I think that barring catastrophe, President Obama will be re-elected. Now the job is to keep the Senate, and take over the Congress.

In all the district contests, and in every state with a Senate contest, the GOP candidate should be asked about his support of the Bluont amendment, and whether they support letting the Catholic Church determine health care policy in this nation. Make each candidate affirm or repudiate his or her support of the many radical stands the GOP has taken lately, and publish their answers. In that manner, they will either offend the radicals in their base, or virtually all the women in their district or state.

I understand, Corky. You just don't process that most people are smart enough to realize that gasoline prices aren't something the president can really control.

If Obama was to come out and say that military action in Syria and Iran is completely off the table, prices would come down. How far down is anyone's guess, but removing speculation about more war in the middle east would reduce the price of oil.

No president ever says, "Military options are off the table".

And the prices are going up because of economic sanctions on Iran, not military ones.

If we didn't keep the threat, Israel would just say fuck it and try to bomb Iran on her own. That would really jack up the prices.

Paulites. They're a special kind of retard.

Given the statements by the GOP's present set of candidates, I think that barring catastrophe, President Obama will be re-elected. Now the job is to keep the Senate, and take over the Congress.

In all the district contests, and in every state with a Senate contest, the GOP candidate should be asked about his support of the Bluont amendment, and whether they support letting the Catholic Church determine health care policy in this nation. Make each candidate affirm or repudiate his or her support of the many radical stands the GOP has taken lately, and publish their answers. In that manner, they will either offend the radicals in their base, or virtually all the women in their district or state.

I agree with the president's postion, but do you really want to be seen as making war on the Catholic Church?

Incidently,I think the GOP will take the Senate and keep the house. But Obama will think he has a "mandate" anyway. They always do for some reason.

But but but I thought all the Liberals kept saying Romney was the one Obama was afraid of?

Why are you changing your tune now? Because you've got tons of what you think is ammunition for the Governor?

Because you counted on him being the candidate?

Talk about flip flopping positions. Yeah right. Romney is the candidate you wanted all along.

:lol:

$5 gas coming this summer.

President Obama is toast.

poor child. i know you're dumb as toast. but do you not understand that the National Review and George Will and Joe Scarborogh and Town Hall are all CONSERVATIVE?

are you so stupid that you aren't aware that the public mandate was a CONSERVATIVE heritage foundation concept?

i appreciate that you can't keep up. so maybe you should simply stay quiet or find someplace to post that might be more amenable to someone like you who doesn't have two synapses to rub together?

I also noticed you don't know how to spell President Obama's name.

I fixed that for you.

you're welcome. now you look a teeny bit less stupid.

Last edited:

Well the left and the liberal media found fit to blame Bush.

From Newsbusters:

The Business & Media Institute examined all the broadcast network news reports mentioning gas prices during each of those time periods and found ABC, CBS and NBC aired more than 2 ½ times more stories (63 stories to 24) in 2008 than they did in 2011.

But it was more than just the amount of coverage that showed the media's willingness to spin gas prices one way under Bush, and another way under Obama.

In 2008, network reporters mentioned "Bush," the "president" or "government" in gas price reports 15 times more often than in 2011 under President Obama (15 stories to 1). A number of stories portrayed Bush as out-of-the-loop when he was asked about the possibility of $4-a-gallon gas and hadn't yet heard that prediction.

In contrast to the 15 reports referencing the Bush administration when gas prices were "through the roof," the only 2011 story to mention the president was NBC "Nightly News" on Feb. 24. Tom Costello's report on the impact of surging gas prices quoted President Obama who was "optimistic."

Read more: Networks Link Bush to 'Skyrocketing' Gas Prices 15 Times More Than Obama | NewsBusters.org

poor child. i know you're dumb as toast. but do you not understand that the National Review and George Will and Joe Scarborogh and Town Hall are all CONSERVATIVE?

are you so stupid that you aren't aware that the public mandate was a CONSERVATIVE heritage foundation concept?

i appreciate that you can't keep up. so maybe you should simply stay quiet or find someplace to post that might be more amenable to someone like you who doesn't have two synapses to rub together?

I fixed that for you.

They are Republican and not Conservative.

Last edited:
making this about gas prices that don't exist yet because you got nothing else?

:cool:

please keep it up.

latest opinion polls have the president's approval rating at 50%

have romney ahead of the field nationally by 12%

have the president beating romney by as much as 17% in VIRGINIA (I think that one's a little optimistic, but nonetheless, it's still double digits).

keep it up!

I fixed that for you.

They are Republican and not Conservative.

No. They're Republican Conservatives, but not wackjobs.

AnyBodyButObamaAnyBody!

The cost of my healthcare is waaaay up
my gas is up

my energy is up

my groceries are up

my prescription costs are up

my country is down..

I'm worse off than I was before.

I fixed that for you.

lol

You know it's funny, heading into the 2008 election given the weak state of the economy and the mess we had overseas I figured that whoever got elected was not going to be able turn things around enough and/or fast enough to avoid being a one termer. Then the economy crashed and that feeling only grew stronger.

Four years later I'm looking at a GOP field that is getting their asses handed to them by the president and he hasn't even started campaigning yet.

That is what Joe Scarborough just said on air after reading romney's quotes urging the president to adopt an individual mandate:

[romney said]We established incentives for those who were uninsured to buy insurance. Using tax penalties, as we did, or tax credits, as others have proposed, encourages ‘free riders’ to take responsibility for themselves, rather than pass their medical costs on others.”

Romney Urged Obama to Adopt the Individual Health-Care Mandate - By Andrew C. McCarthy - The Corner - National Review Online

This... on top of George Will lambasting his party for being afraid of Rush Limbaugh, saying "using the salad fork for your entrée." is inappropriate... and condemning rush for his comments of last week about sandra fluke.

i'm not the one saying these things. and you guys just keep making it easier and easier.

Get a clue, mo chara. Dig out Romney's actual words and, yet again, you will find that your media 'sources' misinformed you.

Let 'em get over confident... :wink_2:

I fixed that for you.

lol

You know it's funny, heading into the 2008 election given the weak state of the economy and the mess we had overseas I figured that whoever got elected was not going to be able turn things around enough and/or fast enough to avoid being a one termer. Then the economy crashed and that feeling only grew stronger.

Four years later I'm looking at a GOP field that is getting their asses handed to them by the president and he hasn't even started campaigning yet.

We know, we know, you liberals all want the American people to be fucked over for four more years. You don't have to tell us that.

Romney was talking about his STATE, numbnuts.

Ah so when Romney said "Washington should pay attention" he meant Washington, Massachusettes? Right.

That's a mighty small town..but okay.. :lol:

Get a clue, mo chara. Dig out Romney's actual words and, yet again, you will find that your media 'sources' misinformed you.

so you think the national review is lying?

cool, chica... go get his actual words.

and you might try buying that clue for yourself. :thup:

I fixed that for you.

lol

a lot of people were saying they almost hoped that a democrat didn't win because there was no way they could undo the damage that was done in four years.

the smart republicans are slowly dying inside because they're watching their party get hijacked by nutters....

i feel bad for them, actually. i like the smart conservatives.

Sigh. The list of commentators who have no idea how the electoral college works continues to grow.

Forum List

Back