Can We Just Turn The Lights Out? It's Over.

Except, Romney didn't say that.

Here's a hint. When a writer has to chop up a quote into about 5 pieces and place his intrepretations in as he goes along, he is probably putting words in somebody's mouth.

Romney was discussing the need to provide incentive to get people to buy their own insurance, and pointed out that Mass. used tax penalty, but he also mentioned tax credits as others have used.

This will be a moot issue anyways, as soon as those conservative Supremes piss all over Obamacare in a couple of months.

Swing and miss.

Refute what point? You're trying to make this very fine distinctions then conflate them into something that's germane. It's not. The indivdual mandate component of ObamaCare and RomneyCare are virtually identical. And now it's come up that Romney's argument that he opposed a federal mandate as opposed to a state mandate is falling apart. Since at one point..he did. I don't even understand that argument to be quite frank. Conservatives are holding that on a state level it's constitutional but on a federal level it's not.

Since when? And under what clause?

Here's a hint. When a writer has to chop up a quote into about 5 pieces and place his intrepretations in as he goes along, he is probably putting words in somebody's mouth.

Romney was discussing the need to provide incentive to get people to buy their own insurance, and pointed out that Mass. used tax penalty, but he also mentioned tax credits as others have used.

This will be a moot issue anyways, as soon as those conservative Supremes piss all over Obamacare in a couple of months.

Swing and miss.

Refute what point? You're trying to make this very fine distinctions then conflate them into something that's germane. It's not. The indivdual mandate component of ObamaCare and RomneyCare are virtually identical. And now it's come up that Romney's argument that he opposed a federal mandate as opposed to a state mandate is falling apart. Since at one point..he did. I don't even understand that argument to be quite frank. Conservatives are holding that on a state level it's constitutional but on a federal level it's not.

Don't be a horse's ass. Either Romney said what it was claimed he said, or he didn't.

People like Mitch McConnell tried to fight their tactics for awhile but even Conservatives like him have rolled over. Look at your candidates, nobody respects them.

he doesn't care about respect. he cares about "annoying liberals"... which makes him irrational.

mcconnell didn't do a very good job fighting them when he adoped rushbo's "ihopehefails' mantra and made defeating the president his "top priority"

This was back before the big beatdown began. You remember when he could not stand Rand Paul?

Ol' Joe S is given to bombast from time to time. It's not over.

That said, I've never seen a political party shoot itself in the foot like the GOP this go-round. Romney is a LOUSY candidate, everyone knows it (whether the sheep admit it or not), and Obama & the Dems know quite well how lucky they are. The GOP has to hope for a flat or downward-moving economy at election time, and that's a crappy position to be in.

The Tea Party giveth; the Tea Party taketh away.

what point? you made an unsupported assertion with no evidence.

Not bright, but not unexpected. I gave you the evidence of the 'quotation' being chopped into several pieces to fit the dialogue of the editor.

The "dialog" of the editor of The National Review?

Is Andrew McCarthy part of the "LMSM" now?

Not very bright, but not unexpected. McCarthy obviously has it in for Romney, and decided to manufacture the story as I detailed. Unlike Leftist sheep, conservatives can actually openly disagree and debate issues.

That said, I've never seen a political party shoot itself in the foot like the GOP this go-round. Romney is a LOUSY candidate, everyone knows it (whether the sheep admit it or not), and Obama & the Dems know quite well how lucky they are. The GOP has to hope for a flat or downward-moving economy at election time, and that's a crappy position to be in.

Polling above Obama in some polls, and that does not account for the FACT that the undecided break WILDLY to the challenger when the incumbent has under 50% approval.

And we shall see how $5 gallon gas affects his approval rating this summer.

Romney is an excellent candidate in the general, which is why you Lefties are pissing all over yourselves about him.

LOL

$5 gas coming this summer.

Oblunder is toast.

If that's the best you got, no he isn't.

Oh shit, no. There are dozens of reasons. LOL

I can't wait until the Superpacs tear into him.

“Somehow, we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe.” - Obama Energy Secretary, Steven Chu

Ooookay, you keep going with that.

Fact is , Obama is leading all the Republicans by healthy margins.

If hate alone got you to the finish line, we'd be at the end of President Kerry's second term right now.

You have to vote FOR someone, not AGAINST someone.

You offer all sorts of reasons to vote "against" Obama. Some are valid complaints, other are just whining.

You haven't given me ONE good reason to vote for Romney.

I have have one good reason to vote against Romney. He's a Mormon.

If that's the best you got, no he isn't.

Oh shit, no. There are dozens of reasons. LOL

I can't wait until the Superpacs tear into him.

“Somehow, we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe.” - Obama Energy Secretary, Steven Chu

Ooookay, you keep going with that.

You have to vote FOR someone, not AGAINST someone.

Who told you that?

LOL

Make Obummer pay.

Not bright, but not unexpected. I gave you the evidence of the 'quotation' being chopped into several pieces to fit the dialogue of the editor.

Not very bright, but not unexpected. McCarthy obviously has it in for Romney, and decided to manufacture the story as I detailed. Unlike Leftist sheep, conservatives can actually openly disagree and debate issues.

You actually didn't "detail" anything. You "vagued" things.

If you're making the argument that Romney's words were taken out of context, you'd normally want to post the actual context of the Op-Ed - which you haven't done - to make your point.

But nevermind that. I understand that you're claiming those particular quotes were taken out of context, but that doesn't change the fact that he wrote the article - an article specifically recommending an individual mandate as part of the healthcare plan.

Are you denying that that was the intent of the Op-Ed?

Another dumbass Lib. Andrew either chopped the hell out of Romney's statements, freely interspersing his own spin as he went along, or he didn't.

Another dumbass Lib. Andrew either chopped the hell out of Romney's statements, freely interspersing his own spin as he went along, or he didn't.

Whether or not Andrew McCarthy "chopped the hell out of Romney's statements" (which you haven't provided evidence of) doesn't change the purpose of the article - an Op-Ed Romney wrote to convince Obama to include an individual mandate in the healthcare bill (something that Obama was strongly against at the time).

I'll repeat - are you denying that that was the intent of Romney's Op-Ed?

If those quotes are taken out of context, what was the context of them? What was the intent of the Op-Ed, if not to suggest a national individual healthcare mandate?

Romney is an excellent candidate in the general,

Why sure he is. And you are a ledgend in your own mind. And tax cuts for the ultra wealth creates jobs, and all kid are born into caring loving homes and there are no gays in the Repub party and Obama has blocked you from going to church, rush limpball loves poor Rethugs...... well the list of lies could go on. But why bother.

But no bigger lie is being told by Rethugs than the one above; Romney is an excellent candidate. LMFAO. (is that why he didn't make it last time he tried? Or was he just practicing?)

And when Obama kicks his ass in Nov, you all will be able to stand around scratching your ass and wondering.......what the hell just happened.

And you got to really like the person wishing for 5 dollar a gallon gas. What kind of person wishes hardship on other Americans because they hate a President? Let me tell you; a low life piece of white trash Republican.

Polling above Obama in some polls, and that does not account for the FACT that the undecided break WILDLY to the challenger when the incumbent has under 50% approval.

And we shall see how $5 gallon gas affects his approval rating this summer.

Romney is an excellent candidate in the general, which is why you Lefties are pissing all over yourselves about him.

LOL

Two vivid examples of my point.

And, as I said, it ain't over. Not even close. And now I'm a "lefty". Okay.

Calm down.

Last edited:

Swing and miss.

Don't be a horse's ass. Either Romney said what it was claimed he said, or he didn't.

In the context of urging on the president “the lessons we learned in Massachusetts” that “could help Washington find” a better way to reform health care, Governor Romney explained, “We established incentives for those who were uninsured to buy insurance. Using tax penalties, as we did, or tax credits, as others have proposed, encourages ‘free riders’ to take responsibility for themselves, rather than pass their medical costs on others.”

Seriously..what exactly are you looking for?

Exact words? You doing a Christine O'Donnell here?

Forum List

Back