Can we finally admit that blacks are against SSM?

The most prominent black politician in the United States certainly seems to be for it.

were in did he says he will work, using his position-influence as president to forward gay marriage? what did he say? exactly?

Where did I say he would do that? Oh right--I didn't.

Federalizing marriage law is the right's goal. It's not clear why that should be Obama's as well now that he's expressed his personal support for gay marriage. Democrats should focus on getting rid of DOMA (which the administration has stopped defending in court), work on legalizing it at the state level wherever possible, and let Article IV handle the rest.

I have a feeling that the electoral damage Republicans inflicted in 2004 by getting gay marriage on state ballots will be visited back upon them in repeal votes in many of those states within the decade. Public opinion on the issue is shifting remarkably rapidly.

That explains why whites are more likely to support SSM than blacks, doesn't it?

Newsflash: Just because you are an idiot doesn't mean I am.

Where did you get those "stats", was it a nationwide survey?

Newsflash: I'm not an idiot, your post above reflects who the idiot is.

Did you read my OP where it broke down the results by race?

I did, that's why I asked if it was a nationwide survey and not just an abstract fro the elections of North Carolina. There are plenty of other Black people from different areas of the country who may or may not agree with the Black people in North Carolina, therefore to assert that "the Blacks" feel a certain way about an issue based on the vote that the Black people in North Carolina posted, is an inaccurate generalization.

The most prominent black politician in the United States certainly seems to be for it.

Here you go, Windbag, since you seem to be a little behind the news today. A helpful link.

I already saw that and, I think you should read what I posted again..whats the matter? fine print means nothing unless it isn't a health care bill?

were in did he says he will work, using his position-influence as president to forward gay marriage? what did he say? exactly? I'll elucidate, I know you're a little slow....

"The president stressed that this is a personal position, and that he still supports the concept of states deciding the issue on their own. But he said he’s confident that more Americans will grow comfortable with gays and lesbians getting married, citing his own daughters’ comfort with the concept."

Oh wait I get it...... Instead of “I support gay rights but oppose gay marriage” it’s now; “I support gay marriage but oppose federal intervention.”........see how that works? The sheep will swallow anything the media tells them, Obama has played this rope a dope for decades...

you should really stay in your 'comfort zone'. You know , reading and posting the boiler plate bullshit they have written up as your script to peddle....you routinely get your as handed to you in political threads .

He got tired of being Bush and decided to evolve into Cheney. Funny thing, the only gays I know that support him in this are the ones that post on this board, the rest are just as skeptical as I am.

were in did he says he will work, using his position-influence as president to forward gay marriage? what did he say? exactly?

Where did I say he would do that? Oh right--I didn't.

Federalizing marriage law is the right's goal. It's not clear why that should be Obama's as well now that he's expressed his personal support for gay marriage. Democrats should focus on getting rid of DOMA (which the administration has stopped defending in court), work on legalizing it at the state level wherever possible, and let Article IV handle the rest.

I have a feeling that the electoral damage Republicans inflicted in 2004 by getting gay marriage on state ballots will be visited back upon them in repeal votes in many of those states within the decade. Public opinion on the issue is shifting remarkably rapidly.

He came to the decision to toss the issue back to the states weeks ago, and planned to announce it next week on the View. If the guy really wanted to use his position to influence the debate he would stop trying to have it his way, and step up to the plate before North Carolina votes on the amendment.

Wait, he can't do that because they already voted. Keep defending him if you want, I can make you look like the blithering partisan idiot you are again.

Where did you get those "stats", was it a nationwide survey?

Newsflash: I'm not an idiot, your post above reflects who the idiot is.

I did, that's why I asked if it was a nationwide survey and not just an abstract fro the elections of North Carolina. There are plenty of other Black people from different areas of the country who may or may not agree with the Black people in North Carolina, therefore to assert that "the Blacks" feel a certain way about an issue based on the vote that the Black people in North Carolina posted, is an inaccurate generalization.

Same thing happened in California. If you want to make the case that North Carolina was an outlier you will have to explain California. On the other hand, I can't actually point to a national poll that proves my point because, for some reason, Gallop doesn't report the racial makeup of polls about Same Sex Marriage, even though they report it for everything else.

Same thing happened in California. If you want to make the case that North Carolina was an outlier you will have to explain California. On the other hand, I can't actually point to a national poll that proves my point because, for some reason, Gallop doesn't report the racial makeup of polls about Same Sex Marriage, even though they report it for everything else.

At the end of anti miscegenation laws, many Caucasian Americans were in favor of them.

At the end of anti miscegenation laws, many Caucasian Americans were in favor of them.

And many are still against them. what's your point?

Forum List

Back