Can We Defeat The Liberal Media?

britinusa

Aug 6, 2004
Lewistown, PA
Check out this article on Newsmax. Paul Weyrich has put into words my exact feelings.
Rush Limbaugh constantly assures dittoheads like me not to worry. "Don't sweat it," he tells us. "The media is what it is. Just laugh it off."
I can't do that.
I can't be optimistic about what's going on this election year. Rush is great. He has a weekly audience of over 20 million. But that's still less than 10% of the electorate, and most of those 20 million are aleady on board. Fox News is beating CNN and MSNBC, but it only atracts an average of 2 million viewers. The internet has certainly levelled the playing field somewhat, but how many people read Hugh Hewitt and Mickey Kaus?
Rush may have "talent on loan from God" but he is massively outgunned by the liberal media. The three TV networks and the overwhelming majority of the large metropolitan newspapers are liberal. The smaller papers rely on the AP for national and international news. And then you have Time and Newsweek. Speaking of Newsweek, I'm sure you're all aware of comments made by Evan Thomas. He believes media bias will boost Kerry/Edwards by 15 points. Thomas is no friend of the GOP, but even he is sickened by the behaviour of his colleagues in the elite media.
I tended to give the media the benefit of the doubt. The news media industry - for whatever reason - attracts a lot of liberals. That's just the way it is. The bias was until recent times mostly unconscious, subliminal even. Now it is blatant, in-your-face, deliberate and calculated. It is a massive ongoing effort to defeat George W. Bush.
I won't bother rehashing examples of this bias. You know them all by heart (Richard Clarke, Joe Wilson, Abu Ghraib). I'll concentrate on the most recent, outrageous treatment of the SwiftVets. This is far and away the most sensational story of this election year... and the elite media aren't going to do their job. The blackout will continue indefinitely. I hope I'm wrong.
Oh, there are some cracks. But the news organizations that really matter: The New York Times, The Washington Post, CBS News, ABC News and NBC News will not hurt the Kerry campaign.
What can be done about this? The only way we can fight back is to launch a massive boycott movement. And I don't mean boycotting only the news media. I mean the media. For example, don't just switch off CNN, cancel your AOL subscription too. They are both divisions of AOL TimeWarner. Don't just boycott network news, boycott ALL network programming. In my case it means giving up Law & Order and CSI.
Don't go to DisneyWorld, don't buy books published by Simon & Shuster. You get the idea? And when you call to cancel your AOL account, tell them why.
Don't watch any Hollywood movie unless it stars Bruce Willis, James Woods or any other member of the small band of Republicans in Tinseltown.
If we can put a big enough dent in their turnover, maybe the top brass of Viacom, Disney, AOL TimeWarner etc. will step in and put an end to what can only be described as a national disgrace.

I've got over my earlier pessimism. I've just finished reading two devastating blogs by Captain's Quarter and The Bandit. The latter inludes absolutely devastating photographic evidence. I am now convinced that the Reverend David Ralston (one of the stars of the Boston convention) did not serve with John Kerry. This is far more serious than the Cambodia fiasco. Ralston stood up in front of 15,000 delegates in the Fleet Center and lied through his teeth. And because the remaining "Band of Brothers" must have known he was lying, they too have been discredited.

Surely, the LMM cannot ignore this. Even as we speak, Dan Rather and his liberal buddies throughout the elite media are trying to decide how they can possibly get out of this one. I don't see how they can. Ignoring the Cambodia nonsense is one thing, but this Ralston bombshell is jut too much. The media will decide to salvage what little credibilty they have left.
The small band of conservatives in the media, the bloggers, Rush, Hannity and the rest will not let this go. This time, we will not let the Dems off the hook. As more and more people become aware of this Ralston fraud, more money will flow into the SwiftVets war chest. One devastating ad could burst the dam.

If the media finally do their duty, this could be the biggest landslide of all time.

The Democrats should have picked Howard Dean instead of the "electable" Kerry. How ironic; Kerry has milked his four months in Vietnam for all its worth and then some, now it is about to destroy him. I almost feel sorry for him.

P.S. I still think my boycott idea is a good one!

britinusa said:
I've got over my earlier pessimism. I've just finished reading two devastating blogs by Captain's Quarter and The Bandit. The latter inludes absolutely devastating photographic evidence. I am now convinced that the Reverend David Ralston (one of the stars of the Boston convention) did not serve with John Kerry. This is far more serious than the Cambodia fiasco. Ralston stood up in front of 15,000 delegates in the Fleet Center and lied through his teeth. And because the remaining "Band of Brothers" must have known he was lying, they too have been discredited.

Surely, the LMM cannot ignore this. Even as we speak, Dan Rather and his liberal buddies throughout the elite media are trying to decide how they can possibly get out of this one. I don't see how they can. Ignoring the Cambodia nonsense is one thing, but this Ralston bombshell is jut too much. The media will decide to salvage what little credibilty they have left.
The small band of conservatives in the media, the bloggers, Rush, Hannity and the rest will not let this go. This time, we will not let the Dems off the hook. As more and more people become aware of this Ralston fraud, more money will flow into the SwiftVets war chest. One devastating ad could burst the dam.

If the media finally do their duty, this could be the biggest landslide of all time.

The Democrats should have picked Howard Dean instead of the "electable" Kerry. How ironic; Kerry has milked his four months in Vietnam for all its worth and then some, now it is about to destroy him. I almost feel sorry for him.

P.S. I still think my boycott idea is a good one!

Capt. Ed rocks! I think you are correct, this is going to come out, simply because the bloggers, CE and Instapundit are not letting it go!

If any group ever wants to organize a peaceful protest march against the liberal media, I hope they will let me know. I will be there with my placard.
Wonder if the New York Times, Washington Post, ABC, CBS, NBC, and CNN would choose not to report an activity such as that?

Adam's Apple said:
If any group ever wants to organize a peaceful protest march against the liberal media, I hope they will let me know. I will be there with my placard.
Wonder if the New York Times, Washington Post, ABC, CBS, NBC, and CNN would choose not to report an activity such as that?

I suggest you check Protest Warriors My guess is they will be there, in opposition to the protestors!

Forum List

Back