Can we agree on a basic outline?

I see so you want 20% unemployment because government has to adhere to your stupid idea that it should immulate a hosuehold

So just devalue the dollar, borrow and spend more, huh? idiot :cuckoo:

Notice the Eurozone is now back in recession has higher debts and more unemployment since they began implementing asperity. It is pathetic that you think reality is idiotic

What got them there was the damn debt....which was created by too much spending. It's not that difficult.

The question is would that goal be acceptable to you. If both sides came together and agreed that ever year they would shrink spending compared to GDP until it reached 19% would you find that acceptable.
As far as the refund thing. Sure I don't have a problem with that, although if evenly divided between all sources (personal and business) I doubt it would ever be noticeable.

No, the question is how we achieve that goal. Good intentions are squat, I want details.

By the way, you do not want to set taxes at 20% of GDP, you want to set revenue at that level.

The question is not how to achieve it. In the current political situation neither side can agree with the other on anything. In a lot of cases either side can't even agree with themselves on what they want.
In order to find solutions on how to achieve a goal, you first must have a goal. We have heard conservatives throw out some numbers, but their numbers don't even match each other. I haven't heard much from the liberals on what they would like to see. So first we need to decide on what that goal is before we can move forward.

Goals that do not contain a description of how they are going to be achieved are not goals, they are, at best, dreams.

No, the question is how we achieve that goal. Good intentions are squat, I want details.

By the way, you do not want to set taxes at 20% of GDP, you want to set revenue at that level.

The question is not how to achieve it. In the current political situation neither side can agree with the other on anything. In a lot of cases either side can't even agree with themselves on what they want.
In order to find solutions on how to achieve a goal, you first must have a goal. We have heard conservatives throw out some numbers, but their numbers don't even match each other. I haven't heard much from the liberals on what they would like to see. So first we need to decide on what that goal is before we can move forward.

Goals that do not contain a description of how they are going to be achieved are not goals, they are, at best, dreams.

Got it. Lets not have goals or say what they are. But Dammit we will achieve them. Great idea.
/sarcasm

I see so you want 20% unemployment because government has to adhere to your stupid idea that it should immulate a hosuehold

Notice the Eurozone is now back in recession has higher debts and more unemployment since they began implementing asperity. It is pathetic that you think reality is idiotic

It's pathetic that you called it "asperity".

I am about to give up hope here.
Wasn't the plan supposed to be get our troops
out of Afghanistan?

Our Supreme leader is on the TV now saying we are gonna
be committed there for another 10 years above and beyond
the 2014 date....

Are you shittin me?

I am about to give up hope here.
Wasn't the plan supposed to be get our troops
out of Afghanistan?

Our Supreme leader is on the TV now saying we are gonna
be committed there for another 10 years above and beyond
the 2014 date....

Are you shittin me?

We have geopolitical and economic interests in Afghanistan. It's a crucial throughway for the transporting of natural gas from the Caspian Sea to the Indian Ocean. While the Taliban was under control of the country, it was off limits for being used as part of the transport route.

Interestingly enough, Iran is the only country left along this route that isn't playing ball.

Got it. Lets not have goals or say what they are. But Dammit we will achieve them. Great idea.
/sarcasm

Sounds like what you are trying to do to me. You want to set spending at 19% of GDP and taxes at 20%. No discussion about how we are supposed to index either to GDP, what to do if GDP spikes, or drops, after the budget is signed for the year, no details about anything, and then you get offended when people ask questions. Just like Obama.

1 Person threw out spending at 18%. None of the rest of you can even throw out numbers at what you think it should be.
Got it. You are more concerned about bitching about the other side, then setting goals and trying to achieve them.

No we just dont want o be idiots and arbitrary propose spending levels that reduce govt effectiveness to deal with shocks recessions and increases in people over the age of 65

What got them there was the damn debt....which was created by too much spending. It's not that difficult.
Europe has less debt then Japan and Amierca. So like always you're wrong

1 Person threw out spending at 18%. None of the rest of you can even throw out numbers at what you think it should be.
Got it. You are more concerned about bitching about the other side, then setting goals and trying to achieve them.

BINGO ! Now you understand our government.

No we just dont want o be idiots and arbitrary propose spending levels that reduce govt effectiveness to deal with shocks recessions and increases in people over the age of 65

Not all of us believe the government needs to respond to every single fucking recession.

Not all of us believe the government needs to respond to every single fucking recession.
Yes I do realize that not all of us are sane; I do realize that some of us are so stupid that they think making recessions deeper and longer are good things

Yes I do realize that not all of us are sane; I do realize that some of us are so stupid that they think making recessions deeper and longer are good things

Some of us are forward thinking enough to accept temporary pain rather than kick the fucking can farther down the road. Some of us are smart enough to know you can't borrow your way out of debt.

There ya go---talking about our government again.

At some point someone is going to have to feel some pain, whether it's the recession itself or the bills coming due on all the "responses" the government utilized.

Some of us are forward thinking enough to accept temporary pain rather than kick the fucking can farther down the road. Some of us are smart enough to know you can't borrow your way out of debt.
I see so according to you we need to have a big recession because we might have a recession in the future. SO basically you are saying we need to suffer because we will suffer

I see so according to you we need to have a big recession because we might have a recession in the future. SO basically you are saying we need to suffer because we will suffer

Might want to think about the degree of suffering. :eusa_whistle:

We're at a point where consumers need to deleverage extensively. There's just too much debt to sustain any kind of long term growth. The government's response is to do everything they can to get people borrowing again because it's the quickest way to get money moving.

You don't see a problem with this?

I figure this is less spending then the liberals want and higher taxes then the conservatives want, but hopefully in an area that we can at least find acceptable to both sides.

Why is everyone always able to just accept that we need to Raise Taxes at all? Descretionary spending is up under Obama almost 30%, If we simply stopped all the NEW spending he has committed us to, Spending would decrease by 30%.

You people do Realize no matter how much money we give the Government, They will spend all of it, and then some. The Answer is not to throw more money down the Federal Drain, The Answer is to get those Idiots in DC to learn to live with in their Means, and stop tossing Billions down the Drain to Reward Campaign Donors.

Who said anything about Emulating, a Household. Lets just start with Not Giving Billions to Doomed Pet Projects, squandering Billions on Study after Study, Hundreds of Thousands of Entrenched Bureaucrats All who think of almost nothing other than Assuring their Budgets continue to Grow.

Spending at the Levels we are is insanity, That's not the Rant of some Right wing Nut job bud, that is what the Credit Rating people, The World Economy and Simple Commons sense is telling anyone who wants to listen.

Not saying Taxes should never go up, I am saying before we Feed this Monster Even More, lets try and get some of this Out Outrageous Waste taken Care of.

I mean the GAO study alone, identified almost 400 BILLION a year that we spend every year on Un-needed, Redundant, or other wise wasteful programs that can and should be cut. That was like 2 Fucking Years ago, yet still all were fucking talking about is how we need to send this stupid Mother fuckers in DC more money to waste, Steal, and lose in ever Changing ways.

I don't Care if you are a Liberal, A right winger, or like myself more in the Middle, you know and I know that at least, and this is being generous, at least 50% of every single Dollar we send them is simply wasted.

Think about that, were sitting here talking about cutting spending to 19% and Raising Taxes to this, when we all know DAMN FUCKING well we could cut spending by 50% if we could just find a way to Trim the Fat, Cut out the Wasting, Stealing, Rewarding of Campaign Pals, and Bloated Bureaucracy.

Republican, Democrat, Black, White, Gay, Straight, Male, Female, Far left loon, or Right wing Asshole, I don't Care if they understand and will do something about that I would vote for them.

Forum List

Back