Can Trump win the general election?

amrchaos

Pentheus torn apart
Nov 1, 2008
Miami
I wish Hillary supporter s would stop celebrating and get serious.

Trump can still win the election. If he does,it is the democrats fault!

Here is how:

1. Even if a bunch of lies, Trump promises things people wants!

A. returning jobs from overseas(too late!! Those jobs are gone!)

B. Fight illegal immigration with a wall and deportation (but tunnels already exist, and you have to find them before you can deport them. Trump is forcing illegal immigrants to hide deeper underground!)

C Reducing the debt by defaulting and renegotiations (this will devalue the dollar drastically!! Economists claims this will to a depression worst than the Great Depression!!)

Democrats must challenge the feasibility of these policies and offer solutions that are not only possible, but less destructive.

2. His campaign/Rallies are exciting!

One reason is because he has more talent to keep an audience attention.
Another is the wanton violence around his event!!

The first part, nothing can be done about it. The 2nd part is to denounce the violence around Trumps rally and tell people to avoid going there if they cannot restrain their anger. Add in that people will find cause with Trump if they keep attacking his supporters.

3.He has an army of blindly sycophants surrounding his campaign.

If it was possible to show them that Trump promises are not reality, they would abandon him. However, the best thing one can do is try to keep this army from growing. Hence, measure your words and responses when criticizing Trump, but criticize Trump. Do not criticize the supporter!! The supporter will resist you even more if you insult them. Pose questions that they know how to answer and let them think about it.

It is easier for people to realize they are wrong than to admit they are wrong. Keep this in mind when talking to them. Try not to force them to state the point!

4. Trump biggest weakness seems to be discussing serious policy question. Try to turn any discussion with Trump to this. Normally Trump will try to deflect through mindless complaint. Don't let him. Keep asking the question he try to avoid.

Failure to confront Trump correctly can lead to a Trump victory in November! So stop dancing and take Trump seriously, even if you can't .

Trump will be our next president because:

1. People will see the "protestors" at the various campaign events and will do their own protesting at the polls. Voting for Trump.

2. In spite of media efforts to cover it up, people are aware of just how deceitful, greedy, and lawless Hillary is. They will vote for Trump just to keep her from winning.

3. Millions of Americans daily look at their wallets and pocketbooks and see just what 8 years of Obama has done to them. They will vote for Trump to stop another 4 or 8 years of this crap from continuing.

Granny says, "Dat's right - there's too much special interest an' foreign money goin' to candidates...
icon_grandma.gif

Is Big Money Subverting US Elections and Democracy?
June 16, 2016 | WASHINGTON — Bernie Sanders, who won 23 state contests in his fading quest to become the Democratic Party’s presidential nominee, was buoyed for months by supporters’ small average donations of $27. Conversely, Republican contender Jeb Bush flamed out in February despite his well-heeled connections.
Both experiences point to the limits of big money in U.S. politics, at least in the 2016 election cycle. But some political experts and most average Americans nonetheless see growing financial influence – which can vary with the primary or general election, increase further down the ballot and shape policies affecting daily life. Americans of all stripes agree that money holds greater sway than ever, and the effects are mostly negative, a Pew Research Center survey found. The center reported in December that "large majorities favor limits on campaign spending and say the high cost of campaigning discourages many good candidates from running for president." "There’s no country with longer and more expensive elections than the United States," said Ken Goldstein, a University of San Francisco professor and political advertising expert.

Campaigning for the presidency begins well over a year out; Republican Ted Cruz was the first to announce his candidacy in March 2015. Spending in 2012 — the election cycle that included the last presidential race — topped $6.3 billion, the watchdog Center for Responsive Politics calculated. This election cycle is expected to set records in spending by campaigns, political parties and outside interest groups, the center has forecast. As of late May, candidates and the super PACS (political action committees) backing them raised more than $1.2 billion, according to campaign filings. Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's campaign alone generated nearly $85 million, and supporting super PACs raised more than $204 million.

C05B10C8-34E7-451A-B6EA-951C59D966BF_w640_r1_s_cx0_cy20_cw89.jpg

Demonstrators march on the U.S. Capitol to oppose big money in politics in Washington, D.C.​

Real estate magnate Donald Trump largely has self-financed his campaign, but last month made a joint fundraising deal with the Republican National Committee enabling rich donors to contribute up to $500,000 apiece. He initially said he needed to raise $1 billion for the general election, but he has since scaled back. His aides are expected to meet in coming days with those of billionaire industrialist Charles Koch, USA Today recently reported. The powerful Koch network of donors and policy developers may bypass the presidential contest — chafing at Trump’s stated opposition to free trade deals, for example — to focus on helping Republicans retain Senate control.

Concerns down the ballot

Norman Ornstein, a political scholar at the conservative American Enterprise Institute, said he doesn’t “look at presidential politics as the be-all and end-all of the campaign funding system.” Candidates for the nation’s top office already have “an enormous amount of name recognition” and extensive media coverage that lessen the impact of campaign spending on advertising. More worrisome is what happens further down the chain — in congressional, legislative and local contests, he said. Ornstein told VOA that “a whole bunch of senators” had privately divulged their fears about voting for legislation that could antagonize big donors. “The part that troubles me most is judicial elections,” he added, noting heavy partisan spending aimed at tilting the composition of state Supreme Courts in Wisconsin and North Carolina. Ornstein speculated that a judge “may think twice” in deciding a case involving a giant corporation or wealthy individual whose support might be vital in future elections.

Landmark court decisions

I wish Hillary supporter s would stop celebrating and get serious.

Trump can still win the election. If he does,it is the democrats fault!

Here is how:

1. Even if a bunch of lies, Trump promises things people wants!

A. returning jobs from overseas(too late!! Those jobs are gone!)

There is no reason that a large number of those jobs can't come back. Germany has TWICE the rate of manufacturing jobs we do.

B. Fight illegal immigration with a wall and deportation (but tunnels already exist, and you have to find them before you can deport them. Trump is forcing illegal immigrants to hide deeper underground!)

11 million people will be easy to find. In many cities law enforcement officers can't swing a dead cat without hitting an illegal.

And tunnels are hard to dig than walking 20 ft.

C Reducing the debt by defaulting and renegotiations (this will devalue the dollar drastically!! Economists claims this will to a depression worst than the Great Depression!!)

The dollar is overvalued. It should fall.

2. His campaign/Rallies are exciting!

One reason is because he has more talent to keep an audience attention.

This is true.

Another is the wanton violence around his event!!
.... The 2nd part is to denounce the violence around Trumps rally and tell people to avoid going there if they cannot restrain their anger. Add in that people will find cause with Trump if they keep attacking his supporters.

They really can't. The only thing that has given Hillary any traction is full blown hysterical panic mongering hinting that Trump is Hitler.

If Trump is that bad, then violence is completely justified.

People who don't think that Trump is Hitler, or who don't support political violence should NOT vote for Hillary.

3.He has an army of blindly sycophants surrounding his campaign.

Every candidate gets it share of zealots. This is a none issue. And if you voted for Obama, very, very hypocritical of you.

If it was possible to show them that Trump promises are not reality, they would abandon him. However, the best thing one can do is try to keep this army from growing. Hence, measure your words and responses when criticizing Trump, but criticize Trump. Do not criticize the supporter!! The supporter will resist you even more if you insult them. Pose questions that they know how to answer and let them think about it.

Liberals can't do this. THe politics of Personal Attacks and the Logical Fallacy of Appeal to Ridicule is pretty much all they have.

4. Trump biggest weakness seems to be discussing serious policy question. Try to turn any discussion with Trump to this. Normally Trump will try to deflect through mindless complaint. Don't let him. Keep asking the question he try to avoid.

Like how we need more Third World voters? Oops, I mean workers?

Or like how we need more Muslim immigrants?

Or how it is fine for American workers to have to compete with literal slave labor?

Failure to confront Trump correctly can lead to a Trump victory in November! So stop dancing and take Trump seriously, even if you can't .

Oh, they already have.

The constant drumbeat of "triumphalism" is part of the attempt by the Left and the Media to create an illusion of consensus in a desperate attempt to hold on to conformist voters, and to prevent people from considering Trump's polices for even a second.

Because your ideological leaders know that if the voters actually think about Trump's polices, that that is the beginning of the end for them.

can trump win? theoretically, yes.

practically? no.

it was going to be a tough election for a good gop candidate. the electoral college map.does not favor them. trump is not a good candidate and has alienated people he needed to win over.

there aren't enough old white uneducated men to win him the presidency.

practically? no.

it was going to be a tough election for a good gop candidate. the electoral college map.does not favor them. trump is not a good candidate and has alienated people he needed to win over.

That's how Howard Stern got so rich. He said half of the people that listen love him, and the other half hates him, but they all tune in. Now he is the reason for the success of satellite radio.

And we've seen this theory in play throughout the Trump campaign. Oh, Trump said this, so he's finished now. Oh, Trump said that, so it's all over for him" and yet with each claim, he only got more popular.

I don't participate in the dozens of poll discussions on USMB. That's because they don't mean anything--especially this early in the game. The thing to watch is the voter participation rate. That's what will tell you who the winner and loser is likely to be.

Trump can sell out stadiums with standing room only. Hillary is lucky if she can fill a high school gym. If their popularity holds all the way to November, it will be President Trump.

practically? no.

That's how Howard Stern got so rich. He said half of the people that listen love him, and the other half hates him, but they all tune in. Now he is the reason for the success of satellite radio.

And we've seen this theory in play throughout the Trump campaign. Oh, Trump said this, so he's finished now. Oh, Trump said that, so it's all over for him" and yet with each claim, he only got more popular.
primary season is over. trump's antics might have played well with less than half of the gop primary voters and got him the nomination but that dog won't hunt in the general. just look at his poll numbers.

primary season is over. trump's antics might have played well with less than half of the gop primary voters and got him the nomination but that dog won't hunt in the general. just look at his poll numbers.

Poll numbers mean nothing because it's the middle of June. It's like saying the 14th day of the 14 day weather forecast will be accurate

It doesn't matter if Trump is 30 points ahead of Hillary or Hillary is up 30 points ahead of Trump. Many things can change between now and five months from now. Trump has this lawsuit thing going and Hillary is still being investigated by the FBI.

Poll numbers mean nothing because it's the middle of June. It's like saying the 14th day of the 14 day weather forecast will be accurate

It doesn't matter if Trump is 30 points ahead of Hillary or Hillary is up 30 points ahead of Trump. Many things can change between now and five months from now. Trump has this lawsuit thing going and Hillary is still being investigated by the FBI.
you could be right.

tell me, do you expect trump to stop being trump?

practically? no.

THe leftist distaste for white men and working class whites is one of the factors that put Democratic working class whites in play.

As demonstrated by the blatant bigotry shown by ogiblillm.

practically? no.

THe leftist distaste for white men and working class whites is one of the factors that put Democratic working class whites in play.

Blatant bigotry? help me out, tell me how i was bigoted

practically? no.

You show contempt for a group, working class whites. You are a bigot.

practically? no.

contempt for? how so?

practically? no.

contempt for? how so?

Old and uneducated. The negative spin is obvious.

When they vote for your side, they are the oh so deserving Poor, or Disadvantaged.

Let them disagree with you and suddenly, you need to draw attention to their lack of education.

And "old"? Really?

Trump is going to win whites as an OVERALL group. YOu know that, if you are honestly with yourself.

Because you dems NEVER win the white vote.

You can't.

practically? no.

contempt for? how so?

i didn't invent the demographics of republican voters in general and trump supporters in particular
When they vote for your side, they are the oh so deserving Poor, or Disadvantaged.

Let them disagree with you and suddenly, you need to draw attention to their lack of education.

And "old"? Really?

Trump is going to win whites as an OVERALL group. YOu know that, if you are honestly with yourself.

You can't.
lol. and the gop only wins the white vote.

and those white votes that trump wins will skew older and less educated, as the republican vote always does

practically? no.

contempt for? how so?

And "old"? Really?

You can't.

He may win white men. He can then be President of Whitemansylvania.

Forum List

Back