Can this be true? ACLU wants school busses to stop driving past churches

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Via email...

ACLU Wants School Bus to Stop Driving by so Many Churches

MARSHALL, TX – The ACLU has learned a school bus that transports children to and from Marshall Elementary School passes 8 local churches per trip. “That’s too many,” said ACLU spokesperson Pete Peters. “Those churches expose children to crosses and catchy little religious phrases, things that kids should not be exposed to while being driven by governmental busses.”

The Republican led city council says that it would be a logistical nightmare for the bus to avoid the institutions of religion. “The bus would have to start its route an hour early and the kids wouldn’t get home until an hour later,” says City Councilman, Jeff Todd. But Mr. Peters insists he’s worked out the details. “I planned it out on Yahoo! Maps this morning,” he said. “When the bus is on Main Street, instead of turning left on 3rd Avenue, it should take a right on Austin Street, a left on Magnolia Street, a left on Pine Lane, drive through the Wendy’s parking lot, drive across Crazy Jeb Bellows ranch, make a U-turn over the center divider on Perkins Street and BAM, you’ve got a bus route that gets everyone to school and doesn’t compromise anyone’s civil liberties.”

Rush just read it. He says it has to be a joke. but he is asking how many people would believe it. it wouldnt surprise me.

ANYTHING can br true about Marshall,Texas. Quite the infamous little east Texas town. I think a certain William Joyce is the mayor. :p:

I'm living for the day when Bush tries to nuke the Middle East and blows up the ACLU headquarters instead.

:lame2:

What a bunch of blithering idiots from hell.... :fu2:

It does sound like a one of those satire emails we get every so often, but with the ACLU, I wouldn't be suprised at all.

Forum List

Back