Can they do that?!

&

☭proletarian☭

Legislation approved by the House Commerce Committee would set the minimum wage for anyone younger than 22 at 75 percent of what adults are required to be paid. With the state minimum wage at $7.25 an hour, that translates out to $5.44.

I thought anyone over 18 was a legal adult, for one?!

Bill would cut minimum wage to $5.44

That ain't right. I am not necessarily opposed to a lower min. wage for teens, but it should be 18; not 22. Another example of "arresting the development" of adult children.

The government setting the minimum wage for any age is not right. The government setting the maximum compensation for any private sector job is not right. Congress giving its members a raise is not right. Many things that the government does are not right.

If Obamacare is good enough for the people, it should be good enough for Congress and the President's family.

The government setting the minimum wage for any age is not right. The government setting the maximum compensation for any private sector job is not right. Congress giving its members a raise is not right. Many things that the government does are not right.

If Obamacare is good enough for the people, it should be good enough for Congress and the President's family.

There is no such thing as "Obamacare," if the bill passes it will create an elective public option to compete with private insurers. Everyone in the country would then choose their own provider. There would be no policy called "Obamacare," or anything else, that anyone will be forced into.

There is no such thing as "Obamacare," if the bill passes it will create an elective public option to compete with private insurers. Everyone in the country would then choose their own provider. There would be no policy called "Obamacare," or anything else, that anyone will be forced into.

No, but people will be forced to get insurance even if they don't want to under threat of a $5,000 fine for the uninsured. Sounds like force to me.

Rick

Not true, you're not accurate in the least. If you're going to post and state things as fact, then you should at least do your homework.

☭proletarian☭;2020149 said:
Legislation approved by the House Commerce Committee would set the minimum wage for anyone younger than 22 at 75 percent of what adults are required to be paid. With the state minimum wage at $7.25 an hour, that translates out to $5.44.

18 is a legal adult when they want it be. Why does the child tax credit expire when a kid hits 17?

18 is a legal adult when they want it be. Why does the child tax credit expire when a kid hits 17?

Doesn't Child SS survivor benefits cut off at 17 or 18 as well?

First off, it does not seem legal to differentiate between adult workers.

Second it encourages employers to fire someone when they reach 22 rather than raise their salary by $1.81 an hour

That's only when you sign a contract with a banker, break a "law" or they need to send you overseas to slaughte......I mean.........spread DemoNcrassy and FreeDumb.

Obamacare. Pelosicare, Socialized Medicine...whatever...call it what you like. The government should not compete with private enterprise. They are simply attempting to run the insurance companies out of business, ending up with a single-payer quagmire that will be just as inefficient and mismanaged as all other government programs are right now. Government is inefficient for several reasons, the biggest of which, I think, is that employees are hardly ever fired for incompetence...and incompetency is rampant when people do not fear being fired.

Obamacare. Pelosicare, Socialized Medicine...whatever...call it what you like. The government should not compete with private enterprise. They are simply attempting to run the insurance companies out of business, ending up with a single-payer quagmire that will be just as inefficient and mismanaged as all other government programs are right now. Government is inefficient for several reasons, the biggest of which, I think, is that employees are hardly ever fired for incompetence...and incompetency is rampant when people do not fear being fired.

I agree with you on some of the points you make but healthcare is not something that should be left in the hands of profiteers.

How about we just lower all Minimum wage jobs to that rate?

It took over ten years to get the minimum wage increased

Now Republicans want to turn it back.........I guess they can't function without slave labor

Forum List

Back