Can there be Pharmaceuticals in your Water?

There just may be:

AP IMPACT: Tons of released drugs taint US water

U.S. manufacturers, including major drugmakers, have legally released at least 271 million pounds of pharmaceuticals into waterways that often provide drinking water — contamination the federal government has consistently overlooked, according to an Associated Press investigation.

Hundreds of active pharmaceutical ingredients are used in a variety of manufacturing, including drugmaking: For example, lithium is used to make ceramics and treat bipolar disorder; nitroglycerin is a heart drug and also used in explosives; copper shows up in everything from pipes to contraceptives.

God, I bet people in Rush Limbaugh's town were getting stoned on the tap water, after Rush flushed all that oxycontin down the toilet before his arrest.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PARTY!

Let's open another can of worms now, it just popped in my while reading dillo and KK's discussion.

What if somehow the meds/chemicals in the water are contributing to the higher incidents of autism? Nobody knows what causes it, maybe this could be ONE of the reasons.

Thoughts?

Bluntly, I think that the incidence of 'new' chemicals in every aspect of our environment is causing all kinds of harm that we are just starting to recognize. A study just finished seem to connect the increase in Parkinson's with some of the chemicals in pesticides. The link between Asthma and diesel exhaust is well known. The many chemicals that we dump into the water, including some in pulp processing that seem to mimic some natural hormones, are a cause of worry. Definately connected to some mutations in mammals in the Columbia River system. And we are a mammal.

God, I bet people in Rush Limbaugh's town were getting stoned on the tap water, after Rush flushed all that oxycontin down the toilet before his arrest.

PARTY!

Screw oxycontin.

Party on with vicodin! I wonder which city as the most vicodin in the tapwater. That shit is the bomb!

Tried vicodin once, had a wisdom tooth pulled, knocked me out completely so went back to my Tylenol-4's for pain relief.

PARTY!

Screw oxycontin.

Party on with vicodin! I wonder which city as the most vicodin in the tapwater. That shit is the bomb!

Damn, I guess that is why I have never been a user of any kind of drugs, except when prescribed for pain. Vicodin makes me feel the same as the rest of them. Loggy, difficult to think, and half sick.

Screw oxycontin.

Damn, I guess that is why I have never been a user of any kind of drugs, except when prescribed for pain. Vicodin makes me feel the same as the rest of them. Loggy, difficult to think, and half sick.

I was just kidding. For some reason teenagers dig vicodin. I have no idea why. It just knocks me out.

I liked your prevous post. It's going to be years before we even begin to understand at the mostt rudimentary level, all of the additive and cummulative affects of all these chemicals in the water.

and rest assured, the flat earthers and the pharmecuetical companies will delay, block, and deny, just like the tobacco and fossil fuel industrys did.

Let's open another can of worms now, it just popped in my while reading dillo and KK's discussion.

What if somehow the meds/chemicals in the water are contributing to the higher incidents of autism? Nobody knows what causes it, maybe this could be ONE of the reasons.

Thoughts?

Bluntly, I think that the incidence of 'new' chemicals in every aspect of our environment is causing all kinds of harm that we are just starting to recognize. A study just finished seem to connect the increase in Parkinson's with some of the chemicals in pesticides. The link between Asthma and diesel exhaust is well known. The many chemicals that we dump into the water, including some in pulp processing that seem to mimic some natural hormones, are a cause of worry. Definately connected to some mutations in mammals in the Columbia River system. And we are a mammal.

Thank you science buddies for us next time you see em.

Thoughts?

I will, for inspite of the opposition they constantly encounter, they continue to alert us to the danger of these chemicals.

I will, for inspite of the opposition they constantly encounter, they continue to alert us to the danger of these chemicals.

You do realize it's the government funded ones like your environmental scientists that put them there ... rrriiiiggghhhttt!!!!?????

No, industry put them there. Often the scientists design safeguards that are discarded because they cost money and there are no regulations for that particular chemical yet.

You do realize it's the government funded ones like your environmental scientists that put them there ... rrriiiiggghhhttt!!!!?????

Kitten, Kitten, Kitten.......................

Read these:

Environmental Scientists and Hydrologists

Environmental Scientist

Environmental science - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back