Can there be Pharmaceuticals in your Water?

That's ridiculous.

#1, as far as I'm aware, the pharmacies don't overstock on ANYTHING. Anyone who has dealt with meds knows they're always running out of whatever it is you need, or "owing" you the rest of your prescription. It just happened with me this month. They were short on naproxen (anti-inflammatory).

And good luck getting "too many" of any of the kinds of drugs that are for pain, anxiety, stress disorder or bi-polar glitches.

#2...you wouldn't be so glib about "prescribing meds" for everything if you were in intense physical pain every day of the week, or dying of cancer, or suffering from anxiety disorder. Do you know how much better off we are since the advent of antibiotics? People used to die from sinus infections. They still do, but not like they used to. People would die from an earrache...kids died in droves. Hideous painful deaths.

Then how is it they need to dispose of them to the point it's becoming a problem?

Oh, and I am in pain quite often so that's not a good example. Perhaps you misunderstood the meaning I was trying to show, I mean prescribing drugs for even the problems they are not needed, not stop prescribing drugs completely. There are many things they use drugs for which are not needed, or they have not been tested well enough. How many of the recalls are probably just tossed out in some way resulting in them getting into the soil?

I know that there is no drug to make crazy people non-crazy, and it used to kill me to see my ppl medicated with Zoloft and Depakote and all sorts of weird pills, with the scripts changed every couple of months. They were STILL crazy, except they also got to deal with weight gain, weight loss, (increased) mood swings, hallucinations, twitches, sleep disorders. These guys were crazy. Just give them the drugs they needed in the course of their lives and quit trying to fuck with their brains. There is no chemical that will make them normal.

I know that there is no drug to make crazy people non-crazy, and it used to kill me to see my ppl medicated with Zoloft and Depakote and all sorts of weird pills, with the scripts changed every couple of months. They were STILL crazy, except they also got to deal with weight gain, weight loss, (increased) mood swings, hallucinations, twitches, sleep disorders. These guys were crazy. Just give them the drugs they needed in the course of their lives and quit trying to fuck with their brains. There is no chemical that will make them normal.

I agree, I have clinical depression and social anxiety, all the meds did were give me strange sensations and odd feelings, it was easier to just learn how to function with these problems than medicate them. They are the reason I am still considered disable since there is no cure, even though I can earn money on my own if I ever fail to I will again start collecting a check without problem, it's also why I am still on Medicare/Medicaid. I have not once met anyone with mental problems who benefit from the meds except when they are tranqued for violent problems.

....drugs in the water! I've been trying, for like half an hour, but I can't seem to keep a bowl full of water lit:confused:

I use a Watts 4 stage reverse osmosis filter. zero waste. I have been since our city started dumping heavy metal toxins in our water supply...flouride...

I use a Watts 4 stage reverse osmosis filter. zero waste. I have been since our city started dumping heavy metal toxins in our water supply...flouride...

My parents have a well that is heavy in flourides. When the spring pumps were down the well was always the backup. Tears my stomach up whenever I have drank it.

Distilled is the best solution for drinking water if one wants to insure clean water.

Our water here comes from our own cistern/well. We drink distilled water.

Omg, this isn't about a conspiracy to drug the public. It's about using the toilet to dispense of medications. Something hospitals, group homes, mental institutions, prisons, juvenile facilities, foster care homes have been doing FOR YEARS.

When I worked as a group home PM we dispensed of meds by dumping them down the toilet. There was a procedure to it.

A couple of years ago, they started actually testing for those drugs in the water and guess what? There they are. Of COURSE they are.

So now the drug destruction has to be done some other way. I don't know how yet. They advertise mixing them with kitty litter and bagging them up and sending them to the dump now..I don't know if you're supposed to use USED kitty litter, or empty the capsules, or wet them, or what. And while that will help with city water, it's not going to prevent ground water contamination.

I can tell you how many thousands of pills and other meds I've dumped down the toilet about 30 feet from the river in my old job. Though of course we were on city sewer, so it went to the water purification facility. Unfortunately, most of those chemicals can't be eliminated using the processes and filters used at the city water processing place.

Salud, have some soma.

Wow. THAT was really the procedure to get rid of meds? How effin' dumb do you have to be not to foresee something like this happening??? (I'm referring to the ones that came up with the by you described 'procedure')

I just have to say ... WOW again ...

I'm just in shock is all... don't mean to offend anyone...

Last edited:
Yeah, I hear this is a problem.

Some of the pollutants from drugs don't really require a huge amount in the water to have an effect on the people if they drink that water for a long time.

It's not just drugs, either.

Hormone mimics in plastic are screwing up our reproducitive systems, too.

Some researchers think that' is what's causing little girls to reach puberty faster, for example.

What those female hormone mimics are doing to men is uncertain, but males sperm counts are going down too.

Better living though chemistry?

Yeah, right...till its not.

I agree, I have clinical depression and social anxiety, all the meds did were give me strange sensations and odd feelings, it was easier to just learn how to function with these problems than medicate them. They are the reason I am still considered disable since there is no cure, even though I can earn money on my own if I ever fail to I will again start collecting a check without problem, it's also why I am still on Medicare/Medicaid. I have not once met anyone with mental problems who benefit from the meds except when they are tranqued for violent problems.

Do you expect those who benefit from medication to walk up to you and say "hello--my life is great now because I take meds" ?

The right medications for the right diagnosis has saved countless lives. Please stop scaring people. Mental illness is already fighting a stigma. Don't make it worse.

Do you expect those who benefit from medication to walk up to you and say "hello--my life is great now because I take meds" ?

The right medications for the right diagnosis has saved countless lives. Please stop scaring people. Mental illness is already fighting a stigma. Don't make it worse.

Then show some statistics the prove real life experience is wrong. Knowing them before they get the meds and seeing them after they start taking them is pretty strong evidence, also living through it as well. Not talking about one "try" but many years of being a guinea pig, pretty strong evidence to me and nothing has ever proven it wrong.

Oh, also my mental problems are because of other meds I was given for a mental problem I was misdiagnosed when I was young and I know one poor lady who's mind is completely gone because of them forcing her to take meds for a problem she was misdiagnosed with (I am a lucky one compared to most in this case).

Then show some statistics the prove real life experience is wrong. Knowing them before they get the meds and seeing them after they start taking them is pretty strong evidence, also living through it as well. Not talking about one "try" but many years of being a guinea pig, pretty strong evidence to me and nothing has ever proven it wrong.

Your real life experience is not EVERYONE'S life experience. I'll stomp you're ass with real life experiences so don't even think about going there unless you have worked in the mental health field for 30 years.

Your real life experience is not EVERYONE'S life experience. I'll stomp you're ass with real life experiences so don't even think about going there unless you have worked in the mental health field for 30 years.

*sighs* This is why the mental health field is crap right now, they don't listen to us patients at all ... :eusa_whistle:

Instead they shove meds down our throats and send us on our way.

*sighs* This is why the mental health field is crap right now, they don't listen to us patients at all ... :eusa_whistle:

Right---you're an asexual antisocial isolate yet you know better than all the mental health professionals. Ban anti-physchotic drugs and have all those currently taking them come live with you.

Right---you're an asexual antisocial isolate yet you know better than all the mental health professionals. Ban anti-physchotic drugs and have all those currently taking them come live with you.

See? You don't listen. Anti-social behavior is a natural result of having extreme social anxiety and being forced to live among lots of people for a long time (7 years in a shelter). Anti-psychotics drugs are not the only psych meds they give, unless you consider depression psychotic as well (which is actually completely opposite), and I said that those who are violent do benefit from tranq-like drugs, even posted that in here quite clearly. The asexuality has almost nothing to do with the topic, so I will consider that just a failed attempt to flame, since I am not asexual, I am anti-sexual because I don't like sex, I can't reproduce on my own. You see, many of them do live in the shelters, and some do not take their meds (they tend to get kicked out eventually) because our state was one of those stupid ones that closed down all the psych wards.

Now, since you want to look at extremes we'll look at RLS ... explain how THAT requires drugs to cure ... :eusa_whistle:

See? You don't listen. Anti-social behavior is a natural result of having extreme social anxiety and being forced to live among lots of people for a long time (7 years in a shelter). Anti-psychotics drugs are not the only psych meds they give, unless you consider depression psychotic as well (which is actually completely opposite), and I said that those who are violent do benefit from tranq-like drugs, even posted that in here quite clearly. The asexuality has almost nothing to do with the topic, so I will consider that just a failed attempt to flame, since I am not asexual, I am anti-sexual because I don't like sex, I can't reproduce on my own. You see, many of them do live in the shelters, and some do not take their meds (they tend to get kicked out eventually) because our state was one of those stupid ones that closed down all the psych wards.

Now, since you want to look at extremes we'll look at RLS ... explain how THAT requires drugs to cure ... :eusa_whistle:

The mental health field is doing better than it ever has in treating people with mental disorders that are so troublesome that people cannot even function without assistance. They do not use medication in every instance and a majority of the time they recommend medication in conjunction with other therapies. If the client doesn't assist in his/her own treatment it will fail.
Stick to advising people on computers.

The mental health field is doing better than it ever has in treating people with mental disorders that are so troublesome that people cannot even function without assistance. They do not use medication in every instance and a majority of the time they recommend medication in conjunction with other therapies. If the client doesn't assist in his/her own treatment it will fail.

I advise based on real life, and I can find at least 20 real life social workers who agree with me. They work with these people an average of 8 hours a day, some more. They see how we behave in real life, all the time, and many of them are sick of this "throw meds at the problem" idea that many doctors are pushing. But we have been off topic wy too long here.

I advise based on real life, and I can find at least 20 real life social workers who agree with me. They work with these people an average of 8 hours a day, some more. They see how we behave in real life, all the time, and many of them are sick of this "throw meds at the problem" idea that many doctors are pushing. But we have been off topic wy too long here.

Your advice is dangerous. Social workers :lol:
Again---because YOU weren't helped doesn't mean others won't be. Penicillin kills. Do you think we should ban it ?

Let's open another can of worms now, it just popped in my while reading dillo and KK's discussion.

What if somehow the meds/chemicals in the water are contributing to the higher incidents of autism? Nobody knows what causes it, maybe this could be ONE of the reasons.

Thoughts?

Let's open another can of worms now, it just popped in my while reading dillo and KK's discussion.

What if somehow the meds/chemicals in the water are contributing to the higher incidents of autism? Nobody knows what causes it, maybe this could be ONE of the reasons.

Thoughts?

Highly possible--could be a number of kinds of toxic exposures that cause it. Good thing there are at least some meds that can help the resulting behavioral nightmares.

There just may be:

AP IMPACT: Tons of released drugs taint US water

U.S. manufacturers, including major drugmakers, have legally released at least 271 million pounds of pharmaceuticals into waterways that often provide drinking water — contamination the federal government has consistently overlooked, according to an Associated Press investigation.

Hundreds of active pharmaceutical ingredients are used in a variety of manufacturing, including drugmaking: For example, lithium is used to make ceramics and treat bipolar disorder; nitroglycerin is a heart drug and also used in explosives; copper shows up in everything from pipes to contraceptives.

God, I bet people in Rush Limbaugh's town were getting stoned on the tap water, after Rush flushed all that oxycontin down the toilet before his arrest.

Forum List

Back