Can There Be Democracy Under Islam?

too much studies makes for an idiot as well. people need to get out into the real world and get a life.

too much studies makes for an idiot as well. people need to get out into the real world and get a life.

Atta and four other hijackers made at least six trips to Las Vegas in the months before the incident. They drank alcohol, gambled, paid for lap dances, etc. Go figure...

they werent just bullshitting?

ive got to back-track on my outlook on things:

in the face of great prosperity, muslims, above all other believers and non-believers, have the greatest propensity to be dumbfux, and take the greatest pride in that fact.

satisfied?

Atta and four other hijackers made at least six trips to Las Vegas in the months before the incident. They drank alcohol, gambled, paid for lap dances, etc. Go figure...

The answer to their paradoxical behavior is quite simple.

When you become a marytr in Islam. The instant you die. Your sins are totally washed away and you can enter paridise.

So some people who have committed themselves to becomeing a future marytr.

Indulge in acts of sin, because they know they will be totally forgiven when they complete their mission.

When you become a marytr in Islam. The instant you die. Your sins are totally washed away and you can enter paridise.

Indulge in acts of sin, because they know they will be totally forgiven when they complete their mission.

The problem is that they knew that what they were doing was sinful. They were, after all, in "Sin City".

Repentance with Allah is only for those who do evil in ignorance, then turn soon, so these it is to whom Allah turns. And Allah is ever Knowing, Wise. - 4:17​

Plus, like the oppressors, they chose civilian targets. What they believed to be an act of martyrdom was really a sin.

in the face of great prosperity, muslims, above all other believers and non-believers, have the greatest propensity to be dumbfux, and take the greatest pride in that fact.

satisfied?

One common factor shared by a number of the hijackers seemed to be social ineptitude; they were mostly loners. Atta, for example, was not allowed to play with other children in his neighborhood during his youth and remained quiet and aloof throughout most of his adult life. In this sense they're just like Harris, Klebold, Seung-Hui Cho, and other mass murderers.

The problem is that they knew that what they were doing was sinful. They were, after all, in "Sin City".

Repentance with Allah is only for those who do evil in ignorance, then turn soon, so these it is to whom Allah turns. And Allah is ever Knowing, Wise. - 4:17​

Plus, like the oppressors, they chose civilian targets. What they believed to be an act of martyrdom was really a sin.
I agree with you 100% Kalam.

I wasn't condoning their behavior.

I was just trying to explain their odd behavior.

Last edited:

there's a papal decree of martyrdom in effect for 1000 years whereby one could be up for sainthood on a crusade. i dunno when the last taker was.

what is the real answer to their paradoxical behavior whereby one would act on fundamental beliefs through murder in the face of living a virtuous and prosperous life, instead?

what is the real answer to their paradoxical behavior whereby one would act on fundamental beliefs through murder in the face of living a virtuous and prosperous life, instead?

It kind of reads like a sentence with a statement in the middle.

But then there is that puzzling question mark at the the end.

I wonder what it means??? :doubt:

Last edited:

satisfied?

One common factor shared by a number of the hijackers seemed to be social ineptitude; they were mostly loners. Atta, for example, was not allowed to play with other children in his neighborhood during his youth and remained quiet and aloof throughout most of his adult life. In this sense they're just like Harris, Klebold, Seung-Hui Cho, and other mass murderers.

the get a life factor... well, you cant sprinkle get a life dust on the muslim world, i guess the predator drone/tow missle thing is more reasonable??

i dont buy what you said earlier, that if there was no 'oppression' they'd be no beef or something like that. knowing people, theyll keep bitchin about america even if we werent there. it is bullshit that iranian congress chants death to america. talk about deflecting responsibility for your own malpractice.

It kind of reads like a sentence with a statement in the middle.

But then there is that puzzling question mark at the the end.

I wonder what it means??? :doubt:

it means WHY WOULD MUSLIMS BUY INTO THAT? ...all things considered.

my fam lived in kuwait, jiddah and yanbu dalbar [pardon the spelling?] when i was young. i have a few muslim friends; i spent 3wks living with a fam in egypt a few years back, yet no muslim ive ever met has been suicidally intent on harming anyone else... from my better judgement. you have insight on that?

better?

I agree with you 100% Kalam.

I wasn't condoning their behavior.

I was just trying to explain their odd behavior.
I understand, I was just chiming in. :razz:

I completely agree with the user "antagon" with the industry / job / wealth aspect.

Must there be "democracy"?
You just need an administrative system respecting certain principles.
In case of islamic societies such a system has foremost to utilize the potential of women. This is clearly priority Nr.1. To the restrictions for women in Islamic societies does also mix a big portion of tribal rules. So not all problems stem from religion.

If a system exists where women are meant to work during their life, the educational system does automatically improve as women then do not quit school after basic school but maybe go to lyceum or university. Such a mother can give her children a total different "experience", even if only health-issue related.

Women workforce does also mean more money for consumption and more production of goods for consumption. Reducing of poverty levels of families.
I am no feminist or so, but rationally most problems in Islamic societies do come from status of women.

Last edited:
i hadnt considered the gender issue outside of how desperate and clueless you'd have to be to smoke yourself to get at a pack of virgins.

i count women among many underexploited resources in the mid-east.

All the muslims talk and talk about how great islam is. Question, why do many the muslims want to migrate to countries where the leaders are Christian? Why wouldn't those muslims want to live under muslim leaders?

I get the whole improving your life and the future for your family, but if islam is so great, why don't muslim leaders lift up their citizens?

All the muslims talk and talk about how great islam is. Question, why do many the muslims want to migrate to countries where the leaders are Christian? Why wouldn't those muslims want to live under muslim leaders?

I get the whole improving your life and the future for your family, but if islam is so great, why don't muslim leaders lift up their citizens?

kalam will probably disagree, quoting all sorts of scripture, but i put it up to inept nouveau riche leadership and the religious opiate working in concert.

... i could fit that shoe on lots of feet.:eusa_think:

Forum List

Back