Can the west have a fact based rational review of Islam based on islamic scripture ?

So either people have to agree with you that Islam is the worst religion ever or you'll ignore them. Makes sense.

The point is their are extremist in every religion. Honestly Christians do not follow a strict religious lifestyle. The 5 points of Islam, the fundamental part of the religion, focuses on strict adherance to the Koran and to Allah. They even mention Moses and Jesus as prophets, but don't let facts get in the way of irrational hatred to something you don't understand.

You do not hold enough knowledge of Islamic scripture to participate in this discussion.
You are excluded .
You may send a a PM explaining a new found understanding of Islamic scripture in the future to be taken off ignore .
Thank you for reading the post.

You're just one more sorry example of the sort of anti-Muslim bigots out there who think if they can attach some sort of veneer of intellectualism and erudition to their bigotry that they can class it up a bit.

The Nazis jumped through the very same hoops to put the very same sort of veneer on their anti-Semitism.

So either people have to agree with you that Islam is the worst religion ever or you'll ignore them. Makes sense.

The point is their are extremist in every religion. Honestly Christians do not follow a strict religious lifestyle. The 5 points of Islam, the fundamental part of the religion, focuses on strict adherance to the Koran and to Allah. They even mention Moses and Jesus as prophets, but don't let facts get in the way of irrational hatred to something you don't understand.

You do not hold enough knowledge of Islamic scripture to participate in this discussion.
You are excluded .
You may send a a PM explaining a new found understanding of Islamic scripture in the future to be taken off ignore .
Thank you for reading the post.

Dude, are you for-real?

Cut them some slack. I seriously doubt the United States Messageboard is a target-rich environment for anyone looking for Islamic scholars.

I would like to have a different kind of conversation, Everyone seems to have an opinion about Islam .I have studied it in debt to arrive at mine.
At this point Im asking if anyone feels qualified to have a dispassionate discussion with out flying off into tangents irrelevant tangents .

Most dont seem to understand the OP.

To put it simply no we can't. Any Criticism, or Examination of Islamic Scripture will be attacked as islamaphobia. The Other on CNN I watched a Muslim women talking about how Scripture has been taken out of context and twisted to support Terrorism, and even she was treated with Disdain by the so called Reporter. He acted as if she was Nothing but another White Racist Islamaphobe trying to say all Muslims were terrorists.

When even a Muslim is attacked, and smeared, for speaking out about Islam and violence you know we will never be able to have a rational Discussion about the subject in this country.

if one claims the scripture was twisted to support terrorism that begs for proof .
I spent years looking for it, it isnt there.
The claim should have produced a nightly News series .

Maybe you should try looking in the Hadith.

I have read Brills encyclopedia of Islam
Bukhari, Muslim , Malik, Dawud Hadith Collections
the SUNY translation of Al tabari's Ta'rikh collection
It is not for lack of trying , Do you know how to spell the fuck in proof ?

No it cannot. Mostly becasue many in the West have delibretly blurred the lines between the Radical Islamics and the normal Arab Muslims.

(Not to mention there is no proof of God/Allah/Yehew found in any scripture. Hence it is not a fact based document, so it's going to be hard to have a fact based review of any of it's tenets.)

(Not to mention there is no proof of God/Allah/Yehew found in any scripture. Hence it is not a fact based document, so it's going to be hard to have a fact based review of any of it's tenets.)

We could have a fact based view on the history of the religion, and what those tenants are. As opposed to the fear based view that Islam is "kill the infidel."

You want a religious discussion free of emotion, with only intellectual responses?

That not only goes against what you'll see on this board, goes against the overwhelming nature of the current batch of humans we have on earth.

We could have a fact based view on the history of the religion, and what those tenants are. As opposed to the fear based view that Islam is "kill the infidel."

Yes a fact based review of the historical facts could be helpful.

No it cannot. Mostly becasue many in the West have delibretly blurred the lines between the Radical Islamics and the normal Arab Muslims.

Most muslims are not arab nor do they live in the ME.
In general the texts are clear, there are some interreligious differences that have no bearing on non muslims .
The veracity of Islam is not in question.

But you are willing to let the chips fall were they may without fingerpointing at other faiths .

Forum List

Back