Can the US intercept missiles?

There are possible explanations for why the missiles were not intercepted:

Two types were used, the Fateh 313, that could have avoided interception with a high velocity and Qiam, that has a small radar signature and possibly has electronic measures that apply a "ghost missile" for the hostile radar.

Análisis revela por qué EEUU no pudo interceptar misiles de Irán
A question remains whether there was an order to intercept the missiles. I think there wasn't.

Because of the location of those bases, there was no missile defense system in place at the time of the attack. You could order an intercept, but if you had no equipment to do it, how would that work?
Well, of course if there weren't these systems there, then such an order would be meaningless.

But my point wasn't about that. Let's imagine, if there were such systems and they intercepted all Iranian missiles (or the vast majority),) then what would have happened? The Iranian regime wouldn't be satisfied and they would seek another way for revenge. This could lead to another attacks and further escalation.

And what we have now? All are satisfied. The US got rid of powerful enemy with insignificant backlash; the Iranian regime was able to save their face.

If the was a possibility for such an order, it may well be that it wouldn't be given.

Why would the Iranians not be satisfied that their weapons were intercepted vice the fact that they did very little damage and caused no casualties?

The result would be exactly the same. All you have is a speculation that Trump would knowingly sacrifice troops lives? Is that what you are really asking?

No, not a chance in hell.
Beause in this case they can claim about their victory with 80 dead servicemen and other stuff.

The precautions were taken beforehand, so there couldn't be any sacrificing. And of course there weren't any intentions to do it. Don't try to put this nonsense in my words.

There are possible explanations for why the missiles were not intercepted:

Two types were used, the Fateh 313, that could have avoided interception with a high velocity and Qiam, that has a small radar signature and possibly has electronic measures that apply a "ghost missile" for the hostile radar.

Análisis revela por qué EEUU no pudo interceptar misiles de Irán
A question remains whether there was an order to intercept the missiles. I think there wasn't.

Because of the location of those bases, there was no missile defense system in place at the time of the attack. You could order an intercept, but if you had no equipment to do it, how would that work?
Well, of course if there weren't these systems there, then such an order would be meaningless.

But my point wasn't about that. Let's imagine, if there were such systems and they intercepted all Iranian missiles (or the vast majority),) then what would have happened? The Iranian regime wouldn't be satisfied and they would seek another way for revenge. This could lead to another attacks and further escalation.

And what we have now? All are satisfied. The US got rid of powerful enemy with insignificant backlash; the Iranian regime was able to save their face.

If the was a possibility for such an order, it may well be that it wouldn't be given.

Why would the Iranians not be satisfied that their weapons were intercepted vice the fact that they did very little damage and caused no casualties?

The result would be exactly the same. All you have is a speculation that Trump would knowingly sacrifice troops lives? Is that what you are really asking?

Beause in this case they can claim about their victory with 80 dead servicemen and other stuff.

The precautions were taken beforehand, so there couldn't be any sacrificing. And of course there weren't any intentions to do it. Don't try to put this nonsense in my words.

They lie. What difference does the truth mean? They are too chickenshit to meet us on the field of combat because they don't want their Air Force, Navy and missile defenses wiped off the face of the earth.

They lie. What difference does the truth mean? They are too chickenshit to meet us on the field of combat because they don't want their Air Force, Navy and missile defenses wiped off the face of the earth.
Yes, they lie. But virtually, they don't have a choice. You can call the mullahs everything you want, but they certainly aren't idiots. They understand that a full scale war will mean their demise and that is why they warned the US through Baghdad about the attack.

Yes, they lie. But virtually, they don't have a choice. You can call the mullahs everything you want, but they certainly aren't idiots. They understand that a full scale war will mean their demise and that is why they warned the US through Baghdad about the attack.

The Iraqis warned us. The Iranians did not.

The Iraqis warned us. The Iranians did not.
Yes, but the Iranians warned the Iraqis. And something tells me they were sure that Bagdad would share the information with the US.

Do any of you believe we have more advanced weapons that will be used if needed in a situation of must? We have spent a lot of money on black budget projects over many decades. Either we have something or this money was put into the known tech products we already have or into the general fund.

Due to the failure of the Patriot systems, US troops refuse to go back to the Balad air base, it is empty.

http://avia.pro/news/evakuirovannye-s-aviabazy-v-irake-amerikanskie-voennye-otka - Pastebin.com
This link leads nowhere.
Copy and paste the link shown in the pastebin. It is not compatible with USMB´s character rules.
I see, a Russian source :blahblah:
Your source contradicts itself, btw. It is said there that the base is completely destroyed, but on the video I didn't see any destructions whatsoever.

It resembles me a similar crap which was circulated on Russian sites 5 or so years ago. About the Donald Cook. I wonder whoever of the Americans ever heard it?

Due to the failure of the Patriot systems, US troops refuse to go back to the Balad air base, it is empty.

http://avia.pro/news/evakuirovannye-s-aviabazy-v-irake-amerikanskie-voennye-otka - Pastebin.com
This link leads nowhere.
Copy and paste the link shown in the pastebin. It is not compatible with USMB´s character rules.
Your source contradicts itself, btw. It is said there that the base is completely destroyed, but on the video I didn't see any destructions whatsoever.

It resembles me a similar crap which was circulated on Russian sites 5 or so years ago. About the Donald Cook. I wonder whoever of the Americans ever heard it?
It says:
"Such information was provided by the Iraqi Internet community, and the information itself is indirectly confirmed by the American side, in particular, a day earlier, during a second rocket attack on the Balad air base, in Washington, they unexpectedly stated that there were no American troops at this facility."

This link leads nowhere.

It says:
"Such information was provided by the Iraqi Internet community, and the information itself is indirectly confirmed by the American side, in particular, a day earlier, during a second rocket attack on the Balad air base, in Washington, they unexpectedly stated that there were no American troops at this facility."
So, it says also that the base is destroyed completely, but the video they provided shows no destruction at all.

This link leads nowhere.

It says:
So, it says also that the base is destroyed completely, but the video they provided shows no destruction at all.
I should correct myself. It says virtually destroyed. But in Russian it means virtually the same.

You know your posts are shit when you have to reply to yourself begging for comments.
You guys went nuts when that question occurred. Now you have a video that shows Iranian missiles being intercepted and there is just silence here.
What comments do you want? Your link leads to video with 31 viewers.

Is this video real at all? Who told you that it shows the American base being attacked by the Iranians?

If I remember correctly, the attack happened around 2 am. It is the middle of the night, virtually. But your video shows something like a dawn.

Forum List

Back