Can the next president and congress repair the damage done by Obama in one term?

How long will it take?

• One term

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Two terms

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • If the gop has complete control one congressional session

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Your an idiot, Obama is going to win

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters
No and neither could Obama have undone the damage done by previous administrations for the last 3 decades. Even if he had tried by the proper steps which he did not. He took the more of the same approach.

Even if Obama had taken the ‘proper steps,’ it would have had little or no effect - the economy will recover in its own way in its own time.

And there are actually very few ‘steps’ a president can take, given he’s not a dictator. He can make proposals to Congress, but ultimately it’s up to the Legislative branch to address economic issues.

Tragically, it’s the responsibility of both branches of government to address the needs of the nation; the House and Senate working together, democrats and republicans of both houses working together.

This isn’t the failure of a given president or legislative body, it’s a collective failure, with the voters as much a part of the problem as government.
The ONLY way the economy will recover is Government getting the Hell out of the way...period.

I think the GOP got the message. They were elected to stop Obama not compromise with his bullshit spending policies. They've done just that.

Keep telling yourself that's why they were elected, and maybe it will come true.
Just as the moochers vote for Democrats...promises spoken...mooching upheld...plantation intact.

keep blaming this president for not fixing the GOP's mess quickly enough.

goofy...

Bush was a big spending idiot too. Having said that he can't institute policies that effect our problem. Obama can but won't. It's that simple. He said he could fix it in 3 years. He failed. Not only did he fail he made it worse.

I don't care what party your in, if you vote for big spending bills your in my crosshairs.

keep blaming this president for not fixing the GOP's mess quickly enough.

goofy...

Bush was a big spending idiot too. Having said that he can't institute policies that effect our problem. Obama can but won't. It's that simple. He said he could fix it in 3 years. He failed. Not only did he fail he made it worse.

I don't care what party your in, if you vote for big spending bills your in my crosshairs.
*We are broke.

I think the GOP got the message. They were elected to stop Obama not compromise with his bullshit spending policies. They've done just that.

Keep telling yourself that's why they were elected, and maybe it will come true.

I don't have to tell myself that. That's why I and everyone I know that votes republican voted the way we did. You keep telling yourself why I and others like me voted and maybe it will come true.

You see unlike you I didn't vote on rhetoric. I voted for the action I wanted not some stupid campaign slogan. Grow up.

No and neither could Obama have undone the damage done by previous administrations for the last 3 decades. Even if he had tried by the proper steps which he did not. He took the more of the same approach.

Even if Obama had taken the ‘proper steps,’ it would have had little or no effect - the economy will recover in its own way in its own time.

And there are actually very few ‘steps’ a president can take, given he’s not a dictator. He can make proposals to Congress, but ultimately it’s up to the Legislative branch to address economic issues.

Tragically, it’s the responsibility of both branches of government to address the needs of the nation; the House and Senate working together, democrats and republicans of both houses working together.

This isn’t the failure of a given president or legislative body, it’s a collective failure, with the voters as much a part of the problem as government.
The ONLY way the economy will recover is Government getting the Hell out of the way...period.

oh boy! corporate america sure likes you!:clap2:

oh boy! corporate america sure likes you!:clap2:
And so does every small business owner (that does MOST hiring in this nation) that is strapped by Gubmint policy...

How long do you think it is going to take to unwind this mess the liberals in DC have created since they took over in 2006?
From Ocare to the EPA the damage is broad. Can it be done in one term?

We've got lots of issues. Reagan came into office--and we didn't really even start to see a turn-around in our economy until he was there for 2-1/2 years. We have deficits from here to eternity to deal with--plus all these unnecessary regulations that have a boot on the throats of business in this country--and consumer confidence. Property values are in the tank--so it's going to take two terms--after this moron is long gone to put us back on the path of good sound economic vitality.

Logically speaking, Obama has proved he isn't up to the task. Also, GOP and the Dems showed their true colors by putting politics over country.
The only thing that could repair the damage done by these political incompetents, is to reject all of them.

Bush and the Pubs caused the Depression. the Pubs in congress have ruined the recovery.The recovery will continue when the pubs start compromising and cooperating, and stop fear mongering- otherwise, will take Obama another term. Go Perry!!

Last edited:
At least two terms of deregulation and getting corporate taxes down to get a healthy steadily growing economy. Also the sooner we are rid of Obamacare the better off we will be.

I don't have to tell myself that. That's why I and everyone I know that votes republican voted the way we did. You keep telling yourself why I and others like me voted and maybe it will come true.

You see unlike you I didn't vote on rhetoric. I voted for the action I wanted not some stupid campaign slogan. Grow up.

No response stupid?

Forum List

Back