Can The Left Stifle Opposition?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Annie, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Most of the regulars here know that I read and post at blogs on a regular basis. One of the ones I read most often, but rarely 'quote' here, because well it doesn't 'travel' well, is protein wisdom. The owner is bright and his commenters equal or surpassing. But you have to 'understand the comments...btw, links at most of the sites:

I sometimes refer to the 'moonbats' on the left. These are usually harmless, ineffectual creatures. However, there are some that are truly mad. Jeff has been dealing with the 'not so tolerant/nice lefties':

http://instapundit.com/archives/031316.php
    http://instapundit.com/archives/031327.php
    http://www.blackfive.net/main/2006/07/a_new_low.html#more

http://www.blackfive.net/main/2006/07/c_ya_wouldnt_wa.html
    There's lots more throughout the blogosphere, but it's redundant. When the 'right' is upset, they post and contact representatives and MSM. When the left gets out of joint, their MO is DOS attacks, just like the jihadis.

None of this is as petty or insignificant as it seems, as it could lead to the government taking control of the internet.

2. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,718
    wow....

I think most liberals like this belong in an asylum.

3. PsuedoGhost

PsuedoGhost Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15
    When the "right" is upset, they bomb abortion clinics, etc etc. For god's sake, lets stop this hypocritical bs, please? There are extremists on either side of the political spectrum and as surely as I do not associate with this whacko, I have to wonder what kind of items he is putting on his website to prompt this kind of behavior.

Surely the professor will get his/hers and rightfully so, but please can we stop the partisan hate fest? I've had enough of it.

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770

Well asshat, how many 'abortion clinic bombings' have there been? The last one? Who applauded or called justified? Not so in the case I was speaking of.

One could easily interpret her comments as a threat to a two year old, but let's grant it was hyperbole. Shouldn't you be condemning that, instead of finding excuses?

What of the DOS attacks? Another deserving case? You are now considered a troll. :trolls:

5. PsuedoGhost

PsuedoGhost Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Completely missed the point.

Did I say it was acceptable? The point is, that if they were threats he would most definitely have taken legal action against her, or whomever it is. Read the actual quotes instead of whats been cherry picked out for you. Not once does the "psycho professor" threaten the child directly.

Does that make it ok? NO! Whoever is responsible is reprehensible for discussing such things, but you know what other people do the same thing every god damn day on the internet. I don't see you chiding them for it.

Leap before you look much? Whos to say the DOS attacks are being caused by liberals? Huh?

Again, I am not condoning this person's actions. I'm merely questioning where the fuck the evidence is? Why has he not gone to law enforcement?

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    No I didn't.
    I did, you can't unless you were aware of them before the 2nd DOS attack. You want a literal, "I'm going to sexually abuse and kill your child" to qualify for a threat. Ok, her references to be Jon Boneted, aren't a thread? Ok. (I'm not sure these were included in the above posts, but in any case, it doesn't take a genius to make that leap.)
    then you really haven't read much of what I've posted. I slam anyone that makes threats; be it Palis, Iranians, anti-semites, etc.
    Another Einstein moment, check out her site, dickwad.
    According to the Dr., he has. She has already been contacted by the FBI. :duh3: If you check her site, while blaming the 'rabid right' she has decided to tender her resignation, apologized with caveates, and all in all displayed the regular victim mentality of the left.

7. Otter_Creek

Otter_Creek worst president ever

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +144
    Damn! You're really pretty when you get mad!
    :kiss2: :salute:

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Why thank you! :laugh:

For the idiot's edification:

http://www.indcjournal.com/archives/002646.php

9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Concern about the Blogosphere. Needless to say, many links:

http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2006/07/i_hope_this_doe.html

10. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    Ah - so he DESERVED it. Thank you, Profess...er, sorry - EX-Professor Ward Churchill!