Can the Democrat Party recover from Obama?

HenryBHough

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Oak Grove, Massachusetts
Since the two-party system is (for better or for worse) part of what defines America then it seems likely that The Democrat Party can, one day, recover. That's because Obama has failed at everything He has ever attempted and He is certainly doing his best to ensure that no Democrat is elected, in 2014, to any honestly contested position. His record shows that He will fail and some might be elected.

But only because some Democrat candidates distance themselves from Him entirely.

The stink is so bad that today, in one battleground state, The Democrat Party has withdrawn it's gubernatorial nominee and will not even try to overcome the stench. So, who says they're entirely stupid?

Congress emerged from the fiscal cliff debate with a 7% approval rating, with 81% of voters disapproving of it. But the two parties aren't going in for equal blame. While the Democrats in Congress aren't popular (-12 at 38/50) their approval rating is a net 48 points better than their Republican counterparts (-60 at 15/75).The Republicans in Congress have only a 25/61 approval rating even with the GOP base, suggesting the potential for 2014 to bring a lot of primary challenges.

Images of NRA Congressional Republicans on the decline - Public Policy Polling

Why are Republicans so concerned with Obama when they have a 7% approval rating? That makes the GOP about as popular as swine flu.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likesit." - George Bernard Shaw

Congress emerged from the fiscal cliff debate with a 7% approval rating, with 81% of voters disapproving of it. But the two parties aren't going in for equal blame. While the Democrats in Congress aren't popular (-12 at 38/50) their approval rating is a net 48 points better than their Republican counterparts (-60 at 15/75).The Republicans in Congress have only a 25/61 approval rating even with the GOP base, suggesting the potential for 2014 to bring a lot of primary challenges.

Why are Republicans so concerned with Obama when they have a 7% approval rating? That makes the GOP about as popular as swine flu.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likesit." - George Bernard Shaw
With a reelection rate of nearly 95%, the approval rating of the Congress is a wholly worthless statistic that rates right up there with which college will I send My son to if the Chi Bears win the Superbowl this year.

Obama brought the Tea Party out of the woodwork. -

and they have been floundering ever since, gasping to return themselves to a state of security they never deserved originally and hopefully never find again.

Obama brought the Tea Party out of the woodwork. -

and they have been floundering ever since, gasping to return themselves to a state of security they never deserved originally and hopefully never find again.

And most of them were thrown back into the asylums...

With a reelection rate of nearly 95%, the approval rating of the Congress is a wholly worthless statistic that rates right up there with which college will I send My son to if the Chi Bears win the Superbowl this year.

Exactly right. The American idiot keeps bitching about Congress, then reelecting their congressperson.

There is some cause for alarm if you're the Democrats. The GOP is in much worse shape nationally and is on the verge of becoming a regional party occupying only the rural areas or those that lack any sort of sophistication. Both are fine except the rural and ungifted hordes usually lack significant monies so eventually it begins to snowball.

Also working against the GOP is the current winner take all nature of our elections.You have some "blue" states that have red state houses.

As for the Democrats, it's easy to feel you should capitalize and sell yourself as the anti-crazy by going in the opposite direction; thinking that if the voters find one extreme repugnant, you portray yourself as the opposite extreme. In most cases, the best course is the steer toward the middle and let the right wing run out of bullets or toes...whichever comes first.

The Pelosi brand of liberalism is a loser long-term for the Democrats. The Pelosi warchest is a something to covet but stressing what types of plastic a butcher may use to wrap their product is something most Americans feel is a bridge too far. And there are dozens of examples like that. The Dems have 2016 set up very nicely and from what I've briefly read, 2018 looks like it could be a great year for them too with Flake and McCain likely both out of the Senate in Arizona et. al. The sooner Pelosi and her brand of liberalism is sent packing; the better.

Exactly right. The American idiot keeps bitching about Congress, then reelecting their congressperson.

That is what I can never understand....

I find it very curious on one post a right winger will be saying "Obama is destroying America!" and then the next, like this one, is saying "He's failed at everything he tries to do"

It sure would be nice if we didn't have to recover from presidencies.

That's two in a row now.

One more and it may not matter.

Bush isn't a failed President.
images

Forum List

Back