Can the American public sue congressmen?

buddhallah_the_christ

Dec 4, 2014
Are you tired of lie being fed by politicians?
With all the ads of congressmen/women promising different things if elected, I got to wondering, if they don't hold up to what they promised can the American public sue them for it?
Like false advertising or something?
It is a high time to oppose any lie in our political system.

No way, I guess they have some kind of integrity. Besides, which one of judges will respond adequately and will be ready to initiate so loud proceedings?

With all the ads of congressmen/women promising different things if elected, I got to wondering, if they don't hold up to what they promised can the American public sue them for it?

Have proposed holding political candidates liable for campaign promises or recall themf rom office if they don't follow through within a reasonable amount of time, but no one ever listens. :)

You can sue a congressperson if that person caused you personal harm (hit you with their car) but you cannot sue Congress. You can sue over a law to have it declared unconstitutional thus overriding an act of Congress.

You can sue a congressperson if that person caused you personal harm (hit you with their car) but you cannot sue Congress. You can sue over a law to have it declared unconstitutional thus overriding an act of Congress.
An attorney think its possible and has purposefully selected a court to do it in.

The suit was against McConnell and Boehner for failing to call an Article V convention.

I'm going to find out what happened to the case.

Friends Of the Article V Convention

ON EDIT:
I've done some research to find that the courts are basically colluding with congress in a predictable fashion. Sibley however is doing an excellent job of proving their, as well as congressional non/mal feasance.

http://montgomeryblairsibley.com/library/OppMDismiss.pdf

Take note and prepare to assemble accordingly in defense of the principles of the republic.

Last edited:
Sadly, no you can't! The law protects them in their lies, and trust me when I tell you that you have already been flagged by Homeland.

While they are not Nazis, the only way to get them out is by YOU getting involved. Changing over 1 or 10 is not enough. The monikers we put on them as far as Dem or Repub is ridiculous.

Just find an honest person, hold their feet to the fire until reinforcements show up, and you will be well served.

Sadly, no you can't! The law protects them in their lies, and trust me when I tell you that you have already been flagged by Homeland.

While they are not Nazis, the only way to get them out is by YOU getting involved. Changing over 1 or 10 is not enough. The monikers we put on them as far as Dem or Repub is ridiculous.

Just find an honest person, hold their feet to the fire until reinforcements show up, and you will be well served.

I agree with the ridiculousness of partisanship, however, I've been marked by those that created DHS long before DHS.

You are using "all or nothing thinking", which is a distortion. Critical thinking cannot be done with distortions.

You might be surprised at how many do relate to nazis through operation paperclip. However, very few things are all one way or another. A little of both inhabits most things.

Accordingly, amongst all of those you describe, there is a potential appreciation for what is right. A comprehension of how that is to manifest might not exist, but the basic appreciation is there. I appeal to that, and you could too, but you must abandon cognitive distortions and embrace critical thinking.

Doing that with the intentions of the framers of the founding documents engages natural law in the hearts and minds of those perceiving your words. Such, changes a great deal.

Dear buddhallah_the_christ
I think we could start a movement suing political PARTIES over their campaigns, legislation and lobbying that is unconstitutional and discrimination by creed, and argue it is conspiring to violate equal civil rights of
people with other political and religious beliefs being punished, harassed, censored or excluded unlawfully from our equal rights to representation, defense of our beliefs and consent, and free exercise of our values that are equal.

As for anyone in govt office, there is the IMMUNITY that has to be beaten.
This is very hard to do legally.

Better to set up terms of agreements IN ADVANCE where the govt set up
does not allow people in office to violate civil and constitutional rights and then depend on "suing afterwards"
to "restore" these rights, as we have now.

We should write stronger Constitutional enforcements where if any CONTESTED issue comes up with Constitutional rights, beliefs, conflicts in values and ethics complaints, then BEFORE going through lawsuits,
there should be a GRIEVANCE process to allow support for mediation and conflict resolution to reach a consensus.

There should be means to check govt directly without relying on "winning a lawsuit" first.
Otherwise people are not protected equally.

I think you are on the right track, but the intervention would have to come BEFORE it gets to lawsuits and court "after the fact"

We need to be able to address conflicts IN ADVANCE.

Forum List

Back