Can something create itself?

I've already demonstrated that your argument is a contradiction. If everything has to have a cause, then what caused God? If God doesn't need a cause, then why does the universe?

Nothing can cause itself to come into existence . Everything in our realm exists because another caused it to exist.
What caused God?

Nothing.

So you admit your theory that everything has a cause is wrong.

No. Everything in our realm or "universe" requires a cause. God is not confined to our realm. Think of us as characters in a video game and God is the guy that created the game.
Oh, so now your inventing different universes. The universe is the universe. It's everything that exists. You can't say the rules of logic apply to this "realm," but not to some other "realm." In fact, God is part of the universe, if he exists. So the claim that God created the universe is absurd on its face.

The idea that some gaseous vertebrate with a penis created the universe is a primitive idea leftover from the neolithic period. Civilized humans don't believe such obvious tripe.

Nothing can cause itself to come into existence . Everything in our realm exists because another caused it to exist.
What caused God?

Nothing.

So you admit your theory that everything has a cause is wrong.

No. Everything in our realm or "universe" requires a cause. God is not confined to our realm. Think of us as characters in a video game and God is the guy that created the game.
Oh, so now your inventing different universes. The universe is the universe. It's everything that exists. You can't say the rules of logic apply to this "realm," but not to some other "realm." In fact, God is part of the universe, if he exists. So the claim that God created the universe is absurd on its face.

The idea that some gaseous vertebrate with a penis created the universe is a primitive idea leftover from the neolithic period. Civilized humans don't believe such obvious tripe.

We exist in the physical realm. God created this realm. In any event, you sound angry. Perhaps we can exchange ideas again in the future.

The Big Bang indicates a beginning. Also, what created all of the energy in the universe? And is the energy in the universe infinite?
The total energy of the universe is zero (within round-off error.) The positive energy of mass is (roughly) balanced by the negative potential energy of gravity.

The Big Bang indicates a beginning. Also, what created all of the energy in the universe? And is the energy in the universe infinite?
The total energy of the universe is zero (within round-off error.) The positive energy of mass is (roughly) balanced by the negative potential energy of gravity.

I don't buy the claim that the energy in the universe is infinite. It's another "Anything but God" theory.

[
Think of us as characters in a video game and God is the guy that created the game.
Why?

It's an analogy.
What makes you think it's valid?

Like God, the computer programmer is not confined to the "world" he created.

The universe is everything that exists. That includes God.

The universe is physical, God is not.

I particular enjoy a new theory that the universe has always existed. The universe starts to shrink and then it collapses in itself and it becomes an infinitely dense point again.
Also, I started a thread this morning talking about how some black holes expanded so fast, it defies the theory of the age of the universe.
Something to think about besides the 10,000 year old rhetoric that "god had to do it. there is no other explanation"

It's an analogy.

Photons are also not physical.

I hope you open your heart and your mind to the reality of your creator. After all, he created you and gave you life, eternal life, if you want it.

I have yet to have an atheist answer this question when it's part of a debate about evolution vs Creation. They claim to revere science, which agrees that it is indeed impossible for something to create itself. It violates the law of causality. They cannot answer yes to this question, because they will look like a fool. They cannot answer no, because it lends credence to the argument that the universe was created. Simple logic. It can't create itself, so it had to have been created. Why are atheist so afraid of such a simple truth?
What your thoughts on the Hawaiian islands? God still hard at work or what?

I have yet to have an atheist answer this question when it's part of a debate about evolution vs Creation. They claim to revere science, which agrees that it is indeed impossible for something to create itself. It violates the law of causality. They cannot answer yes to this question, because they will look like a fool. They cannot answer no, because it lends credence to the argument that the universe was created. Simple logic. It can't create itself, so it had to have been created. Why are atheist so afraid of such a simple truth?
What your thoughts on the Hawaiian islands? God still hard at work or what?

The islands were caused to exist. What caused the universe to exist? Did it cause itself?

Photons are also not physical.

I hope you open your heart and your mind to the reality of your creator. After all, he created you and gave you life, eternal life, if you want it.
Which creator, Zues? Isis? Huitzilopochtli?
https://www.thoughtco.com/huitzilopochtli-aztec-god-of-the-sun-171229

I have yet to have an atheist answer this question when it's part of a debate about evolution vs Creation. They claim to revere science, which agrees that it is indeed impossible for something to create itself.../.
OK
I'll bite Padre.
Who created god? (and WHICH/WITCH god was that?)
Or is magic just OK for your assumptions/creations?

It's just another ILLogical 'godofthegaps'/'goddidit'argument.
And the Most Logical answer is.. "we don't know"/"we don't know yet."
Just like it was for the false, Fire, Lightning/Fertility 'gods' who were created for things people didn't understand ... YET.
`

I have yet to have an atheist answer this question when it's part of a debate about evolution vs Creation. They claim to revere science, which agrees that it is indeed impossible for something to create itself.../.
OK
I'll bite Padre.

Just like it was for the false, Fire, Lightning/Fertility 'gods' who were created for things people didn't understand ... YET.
`

Something had to come first. What or who was it?

OK
I'll bite Padre.

`

Something had to come first. What or who was it?

That's the old "first cause" argument, which has already been exploded 10,000 times.

Forum List

Back