Can someone tell me why...

Moi

Sep 2, 2003
The ONLY GOOD place
Quincy Carter was dropped from the cowboys? If it was drugs, as speculated, why only one failed test? Crime...heck that's practically a prerequesite. What could this guy have done to get booted off the team the first time??

Moi said:
Quincy Carter was dropped from the cowboys? If it was drugs, as speculated, why only one failed test? Crime...heck that's practically a prerequesite. What could this guy have done to get booted off the team the first time??

As an avid Cowboy fan, I can tell you that Bill stated early on what his rules are and that, if you break them, you are gone. Parcels is a disciplinarian and that is something the Cowboys have been missing ever since Jimmy left.

there was some talk late last nite that carter MAY NOT actually be gone. To Parcells and Johnson the issue is still up in the air.

DKSuddeth said:
there was some talk late last nite that carter MAY NOT actually be gone. To Parcells and Johnson the issue is still up in the air.

I listen to WBAP 820 (a DFW station) online and I just heard them talking about this. Not only does it seem that he is might be coming back, quite the controversy is starting to swell. It will be interesting to see how things play out.

freeandfun1 said:
I listen to WBAP 820 (a DFW station) online and I just heard them talking about this. Not only does it seem that he is might be coming back, quite the controversy is starting to swell. It will be interesting to see how things play out.

I stream that station at work and listen in the car on my way to and from work.

DKSuddeth said:
I stream that station at work and listen in the car on my way to and from work.

i grew up listening to it when it was a country and western station. i grew up just west of Ft. Worth.

All the reports here in NY are pretty clear that he's off...no ifs, ands or buts. I know Parcels is a stickler for discipline but he put up with LT and Keyshawn Johnson...why so drastic now.

Not that I'm complaining...quite the opposite. I think many of these people should be losing their jobs for screwing up. But, it just seems odd that no comments were made and although he's had one prior positive test, he's never been suspended for a short length of time...to be cut from the team entirely seems so harsh in comparison to the other people who get away with murder (literally!)

Moi said:
All the reports here in NY are pretty clear that he's off...no ifs, ands or buts. I know Parcels is a stickler for discipline but he put up with LT and Keyshawn Johnson...why so drastic now.

Not that I'm complaining...quite the opposite. I think many of these people should be losing their jobs for screwing up. But, it just seems odd that no comments were made and although he's had one prior positive test, he's never been suspended for a short length of time...to be cut from the team entirely seems so harsh in comparison to the other people who get away with murder (literally!)

Frankly, I think they might have used the "drug" violation as an excuse to cut him and not have to pay him. But I might be wrong. Actually, they are not being very clear about WHY he was cut. They have not officially said it was because of drugs.

freeandfun1 said:
Frankly, I think they might have used the "drug" violation as an excuse to cut him and not have to pay him. But I might be wrong. Actually, they are not being very clear about WHY he was cut. They have not officially said it was because of drugs.
I know, that's what I mean. There's something funny going on there- I didn't think he was a bad player so why the need to cut him from the team...just trade him? This way it puts a pretty big cloud on him. He may deserve it, I don't know.

Oh well, I'd just have like to find out that someone's got some decency (the team in this case) and fired him for the right reasons...doesn't send a message if no one knows why he was fired.

Moi said:
I know, that's what I mean. There's something funny going on there- I didn't think he was a bad player so why the need to cut him from the team...just trade him? This way it puts a pretty big cloud on him. He may deserve it, I don't know.

Oh well, I'd just have like to find out that someone's got some decency (the team in this case) and fired him for the right reasons...doesn't send a message if no one knows why he was fired.

By cutting him, they avoid a "quarterback controversy". I am not sure about his salary, but it could be possible his salary was too high and they may have needed more room under the cap.

I personally think it's vintage Parcell...No way will he go with Vinny to start the season. Carter will be back with guns a blazin'....He might be a good pick up as a reserve qb in fantasy football if your looking for a number 2 qb.

Forum List

Back