Can someone tell me what this is called?

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
I bought these in the sewing section of Walmart in Dyersburg TN about 3 years ago. My nephew said he would like to have one, but I haven't seen any in Walmart since and I don't know what to google on Amazon to find them.
thingy001.jpg

Those are factory thread snips, used in the garment industry Sunshine.

Take care not to cut yourself on the razor-sharp blades, though. :)

Those are factory thread snips, used in the garment industry Sunshine.

Take care not to cut yourself on the razor-sharp blades, though. :)

Thanks. I just sent you a PM to look. Didn't know you already had. They are useful. My nephew who has done several of my projects thought he would like to have a set, but I didn't know what they were called. And I haven't seen any at wally world since.

I bought these in the sewing section of Walmart in Dyersburg TN about 3 years ago. My nephew said he would like to have one, but I haven't seen any in Walmart since and I don't know what to google on Amazon to find them.
thingy001.jpg

scissors

good lord

:razz:
Some factory lord back when noticed it took a long time for his helpers to pick up a pair of scissors and cut each garment apart as she went, to ready her stack for the seamstress at the next table. So the snips fit in one hand to enable the user to manipulate fabric going under a 5,000 spm factory Pfaff to speed through the day. It likely enabled the individual worker to put out 80% more stuff than those stuck with scissors pickup, snip, lay down, sew, pick up scissors, snip, lay scissors down, etc.

:)

thingy001.jpg

Oh that's a Polish Army knife !

That is a pair of Foreskin Snippers. Just about every Pediatric Surgeon in the country has a pair of those in his top desk drawer.

That is a pair of Foreskin Snippers. Just about every Pediatric Surgeon in the country has a pair of those in his top desk drawer.

I actually saw that procedure done when I was in nursing school. God! I couldn't believe I had let them do that to my little baby boy!~

Forum List

Back