CDZ Can someone please describe White Privilege in specific terms?

Do Canadians have "white privilege"? If not, why not?

Do Mexicans have "brown privilege"? If not, why not?

Most Canada Canadians in America probably do enjoy white privilege. Besides on here I do not hear many people bashing ppl from Canada.

Mexicans and brown privilege...I have never been to Mexico. There may be a little resentment to their neighbors from the North who forcibly took Texas and large parts of the Southwest from them in the 19th Century. Not sure if there are really enough white Americans applying for jobs at Fiat plants on Mexico to study this though. My guess is the first few slip by as novelties, then there is some pushback.
Thanks for the entertainment of you dodging and weaving.

Only Canadians in America enjoy white privilege? WTF?

I especially liked how you tried to spin it all back on those nasty Americans. So, no "brown privilege" in Mexico except for those nasty gringos who stole their land? LOL

Lol, really, Mexicans may have some resentment towards America thanks to the 19th Century land grabs. Go look up "los ninos heroes" of all cognate phrases.

And not ONLY Canada Canadians get white privilege in America if I must be more clear.

At work in America where companies with racist hiring practices just HAD to hire a minority person and preferably a woman to make an office not look like a WASP convention.

Thanks for proving my point.

We can find common ground.

You seem to agree racist pigs did and still do give preferential treatment to white applicants.

I agree the government steps in with a not so gentle hand and tries to balance it.

Most Canada Canadians in America probably do enjoy white privilege. Besides on here I do not hear many people bashing ppl from Canada.

Mexicans and brown privilege...I have never been to Mexico. There may be a little resentment to their neighbors from the North who forcibly took Texas and large parts of the Southwest from them in the 19th Century. Not sure if there are really enough white Americans applying for jobs at Fiat plants on Mexico to study this though. My guess is the first few slip by as novelties, then there is some pushback.

I especially liked how you tried to spin it all back on those nasty Americans. So, no "brown privilege" in Mexico except for those nasty gringos who stole their land? LOL

Lol, really, Mexicans may have some resentment towards America thanks to the 19th Century land grabs. Go look up "los ninos heroes" of all cognate phrases.

And not ONLY Canada Canadians get white privilege in America if I must be more clear.
Unlike you, I have actually been to Mexico. On average, about 3-4 days per month for the past 15 years. I've seen on resentment even though I'm sure you could find it if you looked hard enough. All societies, regardless of race, nationality, religion, culture or any other human difference have their fair share of complete assholes. It's up to each of us to decide if we choose to focus upon those few negative examples or the majority of positive examples.

Unlike you, I have actually been to Mexico. On average, about 3-4 days per month for the past 15 years. I've seen on resentment even though I'm sure you could find it if you looked hard enough. All societies, regardless of race, nationality, religion, culture or any other human difference have their fair share of complete assholes. It's up to each of us to decide if we choose to focus upon those few negative examples or the majority of positive examples.

Yeah, time working for the railroad gave me a real negative view and set me on picking Alaskan vacations.

So you'd say in Mexico proper off the resorts there is a little anti U.S. sentiment but really not noticeable?

You seem to agree racist pigs did and still do give preferential treatment to white applicants.

I agree the government steps in with a not so gentle hand and tries to balance it.

Here is the problem: In the 1950s Blacks had to be better qualified than Whites to get the same job (if at all). Fifty years later, Blacks need not as qualified as Whites to get the same job. (This is demonstrated by the Disparate Impact laws created by the Courts.)

This has resulted in de facto segregation in the workplace and education, where Blacks are hired and admitted without the skills necessary to compete on an equal basis with Whites. This causes resentment on both sides, which is tearing our society apart.

Do we really want to institutionalize a caste system in our country, where each group is assigned a separate piece of the pie? Are we willing to sacrifice opportunity for equal results? Isn't that what communism was all about?

These "temporary" measures have been with us half a century, yet the underlying cultural disparities in our society are greater than ever. How long can we continue down this path, and to what end?

Forum List

Back