CDZ Can someone help me to understand "conversion therapy" laws?

K9Buck

Platinum Member
Dec 25, 2009
So called "conversion therapy" is prohibited by law in a number of states and other, local jurisdictions.

Is "conversion therapy" the act of trying to persuade or compel one to "convert" one's gender identity and/or sexual orientation?

In a jurisdiction where such "therapy" is banned, does that mean that, an adult who wants to see a licensed psychologist, etc. in order to "help" them to change their gender-identity or sexual orientation, cannot?

Thanks in advance.

So called "conversion therapy" is prohibited by law in a number of states and other, local jurisdictions.

Is "conversion therapy" the act of trying to persuade or compel one to "convert" one's gender identity and/or sexual orientation?

In a jurisdiction where such "therapy" is banned, does that mean that, an adult who wants to see a licensed psychologist, etc. in order to "help" them to change their gender-identity or sexual orientation, cannot?

Thanks in advance.

I have a suggestion to use conversion therapy sites to make lists of dangerous NAZI nationals and other likely to be school shooter types. It just popped in my head so I typed it. I have a holocaust denying uncle who comically enough has a gay son that this applies to.

Thanks in advance.
Coochee Coochee Coo on the Couch

A shrink can make more money from Gayists continually running to him in order to be told that they are normal.

• Banned

Thanks in advance.

I have a suggestion to use conversion therapy sites to make lists of dangerous NAZI nationals and other likely to be school shooter types. It just popped in my head so I typed it. I have a holocaust denying uncle who comically enough has a gay son that this applies to.

Wow. I'd like to be at your family's Thanksgiving get together. :)

• Banned
I think those laws only apply to minors.
Correct.

Hence those measures are an appropriate safeguard against minors being abused.

So, if a nine year-old boy tells his parents that he feels like a girl on the inside, it is illegal (in some jurisdictions) for the parents to take their son to a child psychologist in an effort to "help" the boy to re-identify as the biological boy that he is?

I think this is an overreach.

Correct.

So, if a nine year-old boy tells his parents that he feels like a girl on the inside, it is illegal (in some jurisdictions) for the parents to take their son to a child psychologist in an effort to "help" the boy to re-identify as the biological boy that he is?

No. Conversion therapy specifically refers to sexual preference.

Correct.

If the laws apply to sexual preference, the issue of kids who want to switch sex entirely would certainly be covered under that law.

One does not choose one's sex therefore conversion therapy is nonsensical in the first place. Why is it lefties cannot understand the basics of human life?

Forum List

Back