Can someone explain why we can't just give freedom a chance?

The problem with the left is they falsely equate the term "freedom" as freedom to DO something, vote, talk, etc. Which is only partially the case. They completely forget the other part of freedom and that is the freedom FROM certain entities and actions. For example, freedom also includes the freedom to keep the fruits of your labor FROM others without your consent. Freedom includes the freedom FROM paying into a social security system that amounts to burglary. There are others. The freedom FROMs are what is most at stake.

So what You are advocating is the freedom to not be a part of society. Freedom is no longer ensuring that the society in which we prosper provides equal access to all members but to allow members of a society to pick and choose which programs they will support

That is not freedom.....that is selfishness

The federal government follows the Constitution. Americans are more free today than at any time in our history

Is that a fact? Please enlighten me as to how you came to this conclusion and explain how the centralization of power into the hands of a few equates to freedom.

So what You are advocating is the freedom to not be a part of society. Freedom is no longer ensuring that the society in which we prosper provides equal access to all members but to allow members of a society to pick and choose which programs they will support

Forced wealth redistribution in the form of food stamps, other welfare assistance, and government funded retirement are not requirements for living within a society, but you already knew that. It's nothing more than legalized thievery, but you know that too.

What is selfish are jackoffs like you who think you're entitled to someone else's money even though you didn't lift a finger to earn it. That's the purest form of greed there is so take a look in the mirror next time you accuse others of being selfish.

The problem with the left is they falsely equate the term "freedom" as freedom to DO something, vote, talk, etc. Which is only partially the case. They completely forget the other part of freedom and that is the freedom FROM certain entities and actions. For example, freedom also includes the freedom to keep the fruits of your labor FROM others without your consent. Freedom includes the freedom FROM paying into a social security system that amounts to burglary. There are others. The freedom FROMs are what is most at stake.

Oh, so freedom equates to only under government control and mandate. So is freedom not an extension of selfishness in that it is to live ones life as they choose within the laws afforded by the bill of rights and constitution?

The federal government follows the Constitution. Americans are more free today than at any time in our history

Is that a fact? Please enlighten me as to how you came to this conclusion and explain how the centralization of power into the hands of a few equates to freedom.

Yes, it is a fact

The Government today more closely follows the spirit of our Constitution than at any time in our history. A society where all people have access to the benefits of society. The reason conservatives complain so loudly is that our society is no longer set up to provide primary access to white, male, Christians.

That is the "freedom" they have lost

Forced wealth redistribution in the form of food stamps, other welfare assistance, and government funded retirement are not requirements for living within a society, but you already knew that. It's nothing more than legalized thievery, but you know that too.

What is selfish are jackoffs like you who think you're entitled to someone else's money even though you didn't lift a finger to earn it. That's the purest form of greed there is so take a look in the mirror next time you accuse others of being selfish.

Looking out for the well being of all citizens is not wealth distribution. As practiced today, wealth redistribution is passing laws that ensure that most wealth continues to be funneled and maintained by the privileged few
Wanting to ensure that all citizens are taken care of is not selfish. What is selfish is the conservative/libertarian mantra of "I got mine.....screw you"

I am advocating choice, which is a subcategory of freedom, mind you.

Choice as in not having to serve blacks if you don't want to?
Choice as in not having to help Americans who are struggling?
Choice as in ignoring what your elected officials are doing because you do not personally benefit?

Choice as in not having to serve blacks if you don't want to?
Choice as in not having to help Americans who are struggling?
Choice as in ignoring what your elected officials are doing because you do not personally benefit?

Choice is deciding what I do with my own money and property.
Choice is deciding if I have a surplus of money of who and what I donate it to to help those who are struggling out of my own damn choice.
Choice is deciding how long grass will grow on my own damn property.
Choice is, yes, deciding whether or not I want to provide my service to you based on my own reason. Before you FLIP THE FUCK OUT over this, you must understand that in the 21st century if ANYONE did this it would be business suicide, there would be mass boycotts and such, so it would be stupid to. But yes, I believe that choice. Civil rights legislation has no purpose in the 21st century because as a country and as a whole, have moved past skin color. Yes probably .0000001% of the population still cling to racism but those people are just nuts, it happens. Why should I be punished for their intolerance? I believe it is fine the other way around too. Choice is freedom, freedom is choice. Let people make mistakes and learn from them. The Government is not a fucking wet nurse...maybe it is to you and maybe you enjoy suckling on that dried out tit but I don't, so don't force me to. That is not freedom.
You are saying freedom is government control, I am saying you are a fucking moron.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back