Can someone explain why we can't just give freedom a chance?

Liberty

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2009
colorado
Why can't the federal government just stick to the constitution? Since when has this become a bad thing? I don't understand...republicans complain, democrats complain, our whole system is just whiners with no real solution...when the solution is right in front of us. That's right. I am talking about the damn United States Constitution. All the rules are in place...but we don't follow them. The federal government grows and grows and grows, seizes power that by design the 10th amendment is supposed to protect, etc. etc. Maybe the reason why the country is declining economically, morally, etc. is because we strayed from our foundation...the foundation of liberty secured primarily by local government.

God help us.

Last edited:
The federal government follows the Constitution. Americans are more free today than at any time in our history

Why can't the federal government just stick to the constitution? Since when has this become a bad thing? I don't understand...republicans complain, democrats complain, our whole system is just whiners with no real solution...when the solution is right in front of us. That's right. I am talking about the damn United States Constitution. All the rules are in place...but we don't follow them. The federal government grows and grows and grows, seizes power that by design the 10th amendment is supposed to protect, etc. etc. Maybe the reason why the country is declining economically, morally, etc. is because we strayed from our foundation...the foundation of liberty secured primarily by local government.

God help us.

Because the Constitution effectively DENIES the ONE thing those in power crave the most... Absolute Power.

The federal government follows the Constitution.

horse-shit.jpg

The federal government follows the Constitution. Americans are more free today than at any time in our history

Oh, brother! :rolleyes:

Name a period in our history when Americans had more freedom than they have today......I'll wait

Easy.....The 50's
The 60's
The 70's
The 80's
The 90's

With all the regulations and restrictions lately I am shocked this is even a matter for discussion.

Just a few things that have changed recently....

Can't say Merry Christmas.
Can't say God Bless America.
Can't wear a shirt with an American Flag.
Can't smoke at work.
Can't smoke in a bar
Can't smoke in a restaurant.
Can't smoke outside your office.
Soon you won't be able to smoke in your apartment.
Restrictions on salt intake.
Soon we won't be able to buy the really really really really big tub of soda....

We have to buy health care....

Our freedoms have been steadily eroded or taken away completely...

The biggest is this forced to buy Health Care Bullshit....

I would have listed more but my fingers are cramping....
and I need them for later..... :eusa_drool:

Morality? You mean hate the gays, the blacks, the poor, the Hispanics, the Muslims or women's right? Which is it?

Forum List

Back