Can someone explain why democrats think

Because the middle class does the bulk of the spending and buying.

Without that buying power, who are the producers going to sell to?
Without accumulation of capital, who is going to employ anyone to do any buying?

sigh, you people want to make a complex topic into a simple headline.

you need both in order to have a strong economy. You need people who will hire and you need the people to work. You need those people to go and buy said product as well.

If EITHER of those are not present the system will not work. Trickle down doesn't work. Its a give and take balance ( like usual its a BALANCE) that makes this economy run.
Who the fuck is going to roll out the products to buy?...The brokedick with the minimum wage job?

In all honesty, I looked for links.

I already know most small bushiness's aren't wealthy, but I believe the ones that hire are.

Say what? You don't have any links or proof?

You seemed so certain.

You said most business owners that hire are middle class. I said that's false. You can't find proof.

Have you ever worked for a business, where the owner was middle class? I haven't.

Absolutely. You are way off base.

It starts with an idea.
Then someone takes that idea and makes something.(yes you did build that not government)
Then that product is marketed.
Then that product is sold.
Then that product is delivered.
Then that product is used.

Where in any of this did the consumer start this process.

Even the people who own hot dog stands are rich, according to democrats.

What the fuck are you talking about?

I looked in to buying one in NYC. They are very expensive to operate. The people that work for them don't usually own them. Depending on location, the rent you pay the city can be astronomical. It's really a cash cow business. You should look into working for one.:badgrin:

The Democrats don't understand how the economy works. From what I can gather they think that the Middle class grows the economy because they are the ones doing the buying mostly. They can't understand how jobs come into play and how corporations and businesses make the products, etc. They think it's a linear progression from the middle class consumer out. I've tried on many occasions to make them understand how it all fits together, they simply won't or can't understand.

Well, when you think about it, if they were smart, they wouldn't be liberals.

They pay the most taxes and make the most purchases of products and services that support businesses, the government and thus the economy.The poor don't contribute and the rich don't because they pay no taxes and have big tax havens and hide their money.

Last edited:
It starts with an idea.
Then someone takes that idea and makes something.(yes you did build that not government)

What a stupid fuking question. I thought you were part of the whiz kid economic experts populating this thread?

Let me help you; It starts with an idea.....that if I build this widget.......some consumer of widgets will buy it.

Why don't you list the number of products that you are personally aware of that were developed without a consumer in mind.

The Democrats don't understand how the economy works. From what I can gather they think that the Middle class grows the economy because they are the ones doing the buying mostly. They can't understand how jobs come into play and how corporations and businesses make the products, etc. They think it's a linear progression from the middle class consumer out. I've tried on many occasions to make them understand how it all fits together, they simply won't or can't understand.

Well, when you think about it, if they were smart, they wouldn't be liberals.

They pay the most taxes and make the most purchases of products and services that support businesses, the government and thus the economy.

Thanks for coming along and proving me right.

It starts with an idea.

It starts with a need, and someone comes up with an idea to fill that need. If there was no demand, then no one would make it.

Irony.

Still waiting for your proof that the middle class are the employers. Your links didn't prove that, young lady.

What's your definition of middle class?

Apparently, the definition of middle class can change to whatever a poster wants it to be.

Brucy., you are the self proclaimed financial whiz kid today, why don't you go ahead and define the middle class for us.

I'll tell the middle class friend of mine that hired two roofers today to fire their asses.
Brucy said that their ain't no hiring done by the middle class.

Because the middle class does the bulk of the spending and buying.

Without that buying power, who are the producers going to sell to?
Without accumulation of capital, who is going to employ anyone to do any buying?

sigh, you people want to make a complex topic into a simple headline.

you need both in order to have a strong economy. You need people who will hire and you need the people to work. You need those people to go and buy said product as well.

If EITHER of those are not present the system will not work. Trickle down doesn't work. Its a give and take balance ( like usual its a BALANCE) that makes this economy run.

Trickle down is a derisive slogan, not an idea. Think about it, if yo free up enough investment capital through either deregulation or tax cuts you get people who fund pc companies before there is a market for pc's and funding cell phone companies before there is a market for cell phones and biotech companies that will have to wait a long time for profits to start coming in and all these new companies create jobs that have never existed before and you get the prosperity of the late 1980's and the 1990's. Take the same amount of money and spread over the entire population and you get a warm and fuzzy feeling as well as a slight increase in demand, but concentrate in the hands of a relatively few investors and you get whole new industries that transform the world. No matter how many engineers we had trained we would never have gotten the the prosperity of the late 1980's or the 1990's without private investors who were willing to gamble their newly acquired capital that markets for these new products could be created.

This is why economies always grow from the top down and never from the middle out.

During the Great Depression one could see the shuttered factories, and machines sitting idle. At one time most of the shuttered factories were alive and well. The factories had money behind them, the buildings were there all intact, the machines and workers were there, and then bingo they closed the doors, machines quiet, what had changed? The business couldn't sell their product not because people didn't want their product but because they didn't have the money to buy it. Bingo the businss closed up.
What businessmen would continue making products that no one had the money to buy?

Let me see if I can dumb this down enough for you lefties to comprehend.

Businesses produce => Consumers buy => Businesses make profit => Businesses expand => Business hire workers => Businesses produce => Consumers buy => Businesses make profit => Businesses expand => Business hire workers => Businesses produce => Consumers buy => Businesses make profit => Businesses expand => Business hire workers => Businesses produce => Consumers buy => etc.

You cannot simply state that any one part of this process is the beginning, and you cannot affect one of these areas and not affect the whole.

As a business owner of over 25 years my profit grows from the workers I hire and the fact that most of my clients are middle class who when they are fortunate to have some extra money chose to hire me to improve their house. If they have no money, I have no work. They key is for businesses to only produce high paying jobs. Minimum wage pay should never ever ever be equated with a "job." That is called only showing up. Any business owner with a shred of smarts knows if you pay more than your competition you get much better results and keeping labor costs low is your demise.

Forum List

Back