Can Somebody Who is Military Answer A Question???

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Do they or do they not teach military personnel how to withstand torture? or to withold information under torture??

If torture doesn't work why do they teach this if they do?????

Do they or do they not teach military personnel how to withstand torture? or to withold information under torture??

Some personnel are taught some techniques. By the way? That includes the supposed torture of water boarding. That is right, Our Government has declared it Torture but they practice it on American service members.

Some personnel are taught some techniques. By the way? That includes the supposed torture of water boarding. That is right, Our Government has declared it Torture but they practice it on American service members.

I got that part.. but if torture does not work why do they have to teach people how to withstand it?? doyathink?? why waste the time and money???

Because you have to prepare them for what really happens. Because the piss ant in office doesn't want it doesnt mean it doesn't happen.

Much of military training is about testing you and toughening you up. They used to use gas many years ago in a similar fashion. You have no idea how many men break down under stress. Today suicide seems extremely bad but I think it is for another reason today. Separation from family and the burdens of overseas duty I would think. You've never seen a sadden man than one who got a Dear John.

I got that part.. but if torture does not work why do they have to teach people how to withstand it?? doyathink?? why waste the time and money???

good point. if we aren't worried about it working, they why toughen them up for it?

Well, I am so happy to see all the people on this board who are so in love with using torture. I am sure that you are so proud of yourselves and your "toughness".

Of course, the fact that it is against our traditions and laws make little differance to you, right?

Why don't you just put on the swastika armbands and openly display your ideological preferances.

You are cowards, men and women without honor. George Washington established our morals on this subject, and people like yourselves, are not going to change those morals.

Your defense of this horror is the very reason that Bush and Cheney should be standing before the Hague right now. Reason that President Obama should release all of the torture photos so that the nation can see what was actually done in our name.

Well, I am so happy to see all the people on this board who are so in love with using torture. I am sure that you are so proud of yourselves and your "toughness".

Of course, the fact that it is against our traditions and laws make little differance to you, right?

Why don't you just put on the swastika armbands and openly display your ideological preferances.

You are cowards, men and women without honor. George Washington established our morals on this subject, and people like yourselves, are not going to change those morals.

Your defense of this horror is the very reason that Bush and Cheney should be standing before the Hague right now. Reason that President Obama should release all of the torture photos so that the nation can see what was actually done in our name.

The armbands are what the asshole in office is ask us to do!!!

If it wasnt for the digital age and the internet the images would have never made it to the news etc.

This never happend in past wars? Bullshit It will happen in future ones as well

The reason is protection of our soldiers. The photos would create horror worldwide. And that alone is enough justification for releasing them. Just as you people are defending torture, the release of the photos would demonstrate just how far this kind of thing goes once it is allowed to start.

What we do to others in other nations, we will do to our own people if those actions are not censored. Remember Andersonville. It has happened here.

Andersonville Prison - Crime Library on truTV.com
A Baby Born in Hell

The condition of
inmates at
Andersonville
(Library of
Congress)In 1864 the Civil War was raging through parts of the South, but actual fighting hadn't reached remote Andersonville, Georgia, where the prison camp, Fort Sumter, had been built. On one particularly hot July evening that year, a Confederate guard from the 26th Alabama regiment stood watch on the parapet of the stockade prison, which was more commonly referred to as Andersonville Prison by the locals, and as "hell" by the Union soldiers and sailors incarcerated there.

The prison was nothing more than acres of open ground surrounded by a stockade fence and earthworks barricades. The destitute prisoners sheltered themselves as best they could, some with makeshift tents, others in shallow holes dug in the dirt, lined with pine needles, and covered with whatever scrap of fabric the men had—a tarp, a blanket, maybe a tattered coat. The prison was so crowded that each man had just enough room to lie down.

As dusk gave way to night, the guard looked out on thousands of prone, wretched bodies—some of them nearly skeletons from dysentery and malnourishment—and he thought of Andersonville as a massive graveyard where the corpses were still breathing and graves were yet to be covered.

The reason is protection of our soldiers. The photos would create horror worldwide. And that alone is enough justification for releasing them. Just as you people are defending torture, the release of the photos would demonstrate just how far this kind of thing goes once it is allowed to start.

What we do to others in other nations, we will do to our own people if those actions are not censored. Remember Andersonville. It has happened here.

Andersonville Prison - Crime Library on truTV.com
A Baby Born in Hell

The condition of
inmates at
Andersonville
(Library of
Congress)In 1864 the Civil War was raging through parts of the South, but actual fighting hadn't reached remote Andersonville, Georgia, where the prison camp, Fort Sumter, had been built. On one particularly hot July evening that year, a Confederate guard from the 26th Alabama regiment stood watch on the parapet of the stockade prison, which was more commonly referred to as Andersonville Prison by the locals, and as "hell" by the Union soldiers and sailors incarcerated there.

The prison was nothing more than acres of open ground surrounded by a stockade fence and earthworks barricades. The destitute prisoners sheltered themselves as best they could, some with makeshift tents, others in shallow holes dug in the dirt, lined with pine needles, and covered with whatever scrap of fabric the men had—a tarp, a blanket, maybe a tattered coat. The prison was so crowded that each man had just enough room to lie down.

As dusk gave way to night, the guard looked out on thousands of prone, wretched bodies—some of them nearly skeletons from dysentery and malnourishment—and he thought of Andersonville as a massive graveyard where the corpses were still breathing and graves were yet to be covered.

Dramatic but wrong

Because you have to prepare them for what really happens. Because the piss ant in office doesn't want it doesnt mean it doesn't happen.

The prior incompetant and criminal idiot in office lied us into a war, and committed other war crimes. The fact that you dislike President Obama is based on what his presidency is going to make that of Bush's look like.

Old Rocks said:

Are one of those "traditions" falling asleep only to wake up one day and see thousands of Americans die?

Pearl Harbor, 9/11, might as well go for the strikeout eh? It's tradition.

The prior incompetant and criminal idiot in office lied us into a war, and committed other war crimes. The fact that you dislike President Obama is based on what his presidency is going to make that of Bush's look like.

Better?

No. I think the little bastard will make the US less safe in the world.

Since he took office, every nuclear wannabe has been ramping up their development. The Taliban is pushing back in Afghanistan and marching all over Pakistan.

What other explanation could there be except that there is a weak US President who won't do a damn thing to them militarily?

Since he took office, every nuclear wannabe has been ramping up their development. The Taliban is pushing back in Afghanistan and marching all over Pakistan.

What other explanation could there be except that there is a weak US President who won't do a damn thing to them militarily?

So what did the previous prez do? You think it's the first time N. Korea tested weapons? The taliban just invaded Pakistan? Iran just became a threat? Since he took office...how can you be so dishonest?

So what did the previous prez do? You think it's the first time N. Korea tested weapons? The taliban just invaded Pakistan? Iran just became a threat? Since he took office...how can you be so dishonest?
What has Obama done to fix it ?

Key phrase in Hilda's post is "ramping up their development".

And again, Joe Biden, the gift that keeps on giving:

"Mark my words. It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama . . ."

We have two more hot spots in Korea and Pakistan with a possible in Iran. That's in addition to Iraq and Afghanistan. I don't know the answer but I'm guessing it's going to have to be diplomatic. And he's been working on diplomacy.

We have two more hot spots in Korea and Pakistan with a possible in Iran. That's in addition to Iraq and Afghanistan. I don't know the answer but I'm guessing it's going to have to be diplomatic. And he's been working on diplomacy.

and it's working really well --how many diplomatic troops is he sending to Afghanistan ? :lol:

Forum List

Back