Can somebody tell me why.....

Why is it that so many people in the USA and around the world, are more concerned with protecting the rights of those who have entered AZ illegally (criminals among them) than they are about protecting the rights of the citizens in AZ to live in a safe and secure environment? It's really too bad that this country is allowing illegals to hold it hostage to the point of deliberately hurting economically the people in AZ.

Why is it that so many people in the USA and around the world, are more concerned with protecting the rights of those who have entered AZ illegally (criminals among them) than they are about protecting the rights of the citizens in AZ to live in a safe and secure environment? It's really too bad that this country is allowing illegals to hold it hostage to the point of deliberately hurting economically the people in AZ.

Oh, that why. I cannot answer because I have the same question.

Okay I'll give it a shot.

1. There are those already here who want to be able to legally bring many more into the country.

2. There are those in and out of government who very much want to make citizens of all those millions of legals and thereby create an enormous voting block that can keep those in government there for perpetuity.

3. There are those in and out of government who do not think America deserves to be the more prosperous, most free, most productive, most militarily strong nation on Earth and see bringing many more like minded or people who can be trained to be like minded here will hasten the process of changing all that.

4. And the Arizona law, should they fail to sufficiently demonize and marginalize it, could become so popular that many others will follow suit and put all those lovely plans in 1, 2, and 3 in jeopardy.

It's the exact same reason that they trash Conservative talk radio, Sarah Palin, Tea Parties, Tax Protest Groups, and 9/12ers.

Last edited:

I think it is Funny, If the table was turned, and people were walking through their yard and littering and defacating, destroying fences and stealing water and whatnot from their yards, would they not call the police? And what would happen if the police showed up and said we cannot do anything because that would be racial profiling, your going to have to live with it, oh and if you put barbed wire on your fences and they cut themselves on it they can sue you as well. You are racist if you want them removed.

Common sense does not apply when even the president stirs up these rallies against a State with his civil rights violation rhetoric. Guess it is time for Obama to go on another national tour to stir up more hate and distrust and to divide us more and more.

Perhaps they should try to live in the people of Arizona's shoes before they get concerned about this, as to the rest of the World, what else could they think when even the President says this is a bad law.

Last edited:

I think it is Funny, If the table was turned, and people were walking through their yard and littering and defacating, destroying fences and stealing water and whatnot from their yards, would they not call the police? And what would happen if the police showed up and said we cannot do anything because that would be racial profiling, your going to have to live with it, oh and if you put barbed wire on your fences and they cut themselves on it they can sue you as well. You are racist if you want them removed.

Common sense does not apply when even the president stirs up these rallies against a State with his civil rights violation rhetoric. Guess it is time for Obama to go on another national tour to stir up more hate and distrust and to divide us more and more.

Perhaps they should try to live in the people of Arizona's shoes before they get concerned about this, as to the rest of the World, what else could they think when even the President says this is a bad law.

When people say this is a bad law it proves they haven't read it.

If you were asked by a cop this morning to show proof that you are a citizen of the United States, what would you have shown him?

And if you are not currently carrying anything that proves you are a citizen of the US, what would you consider to be a fair penalty?

Last edited:

If you were asked by a cop this morning to show proof that you are a citizen of the United States, what would you have shown him?

And if you are not currently carrying anything that proves you are a citizen of the US, what would you consider to be a fair penalty?

Most people carry a drivers liscence.

In day to day activities here in America, I don't generally carry proof of citizenship. I do expect to produce positive photo ID upon request in government buildings, when boarding a flight, or other venues where security is maintained or when writing a check or using my credit card. When visiting other countries, I keep my Passport birth, certificate, and if required, Visa, on my person at all times. And I go precious few places in this country without having some kind of positive ID on my person.

Except coming through customs, I've never had a law enforcement officer ask for proof of citizenship in this country and do not expect that to be the case in Arizona either.

If stopped and asked for ID, I would show my Driver's license that includes photo, full name, address, and physical description. Once I do that, he most likely has no probable cause to suspect my citizenship and that will no doubt end the inquiry. Or, like customs officials often do, he might ask a couple of innocuous questions that are easy for an honest person to answer but might cause a stammer or two in the dishonest. If there was anything amiss in that driver's license or my behavior to cast suspicion that it wasn't on the up and up, I would then invite the officer to accompany me to my house where I could produce both my passport and birth certificate.

For those not in the country illegally, I would imagine the latter to be an extremely uncommon occurrence in Arizona or anywhere else.

Last edited:

1. There are those already here who want to be able to legally bring many more into the country.

2. There are those in and out of government who very much want to make citizens of all those millions of legals and thereby create an enormous voting block that can keep those in government there for perpetuity.

3. There are those in and out of government who do not think America deserves to be the more prosperous, most free, most productive, most militarily strong nation on Earth and see bringing many more like minded or people who can be trained to be like minded here will hasten the process of changing all that.

4. And the Arizona law, should they fail to sufficiently demonize and marginalize it, could become so popular that many others will follow suit and put all those lovely plans in 1, 2, and 3 in jeopardy.

It's the exact same reason that they trash Conservative talk radio, Sarah Palin, Tea Parties, Tax Protest Groups, and 9/12ers.

5. There are those in and out of the government who are completely insulated from the negative effects of illegal immigration, benefit from the cheap services that are provided, live lives of extreme privilege, and practice the typical elite self-indulgence of supporting policies that are at odds with the way they live their lives. It's called Hypocrisy.

5. There are those in and out of the government who are completely insulated from the negative effects of illegal immigration, benefit from the cheap services that are provided, live lives of extreme privilege, and practice the typical elite self-indulgence of supporting policies that are at odds with the way they live their lives. It's called Hypocrisy.

That too.

But setting aside individual self interest for a bit, the scariest component of this whole debate was summarized recently in a Thomas Sowell essay:

Excerpt:
The ruthless and corrupt way (the healthcare reform bill) was forced through Congress on a party-line vote, and in defiance of public opinion, provides a road map for how other "historic" changes can be imposed by Obama, Pelosi and Reid.

What will it matter if Obama's current approval rating is below 50 percent among the current voting public, if he can ram through new legislation to create millions of new voters by granting citizenship to illegal immigrants? That can be enough to make him a two-term President, who can appoint enough Supreme Court justices to rubber-stamp further extensions of his power.

When all these newly minted citizens are rounded up on election night by ethnic organization activists and labor union supporters of the administration, that may be enough to salvage the Democrats' control of Congress as well.

The last opportunity that current American citizens may have to determine who will control Congress may well be the election in November of this year. Off-year elections don't usually bring out as many voters as Presidential election years. But the 2010 election may be the last chance to halt the dismantling of America. It can be the point of no return.
Thomas Sowell

So the healthcare battle was lost for now, but for the U.S. forces in wartime and in many other honorable causes, we Americans have lost many battles while we prevailed in winning the war.

I think we have to push on and defend and fight hard for what is right re illegal immigration and everything else, or they're gonna get us. Apathy and indifference aren't going to cut it any more.

'If you were asked by a cop this morning to show proof that you are a citizen of the United States, what would you have shown him?'
Driver's license; proof of auto insurance; car registration; copy wallet size of my passport. If I am stopped for a violation and have no prrof of some sort, then it's a moot point as the U.S.Constitution; the Bill of Rights, and the Rule of Law would take over. [/I]

If ILLEGALLY here, deportation! If LEGAL resident, the residence green card that by law since 1944 has to be carried. My driver's license is sufficient for proof of citizenship. If I am stopped for a violation of some sort, then it's a moot point as the U.S. Constitution; the Bill of Rights, and the Rule of Law would take over.

Forum List

Back